Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What am I allowed to say in the following situation?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

What am I allowed to say in the following situation?

May 4, 2018, 12:50 PM

There is a Top-300 recruit that attends a facility where I work. I see him on a daily basis, though he is not on my assigned listing. I know Clemson has offered, but I'm not sure what kind of chance we have as this prospect plays a position at which we are absolutely loaded. I have seen recruiters in here like never before. Today, NC State, yesterday, Ole Miss and Auburn. I will probably have the kid next year on my case load, but I seem them daily now. I have never spoken with them, just nodded and said hello.

My question is: Am I allowed to share with them what I know about the program?
**Clemson players always seem very satisfied with their selection.
**The school has a great academic reputation for graduation ratio, tutors and academic center.
**The staff and school put a tremendous amount into developing the whole person.
**Game-day atmosphere, fanbase
**Proximity to Atlanta, although I know he has visited.

Am I allowed to have conversation like that, or should I just not bother?

He knows I am a Clemson grad and I get the feeling he is wondering why I haven't said anything to him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Without making eye contact, just do the

May 4, 2018, 12:55 PM

Clemson Cadence Count everytime he walks by ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYgoYMpMpzs

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What am I allowed to say in the following situation?

May 4, 2018, 12:58 PM

If you have any official affiliation with Clemson, you can't talk to him. Only coaches can have any official contact with a prospect.

If you're a booster, you can (probably) talk to him, but be careful - always make sure your dealings are public, and you certainly can't offer the kid anything of value. I've known a couple boosters who basically got disavowed and cut off by their universities and were not allowed to have any kind of contact whatsoever with the school any more over simple stuff like buying a kid dinner; another one gave him an old (but admittedly expensive) suit jacket for a job interview and he wound up banned. (And this was at Furman!)

People are always watching.

If you're just an ordinary Clemson grad or fan, you can talk to the kid about whatever you want.

Thanks! I am a booster, but I would

May 4, 2018, 1:03 PM

never even think of giving anything as minute as a cap, but your reply is interesting and informative. I have no official affiliation with Clemson, but am an IPTAY member. I think I will just continue to not say anything though.

You can't even give him chage for a soda.

May 4, 2018, 1:43 PM

You can talk about whatever you want even if you are a boooster.

You can even tell him he should go to clemson cause it rocks.

You can also tell him auburn is full of homos.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I feel like you shouldn't say anything

May 4, 2018, 1:13 PM

I really don't think one random person's unsolicited opinion is going to have any positive sway on his decision.

"Don't Tweet at Croots" doesn't really apply here, but it's the same idea. Just let the coaches do the recruiting.

That was my opinion exactly and then I started feeling

May 4, 2018, 1:25 PM

guilty that I wasn't at least speaking up for Clemson. But now that I have thrown this out there, I feel the response just confirms my original thought on the matter. I will not say anything.

Please call the compliance officer in the

May 4, 2018, 1:31 PM

Athletic Department and discuss this situation. Better safe than sorry!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would be more concerned about

May 4, 2018, 1:29 PM

professional ethics. I run a behavioral health facility and would probably consider that a breach of ethics.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thanks***

May 4, 2018, 1:31 PM

May 4, 2018, 1:36 PM

We are all ambassadors for Clemson. You can tell anybody how great of a place and decision Clemson will be for the rest of their life, and offer to help them find out any information and put them in touch with the right people. Yes you may not be able to take them for a visit, but you can certainly tell them they need to visit. Its one of the most important decisions of their life, we can't be silent about how it was one of the best decisions we made.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only thing you should do in this situation is to call

May 4, 2018, 1:37 PM

Newspring and they will send a representative to speak with the young man and help him pray about his decision. That usually seals the deal right away.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

May 4, 2018, 3:29 PM

send davidhood®an email. I'm sure he would give you advice.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2018, 6:04 PM

If you want to talk to him make sure it's ok with your boss or HR manager. Also I would talk to compliance though I don't think there would be any issues. While you're on the phone with them see if they can send you info on dead periods.

Document when other schools are there and turn them in for recruiting violations if they make contact in a dead period!

May 4, 2018, 7:05 PM

+ 1 for bringing this up . There are a lot of dumb assis out there there that wouldn't think twice about it .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2018, 7:09 PM

Ask Francis Marion

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2018, 7:22 PM

Rather than taking the advice of Tigernet lawyers, why not ask the Clemson compliance office?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic