Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pitt fan here
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Pitt fan here

Nov 17, 2018, 3:06 PM

I’ve been skimming these boards the past few years. You guys are passionate about your team and I love it, I’ve never had any ill will towards Clemson and have typically rooted for them for the sake of the ACC. I especially find your hatred towards another in-state team (which we have as well...) hilarious.

I’m sure you all want revenge for the scare (that didn’t really end up mattering) in 2016.

As you all know, the coastal was down this year and Clemson will be heavy favorites, as they should be. Just wanted to say I respect your program and all that Dabo has done and it’s an honor that Pitt gets to play Clemson again sooner than we all anticipated, even if it ends up being a one-sided affair as many Clemson games have been.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pitt fan here

Nov 17, 2018, 3:09 PM

Nicely said, your comments are welcome.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2018, 3:14 PM

Welcome.

I want revenge for 1977.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 17, 2018, 3:20 PM

Pitt in the late 70s/early 80s was pretty much like Clemson right now. Being a younger fan (born in ‘92) but well versed on how those years went... sucks to see this team hasn’t really been relevant on the national stage, the occasional upset aside, since.

Don’t take these years on top for granted. Not to say the same will happen to Clemson...

Message was edited by: H2P2K18

Nov 17, 2018, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Pitt fan here ]

Congrats on winning the Coastal. I’m a lifelong Steelers fan, but that doesn’t carryover to the Panthers, nothing personal. I’m also a big PIttsburgh fan in general because the entire free world owes PIttsburgh a debt of gratitude for their contributions from 67 years ago. Having said all that, Tigers will ask nor grant any quarter.

Oh.......yes, we hate coots.

Class post!

Nov 17, 2018, 3:24 PM

Maybe we can all get together at a tailgate and share our hatred of Notre Dame over some cold beer and ribs.

Re: Class post!

Nov 17, 2018, 3:55 PM

I didn’t make it down to Clemson in 2016 - but heard from numerous Pitt fans who did how classy and welcoming Clemson fans were.

Nov 17, 2018, 3:30 PM

Pitt is a scrappy team, and have definitely earned the opportunity to represent the coastal. We know Pitt won't be intimidated, and we know better than to take for granted that we're going to win the game. Thanks for the compliments to Tigernet, our HC, and our program.

Nov 17, 2018, 3:32 PM

As Dabo says, don't take the rat cheese... ??

Welcome!

Nov 17, 2018, 3:33 PM

Looking forward to seeing ya'll in a few weeks. Nice win today vs Wake!

Re: Pitt should bring back its old colors.

Nov 17, 2018, 3:34 PM

It was their brand.

We also have you to thank for kicking us into gear in 2016.

Nov 17, 2018, 3:34 PM

Really sprung our run to the natty. :p

Nov 17, 2018, 3:35 PM

Tip of the cap to you, sir.

we gonna hang 50 on you

Nov 17, 2018, 3:38 PM

payback

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: we gonna hang 50 on you

Nov 17, 2018, 3:54 PM

And that wouldn’t shock me. I will say Pitt’s D is better now than it was in 2016, but... that historically great offense in 2016 isn’t quite the same anymore. So if it gets out of hand - doubt Pitt is able to keep up.

Re: we gonna hang 50 on you

Nov 17, 2018, 4:05 PM

Happy to see Pitt win the division! Always enjoyed cheering for you guys since my father in law is a big WVU fan and he’s as anti-ACC as they come.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2018, 4:35 PM

Two things:
1. I was at that Gator Bowl, so a part of.me would have like revenge, however
2. I think it was Pitt who beat Penn State in 1981 to put us in the #1 spot, so I have had a soft spot in my heart for them since then.

Penn St routed Pitt...

Nov 17, 2018, 4:54 PM

to put Tigers #1. Tigers love Todd Blackledge who was QB...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2018, 4:42 PM

How well do you think Pitt fans will travel to Charlotte for this game?

If you lose to Miami, do you think that will affect how many fans come to Charlotte?

Nov 17, 2018, 5:03 PM

Congrats on winning your division.

It really didn’t matter who we played though, Clemson is on autopilot to the CFP.

Hope it’s a fun game with no injuries for either team!

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2018, 5:07 PM

Pittsburgh is not a team most Clemson fans hate. We hate NC State due to the stolen towels and trying to make social media's use of laptop an issue. We hated Louisville due to what a ###### Bobby Petrino was. We hate Florida State due to them being dominant over us for quite some time. We especially hate the bottle throwing, quarterback flopping dirt Chickens from Columbia. Starting to hate Bama due to their arrogant, cry baby fans. Even though we have a recent history of unexpected losses to Pitt and Syracuse, I for one like both teams. Syracuse has for 2 years straight been trouble for the Tigers, but still don't hate them, and really like their coach.

Wait!

Nov 17, 2018, 5:08 PM

Pitt has fans?

jk

Welcome to Tnet

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic