Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Player you're most excited about for 2019 football season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Player you're most excited about for 2019 football season

Jul 21, 2019, 10:07 PM

I always love this time of year because of the blind possibilities for the future. Right about now is when my imagination really starts to run wild for the upcoming season and I can usually convince myself that one or two of our unknown (nationally) players is about to become the next Deon Sanders.

This year the player I'm most excited to see is; Derion Kendrick. Watching him play last year as WR it was obvious this kid has a competitive fire that goes way beyond the norm. Go back and watch his reaction any time he was tackled, it was ANGER. legitimate anger that he was stopped from taking the ball to the house. Now, take that drive and put it on the defensive side of the ball in a position where confidence is key. His competitiveness and athletic ability along with the fact that you have preseason all conference corner lined up on the other side of the field could mean big this for DK. I can't wait to see this kid dismantle primadonna WR's this season and wouldn't be surprised if he ends the season with 5 picks.

Who are you looking forward to watching and why? If it's DK, go ahead and make me believe in him more.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Player you're most excited about for 2019 football season

Jul 21, 2019, 10:31 PM

Trevor Lawrence. Should be much better this year. Seriously!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2019, 10:37 PM

Jimmy Greenbeans. He has a nasty side to him. Plays on both sides of the ball. Can’t wait.

How about the probability of DK taking it to the house

Jul 21, 2019, 11:29 PM

after the interceptions?!!! There will be 5 linemen on the field and a useless QB, leaving only a few capable of stopping his return efforts . . . If he picks 5 . . . I'm guessing 2-3 get taken to the house!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2019, 11:59 PM

Cant name just 1.

TL
XT
KJ.Henry
Kendrick
Higgins ( He breaks out even more ready to bolt for NFL)
Andrew Booth
Ladson
Defensive Tackles

Jul 22, 2019, 12:18 AM

Mascoll too.

How about the Tiger mascot....

Jul 22, 2019, 12:10 AM

...does anyone know what the record is for number of pushups done in a season at Clemson?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2019, 12:18 AM

I'm probably a Lyn J Dixon fan. I know he has a lot to learn, but that dude can make some serious moves, and accelerates with the best of them.

I have all the same favorites that excelled LAST YEAR, but I'm looking forward to:
seeing Henry get more PT
seeing T J Chase get more PT

I also hope to see Amari Rodgers back on the field at some point.

Do we have anyone that can run the Jumbo Package? Niles Pinckney? Bueler? Bueler? Bueler?

Jul 22, 2019, 12:21 AM

Tyler Davis and Andrew Booth

Jul 22, 2019, 12:38 AM

Skalsky- He has a whole season's worth of frustration to take out on somebody.

Jul 22, 2019, 12:56 AM

I think XT. He is so gifted and has a great tool set. Excited to see him in a larger role and what he does with it. I predict he will eat a bunch of QBs for lunch or dinner depending on kickoff time, lol.

Message was edited by: SAG6060®

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2019, 12:56 AM

Won't name any freshman.

1. XT. This guy is a freak!
2. TL. Can he just pick up where he left off?
3. LJD. Non-Clemson fans will know his name before too long.
4. DK. Part of me can't accept he can be a better CB than WR. I'm very curious how this works out for him.

Jul 22, 2019, 7:53 AM

Tyler Davis. When I saw him at the recruiting roundup, I immediately got the feeling "this guy is going to be good". In the spring game, he confirmed my opinion. With both of our starters side-lined during the spring, this gave Davis an opportunity to develop and it has paid dividends.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

outside of the regular crew

Jul 22, 2019, 8:42 AM

ETN, Lawrence, Ross, Higgins, etc. etc.

I'm excited about Lyn J. Dixon. He is going to get a lot more carries than last season to give ETN some rest and I think Dixon is going to show out. We are going to have a 1-2 punch with those guys.

Ross

Jul 22, 2019, 8:49 AM

We know what we're going to get at RB and QB. I'm interested in what a full season of Justyn Ross as a starter looks like.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

LJD and the other backup RB's.

Jul 22, 2019, 9:47 AM

Hoping we can get great productivity out of our RB corps behind Etienne, and really hoping that Dixon has turned a corner to where he's trusted more. Spreading out carries at RB is critical to full season success.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

XT. He will be even more physical, if possible

Jul 22, 2019, 9:51 AM

I pity the players/teams now making comments.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Muse and Wallace

Jul 22, 2019, 10:52 AM

Both of them play aggressively, and have a ton of experience. I know they catch some bad publicity when they get beat over the top, but on the whole they are a great tandem and really fun to watch. They hit hard and are great in run support. They get fired up every-time they make a play, I hope thats contagious for the rest of our defense. Heck I'm usually up fist pumping too whenever they clean up a play.

Im curious to see if they continue to learn and dominate on the back end too. They will be crucial this year as our new line comes together. I think they have always been underrated and overshadowed by our front 7 and cant wait to see them lead the defense.

Potter

Jul 22, 2019, 10:59 AM

I'm interested in seeing his leg strength after a year under his belt and S&C working with him. Hey, yall pretty much covered all the rest, but Potter already had a great kickoff leg, now I am hoping to have that accurate leg to go with it. If so, that is a huge weapon. Points can be had on most drives one way or another.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL on offense & X at DE

Jul 22, 2019, 11:09 AM

I want to see some QB's get whacked by X ........

null

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic