Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
H S Playoff AAAA on tv now
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 3,253

H S Playoff AAAA on tv now

Dec 7, 2018, 1:22 PM

Locally is WMYA Channel 40-1 Over the air...At this time 4 min left in 1st Q... Greer 0--Myrtle Beach 0...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: H S Playoff AAAA on tv now

Dec 7, 2018, 1:30 PM

How does the MB QB look? He's supposed to be pretty good. He comes from a Clemson family and from what I have heard, would have loved to come to Clemson. I understand Clemson not going after him, but I just hate to see the coots get a good QB that Clemson does not have room for.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2018, 1:53 PM

I am not much help in analyzing..Just came across the game and giving a heads up..Knotted at 7 with 4 left in 1st half..

The same way they get most of the talent on their team***

Dec 7, 2018, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Re: H S Playoff AAAA on tv now ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Isn't he going to play baseball at Clemson?***

Dec 7, 2018, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Re: H S Playoff AAAA on tv now ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he's not bad at all. pretty strong arm and has shown nice

Dec 7, 2018, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Re: H S Playoff AAAA on tv now ]

Accuracy more than a couple times.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2018, 4:24 PM [ in reply to Re: H S Playoff AAAA on tv now ]

Isn't it the backup that has a U5C commitment?

Dec 7, 2018, 4:26 PM

Serious comment by the way I think it's the backup or he was the backup.

Re: H S Playoff AAAA on tv now. NOT in Myrtle Beach***

Dec 7, 2018, 2:01 PM

This ongoing habit of playing the State Championship games

Dec 7, 2018, 2:39 PM

in Columbia year after year HAS GOT TO STOP.

When they changed it up several years ago and Clemson was permitted to host, you would have thought someone violated the mothers of the folks in Columbia and the members of the SC High School League based on the way they all reacted.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Phil Kornblut called Tommy Bowden a "coward" on-the-air

Dec 7, 2018, 3:34 PM

for having the temerity to suggest some of the state high school championships in DV.

A lot of Clemson fans don't grasp that having ALL the big HS football championships in Williams_Brice EVERY year amounts to an extra recruiting visit for the chickens and their staff and fans do not want that extra, potentially illegal, extra recruitment visit tampered with

The state championship games should be rotated amongst stadiums throughout the state on a regular basis.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Phil Kornblut called Tommy Bowden a "coward" on-the-air

Dec 7, 2018, 8:47 PM

If the high school championship games being in Columbia ends up being the difference in where a recruit goes then we probably weren’t getting that player to begin with. How much time would a South Carolina coach seriously get to visit with any of these players anyway?

They show up on a bus with their team, play in a game, and leave on a bus with their team. Is there like a South Carolina coach opening up a door as the team walks by and whispering “hey you come here for a minute?”

Re: This ongoing habit of playing the State Championship games

Dec 7, 2018, 3:51 PM [ in reply to This ongoing habit of playing the State Championship games ]

It's in the middle of the state. I don't really see many of these players getting offers from Clemson or SC.

Think how long of a trip it would be for the kids from myrtle beach to Clemson? Clemson is just not in a logistically convenient place to host this game.

Dec 7, 2018, 3:55 PM [ in reply to This ongoing habit of playing the State Championship games ]

Because it makes sense to play the state championships on the central part of the state.

But who has time for logic.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

That's a convenient excuse...

Dec 7, 2018, 4:03 PM

but at the end of the day, that's all it is...a lame a$$ excuse and a weak attempt by a bunch of self-serving dirt pecking #### lovers to rationalize and justify keeping the games at Williams Brice.

The games should be rotated to various venues around the state. I'm betting schools like Coastal, el Cid, Wofford, Furman, and SC State among others would appreciate the opportunity to host the championship games.

If it really is about convenience, then play all of the games over at Benedict College.

Re: That's a convenient excuse...

Dec 7, 2018, 5:39 PM

Yeah man let's ruin the experience for a bunch of 14-17 year old's so we can play politics of a college football allegiance.

That's exactly how adults should act.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for proving my point...

Dec 7, 2018, 6:24 PM

Keeping the games permanently at Williams Brice is nothing BUT politics.

I played for a football state championship in high school and I can tell you, we couldn't have cared any less where the game was played.

So to even remotely suggest that playing at Williams Brice is some kind of special treat or for the benefit of the kids is just more of the typical beak flapping chicken $#!7 we hear from you on a daily basis.

That would certainly explains why they repainted the field with all of that DirtPecker and SEC crap instead of with the SCHSL logo and name.

If it really is for the benefit of the kids to see what big time college football looks like, Columbia ain't the place where they're going to see it. Nothing u5c has compares to clemson and you clowns know it which is EXACTLY WHY you don't want the games moved.

Playing any high school game in an 80K stadium is

Dec 7, 2018, 8:53 PM

... ludicrous.

It makes the crowd look almost as bad as the SCAR vs Akron thing last week.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Playing any high school game in an 80K stadium is

Dec 7, 2018, 9:16 PM

Yeah it's too small of an event to really need that big of a stadium.

Play it at Benedict or one of the high school's, but it needs to be in Columbia.

Re: Thanks for proving my point...

Dec 7, 2018, 8:57 PM [ in reply to Thanks for proving my point... ]

Holy strawman argument.

Crickets...

Dec 7, 2018, 9:57 PM

which is exactly what I expected.

Re: Crickets...

Dec 7, 2018, 10:12 PM

I'm in my 30s now. It isn't even worth trying to process what you're trying to argue.

It just hurts my head to even try to imagine where you're coming from.

Congratulations on doubling your IQ***

Dec 8, 2018, 8:47 AM

Dec 7, 2018, 4:28 PM [ in reply to Re: This ongoing habit of playing the State Championship games ]

I agree kinda that it's smarter for having it in Columbia because 1 it'll be the only time any of these kids ever get to play under the lights of a power 5 school and it's a big deal for them to have earned that right. When Goose Creek played Greenwood in the state championship it was a 3 1/2 hour drive for Goose Creek and about a 30 minute drive for Greenwood giving them the advantage of it basically being a home game. So although it's fun for it to be at Clemson I can see why they have it at U5C.

Dec 7, 2018, 4:29 PM

1 hr 30 minute**

30 minutes from Greenwood to Clemson !?!?!?

Dec 7, 2018, 4:35 PM [ in reply to Re: This ongoing habit of playing the State Championship games ]

Not hardly !!!

More like an hour and twenty minutes.

HS players see that huge "1969 ACC CHAMPIONS" banner

Dec 7, 2018, 6:29 PM [ in reply to This ongoing habit of playing the State Championship games ]

and say "Wow, I wanna play HERE!"

NOT EXACTLY.

They actually say "That's pathetic. Why would I want to come here? This place would only be a last resort."

Dec 7, 2018, 3:47 PM

Wish Daniel had beaten Greer.

So does BV, I imagine.

Dec 7, 2018, 4:37 PM

Have Hunter talk to the MB HS QB.

Dec 7, 2018, 4:42 PM

Would like to see Greer's average number of wins over their history. They had very good teams in the mid 60s. Don't know when the school first opened.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Re: H S Playoff AAAAA on tv now

Dec 7, 2018, 8:19 PM

Zach Pickens pick 6 for T.L. Hannah.

Message was edited by: The Doorman®

Replies: 30
| visibility 3,253
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic