Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pitt beat writer: Only real fix is move out of ACC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Pitt beat writer: Only real fix is move out of ACC

Jan 31, 2018, 2:57 PM

http://pittsburghsportscastle.com/flavell-pitt-basketballs-problem-simple-without-fix/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

They can leave for the low, low price of

Jan 31, 2018, 3:06 PM

$30,000,000.00

Maybe we can get a gofundme set up for them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is a lot of truth in that article...it's hard to beat

Jan 31, 2018, 3:10 PM

the Brotherhood. With that being said, for the foreseeable future, I believe Brad has us poised to be consistently in the mid to upper standings of the ACC...with an occasional top 4 ranking. Instead of the 1-n-dones, BB will take transfers and combine them with solid recruiting classes, I can live with it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's pump the brakes a bit before saying "consistently"

Jan 31, 2018, 3:12 PM

It's taken a long time to get to this point. And while it's been a fun season to watch, I'll be cautiously optimistic about the potential of CBB replicating this success.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Let's pump the brakes a bit before saying "consistently"***

Jan 31, 2018, 3:16 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

OT .. that looks like a male coworker of mine ... well, at

Jan 31, 2018, 4:07 PM

least I think it is a male. 'Cause he walks like a penguin.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Seeing him do well has got to be killing you***

Jan 31, 2018, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Let's pump the brakes a bit before saying "consistently" ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's pump the brakes a bit before saying "consistently"

Jan 31, 2018, 7:00 PM [ in reply to Let's pump the brakes a bit before saying "consistently" ]

I think Brad can duplicate this season ...... Maybe not each and every year though! Our younger guys are darn good players that just are not getting much playing time because of close games and too many experienced players in front of them. There is no reason that players like Simms, Oliver, William, etc. can't become Granthams and DeVoes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It isn't just basketball. Pitt is pretty lousy at everything***

Jan 31, 2018, 4:04 PM [ in reply to There is a lot of truth in that article...it's hard to beat ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

'Cept for the shuffle/shovel/shuttle pass***

Jan 31, 2018, 4:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I wish they would leave, they don't belong in the ACC anyway

Jan 31, 2018, 3:11 PM

And they can take Cuse, BC and the halfarsed ND membership with them.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

"If you scared, say you scared!"

Jan 31, 2018, 3:18 PM

Bahaha, love it. Go join the B1G where you belong....they would be a top 10 hoops team and top 25 football team in no time

They been "Swofforized"***

Jan 31, 2018, 3:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They been "Swofforized"***

Jan 31, 2018, 4:08 PM

Didn't Maryland pay $50 mill??

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No...

Jan 31, 2018, 4:30 PM

The ACC and Maryland reached a negotiated settlement on the amount of the exit fee. The fee ended-up being $31.4M rather than $52.2M.

However, Maryland never actually paid a dime. The ACC simply kept $31.4M of Maryland's revenue sharing money the league was already holding.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Keeping 31+ million is paying.***

Jan 31, 2018, 5:02 PM

Re: Keeping 31+ million is paying.***

Feb 1, 2018, 11:25 AM

This! Just be thankful they had that much coming from the conference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No...

Jan 31, 2018, 5:02 PM [ in reply to No... ]

Send Boston College and Pitt to BiG X and give us Penn St. Then let them send Nebraska to the Big XII and give us WVU. We get way stronger in football and basketball.

I know, but it’s my pipe dream.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

talk about an itchy trigger finger......geez. Pitt is in

Jan 31, 2018, 5:26 PM

its 5th season of ACC basketball. They made the tournament in years 1 and 3 and the NIT in year 2. You're not going to win with 5 FR starting in the ACC, but you might want to see if they start turning the corner the next couple of years before you bail. Honestly if you are starting that many FR then you should have seen this year coming before now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pitt beat writer: Only real fix is move out of ACC

Jan 31, 2018, 6:50 PM

I don’t know why the writer was complaining about not being able to recruit as well as Duke and UNC. They play in the new york type of area they have to recruit against teams like Villanova, Syracuse, and Penn State. Just because they can’t recruit as well as UNC and Duke doesn’t mean they can’t be successful in the ACC. If they have a good fan base and head coach there is no ceiling on the amount of success pitt can have

Wow. Is that an actual sports journalist or some

Feb 1, 2018, 10:53 AM

local hack?

Leave the ACC? After five or so years? Admitting defeat against the conference because of one terrible season? Admitting defeat against Duke’s incoming class of one-and-doners?

Terrible.

And particularly funny as a Clemson fan. We’re founding members and we’ve never won the tournament and won the regular season once. But we compete.

I’m going to say that writer does not reflect the general view at Pitt.

null

Duke and Carolina, blue bloods of basketball for generations

Feb 1, 2018, 11:49 AM

And now you complain after being in league a few years ?? ????. Get out of here with that crap, surely Pitt realized the reality of situation they were coming into with ACC basketball. No sympathy, Pitt made their own bed so lay in it and if you can’t beat those teams then keep trying. Lord knows our beloved Tigers have struggled mightily throughout history in ACC basketball so pull up your big boy pants and keep trying your best and shut it with this complaining crap. Duke and Carolina will ALWAYS be really good because they get the best players so why complain. Sure they may get benefits if the doubt too many times, we all know this. Maybe it’s because they are still fairly new to ACC, they are not as aware of it until now LOL ?????

Clemson is competing well this year and there is that chance we break through this year and make some noise in both tournamens. I’m not looking past Wake Forest at this time and I’m sure neither is this team.

Seriously, they won the Big East twice in 31 years

Feb 1, 2018, 12:53 PM

They made the Elite 8 once while in the Big East.

This guy lives on another planet. The ACC isn’t the reason Pitt is 0-10 in the conference. Pitt is the reason. For goodness sake, literally 7 of the 15 basketball members are former Big East teams.

What a ridiculous opinion piece. “We are 0-10 in the ACC because Duke is really good and the kids that committed to them, though still in high school, are too good.”

In the past six years, here are the teams who have won the ACC:
Duke, once
UNC, once
Notre Dame, once
UVA, once
Miami, once
FSU, once

Man, what a whiny article.

null

Re: Duke and Carolina, blue bloods of basketball for generations

Feb 1, 2018, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Duke and Carolina, blue bloods of basketball for generations ]

That's exactly what I was thinking. Are you reading my mind?

Why on earth would the folks at Pitt allow Johnson

Feb 1, 2018, 1:47 PM

to transfer to UNC? That is my question. UNC is already getting the players Pitt can't out of high school, so why let UNC have Johnson, too?

But yeah, I believe Pitt thought they would use the "play in the ACC" card with their Top 10 - 15 ranked streak that they came into the league with and that would equal instant recruiting success. Personally, I don't see how they were not able to do so.

Re: Pitt beat writer: Only real fix is move out of ACC

Feb 2, 2018, 11:01 PM

So much for the writer's credibility. Doesn't know the difference between there and their.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Well, Bye

Feb 3, 2018, 8:06 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/reactiongifs/comments/1vvwec/in_regard_to_kanyes_threat_to_leave_the_united/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic