Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Petrino on beating Clemson, being better without Lamar
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Petrino on beating Clemson, being better without Lamar

Jul 19, 2018, 12:34 PM

Q. Your teams have moved the ball at every level of coaching, every place you've been, and yet I don't think we've ever seen the yards and points that we saw during the last couple of seasons. Walk us through what's your vision of the post-Lamar Jackson era? What's this offense going to look like this year?

BOBBY PETRINO: Yeah, I mean, I expect us to be better. I expect us to be more balanced, the ability to get more guys involved, particularly in the running game. I really like our receiving corps coming back. I really think it's one of the strongest corps coming back. I forgot Jaylen missed three games and still had that many catches and that many touchdowns, and Dez is a guy that can really go get the ball and adjust to the ball. Seth is a big, physical guy that really runs well after the catch.

Q. You mentioned getting over the hump and your desire to get over the hump. What does it take for your team personally to reach that level, and particularly to supplant the team has represented the Atlantic in the championship the last three years?

BOBBY PETRINO: Yeah, you just probably said it. You have to beat Clemson. There's no question about that. And obviously Florida State has been a really good team in our division. We've competed with Clemson three out of the four years. We were right there to win the game in the last play and weren't able to get it done. Last year they got the best of us. That's one of the things you have to do.

But then you have to be consistent throughout the year. You can't have a bad game. So our consistency and our performance has to improve so that you continue to get that opportunity to win the championship.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Better without LJ...this year?

Jul 19, 2018, 12:36 PM

Bobby went drinking with Papa John, I suspect!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, most programs get better when their

Jul 19, 2018, 12:38 PM

Heisman trophy winning QB moves on. I can see that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Makes me thankful we didn't have a Heisman winner.

Jul 19, 2018, 12:42 PM

#alwaysimproving

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

True, but then again we are about to have the first

Jul 19, 2018, 12:48 PM

4-time Heisman winner in the history of college football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

2-time could be highly possible....***

Jul 19, 2018, 2:50 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you think he enters the draft after his sophomore year?

Jul 19, 2018, 2:54 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: So you think he enters the draft after his sophomore year?

Jul 19, 2018, 3:07 PM

They may draft him before the first game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

4-time is highly more possibler***

Jul 19, 2018, 3:16 PM [ in reply to 2-time could be highly possible....*** ]

Re: Petrino on beating Clemson, being better without Lamar

Jul 19, 2018, 12:42 PM

Someone should have asked if he has been taking any motorcycle riding lessons since he moved back to Louisville.

This is what he will look like in the post game press conference this year

Jul 19, 2018, 12:44 PM

Minus the sugar bowl hat and the swine in the background of course.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Petrino on beating Clemson, being better without Lamar

Jul 19, 2018, 4:40 PM

Bobby Petrino pronounces the p in corps.

^ YeP, and so did Obamma when he was Prez!

Jul 19, 2018, 6:33 PM

I might have too but i was a Navy Corpsman & knew better!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic