Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Perspective on Clemson football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,564

Perspective on Clemson football

Apr 24, 2019, 2:06 PM

There are plenty of jealous rivals that would love to discredit Clemson’s accomplishments. One of them being the ever tiring excuse of conference affiliation. It’s just so easy in the ACC!! Lol
There’s something that stands out to me about Clemson’s accomplishments. Clemson has won 2 NC’s at one of the most difficult times imaginable. What do I mean?
It’s a very real fact that the current Alabama program under Nick Saban is the greatest dynasty in college football history. With the addition of scholarship limits,it’s more impressive,the accomplishments of Saban,than those of the Bear.
That being said...plenty of great teams have become a ‘never was’ because of the competition they played in championship games...
Same could’ve happened to Clemson...
In Dabo’s era it just happens you have to defeat Alabama in the championship games. Dabo could’ve felt like Jonah being sent to Nineveh!!
We fought and defeated Goliath!! We don’t need excuses. We didn’t fight Glass Joe or a French prize fighter. Our legacy is endowed not just with championships but as much with who we defeated!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Perspective on Clemson football

Apr 24, 2019, 2:18 PM

Alabama's 2018 team was, according to the pundits, the greatest college team of all team. I remember one of our local radio "experts" saying that Alabama was going to "blow out" Clemson. Score of the N.C. game: Clemson 44, Bama 16. Nuff said.

Apr 24, 2019, 2:20 PM

Agreed!

Apr 24, 2019, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Perspective on Clemson football ]

Out of all those know it alls that work at ESECPN there were only a few that picked Clemson to win, and the reason the rest picked Bama, it was bc that was the best Bama team that Saban has ever had at Bama. Dabo and our Tigers made them look no different than Pitt or GT. Admit or not, Clemson must have looked to be the best college team they had ever seen. But before they would give that to Clemson, they made excuse after excuse why Bama lost that game. The one excuse that they made was an injury to, (can't think of the guys name) but not one mention of Dexter Lawrence being absent from the game. There was no injury reports of players out before the game. And I'm sure we had just as many players beaten/battered/bruised/ and bleeding as Bama did after the game!!!

But you know, they don't have to give nothing to Dabo but, they will have to accept what Dabo leaves behind whether they want to accept it or not bc, all the facts are on the game film, and no excuses can erase or cover it up. Dabo and our Tigers soundly beat the crap out of the best ever Bama team as they said, and the stats and game film proves that Clemson beat them down without any doubts!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2019, 2:22 PM

We played 3 SEC teams last year and whipped two out of three---TAMU on the road is a tough out.

Meanwhile, the school of Columbia's fighting chickens were curb stomped by a 4th place ACC team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Apr 24, 2019, 2:27 PM

Can’t argue that!

Apr 24, 2019, 3:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Perspective on Clemson football ]

What are you talking about, Clemson beat every team we played last year, ( 15-0, 9-0 ACC) every team, SEC and any others!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You related to Chaka?

Apr 24, 2019, 2:57 PM

:)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,564
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic