Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pitt so-called EXPOSED us 2 years ago too
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Pitt so-called EXPOSED us 2 years ago too

Nov 26, 2018, 9:27 AM

and that turned out pretty well. The coots probably did our defense a favor going forward. It happens, ARK put up 31 on Bama earlier this year. We know Coach V and the defense rarely will let the same type of thing happen multiple times. They played backyard football and got some big plays, the refs hurt alil bit, but we also left another 14-20 on the table. Bottomline is we played our worse game defensively all year and still won by 3 TDS. Nothing to be ashamed of.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

someone who gets it^^^^

Nov 26, 2018, 9:29 AM

point for you sir.

Re: Pitt so-called EXPOSED us 2 years ago too

Nov 26, 2018, 9:31 AM

Southern Tiger gets it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A segment of the fan base is spoiled...

Nov 26, 2018, 9:52 AM

to the point that if the team doesn't blow-out/shut-out every opponent, they ##### and moan, whine and complain like a bunch of prepubescent school girls.

There is a guy who sits behind me at the games. He gets pi$$ed-off and starts griping any time an opposing team gets a first down.

Dabo was right (rolling eyes).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Pitt so-called EXPOSED us 2 years ago too

Nov 26, 2018, 9:52 AM

Agreed.

Our D had a bad game with a scheme issue... and we won by 21.

We should be congratulating our offense. They won that game. Basically it was a coming out party for the young guys and they obliterated the coots.

The Defense won the Cuse game and our Offense won the Coot-excuse game. Glad to have a complete O and D.

Not ashamed, but...

Nov 26, 2018, 9:57 AM

Anyone that watched our secondary continually get torched over and over with no one able to fix it during the game, had to be a little disappointed. I do think V tried, but that is what was so bothersome... he couldn't.

But I expect things to be different this weekend. We shall see.

Re: Not ashamed, but...

Nov 26, 2018, 10:09 AM

The biggest problem (among many) was the lateness of his play calling. Our defense is designed to play together. When you run package blitzes and coverages, each guy has assignments. But it takes a few seconds to get in position and communicate.

When the other team runs uptempo, you've got to get the calls in quickly or your players start playing backyard football against a team that's not.

Not sure how BV fixes that. I'm sure he's had to deal with it before, but those are the teams that make our defense look mortal. Very mortal.

Nov 26, 2018, 10:21 AM

Agreed. That is an issue when people go tempo against us. Need a fix for that ASAP. Go Tigers

Nov 26, 2018, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Not ashamed, but... ]

I respectfully disagree that BV tried but couldn't. If you look at the box score, there is a big goose egg in 3Q for SC. Adjustments were made and rectified. But then the 3's and 4's came in and let SC score a couple more TDs in the 4th. I think this game does give us something to coach our whole defense going forward (remember how Clemson shut down the shuffle pass every game after Pitt torched us with it). They will learn, they will improve.

Nov 26, 2018, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Not ashamed, but... ]

It was def more scheme than anything I feel, we didn't get the pressure or be as aggressive as we usually are. I thought we should have played more Man coverage and let our best corners Mullen and Terrell just stay locked to Deebo and Edwards. But like I said, this was a good game to have in a way, some film for the Coach V and the defense to look at and fix the issues. I know that shovel pass Pitt ate us alive with never worked again so lol, it is what it is. We'll be fine.

Agreed

Nov 26, 2018, 10:31 AM

this line of thought is in line with what a vast majority of Clemson fans truly think. The ones who feel different are either too young to understand or blinded by the success and think that Clemson should never struggle.

Scar was able to scheme our alignment to where fast

Nov 26, 2018, 10:55 AM

wr was covered by a safety on lots of occasions. That seemed to get fixed as the game went on, as a 0 point 3rd quarter for scar would indicate. There were certainly some huge holes in the secondary in the 4th quarter, and our starting and #2s were on the field in the back end. Yes there were younguns up front so less pressure. But you have to give the scar o-line some credit. They kept the rush away from bentley most of the game and he had the time to slide around and for the deep stuff to work when they ran those plays. It was an interesting strategy, and should give our coaches something to think about. However, the result is still a win over the capons, 5 in a row, and a perfect regular season. Can't beat that!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic