Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Perspective... it DOES matter how you look at it.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1,076

Perspective... it DOES matter how you look at it.

Nov 25, 2018, 9:44 PM

12-0: Check
Coachable Players: Check
Situations Caught On Film To Correct: Check
Coaches With Pride In Their Product: Check

I gotta admit, I didn't expect to have 5 touchdowns scored against our beloved Tigers, but it happened and they still won.
uscJr. brought out all sorts of offensive looks that gave Tiger D fits but those guys held on and got it done.
Think about this: Bentley played at the absolute top of his game - he'll never do better - ever. Samuel found some openings and made some plays - he's good and made the Tigers pay several times.

What if....
What if TM19 actually gets the pick on the 3rd down TD throw to Pollard in the 2nd qtr? He was close! He just bet the farm and missed.
What if AR3's bogus PI call was magically overturned (not called) and the Tigers get 7 with a minute left in ther half rather than a missed field goal?

Either one of those plays happening and I'll contend that this game would have been a huge defensive success as well, but maybe it's good to have something to build on to keep the guys sharp and hungry.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Perspective... it DOES matter how you look at it.

Nov 25, 2018, 10:00 PM

Your perspective on the game is very good. A lot of things could have happened that would make it a different game but the outcome would be the same. Clemson is just better!

I would never be a good coach because I would never defer to the second half if I had an offense as the Tigers has this season. Would it have made a difference in the game IF the Tigers had put the offense out first? Clemson scored on its first four possessions in record time. I would rather see the opponent get behind quickly to see how they handle the pressure. Of course you can say the same about the Tiger defense. USCjr. Had a plan from the beginning and it worked to perfection giving them a lot of confidence. That’s why college football is so much fun. The what if’s always show up! One thing for sure. The good guys are going to have a chance to win 14 or 15 games this year. I feel good about that because I became a fan in 1959 and lived through those lean years and now I get to support one of America’s very best teams. Ain’t life great?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1,076
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic