Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
When its hard to understand....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 767

When its hard to understand....

Apr 16, 2019, 1:43 PM

My Pastor's (lady) husband died in his sleep last night. He was young like many of us, early 40's and he himself is a Pastor at a local church. His death leaves behind two kids as well.

No matter how he died, he is a pastor who died during Holy Week and I know he isn't the first, nor will he be the last, but it makes it hard to understand God and his reasoning for taking those close to us.

Just spent time with him at the Easter Party and our kids played together. Its just hard to understand. Just as losing both my parents this last year....it all just makes you really think hard about your faith and the faith you have to put into God and Jesus Christ. That man sure was doing more good than I in this life, but I so far am spared. Makes no sense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When its hard to understand....

Apr 16, 2019, 2:00 PM

Makes no sense.

Yep, that's religion for ya.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2019, 2:18 PM

I've tried to wrap my head around these same concepts with the loss of two people close to me over the past four years. Both were too young and far better people than I'll ever be. Sorry to hear it. I too struggle to find good answers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend Tigermanac

Apr 16, 2019, 2:23 PM

It sounds like he was a great man.

I have had losses in my life and it's always very difficult. I try not to look at like God took them but rather their death was just a natural part of life. Ecclesiastes 9:11 says that "chance" happens to us all.

11"I have seen something else under the sun:

The race is not to the swift

or the battle to the strong,

nor does food come to the wise

or wealth to the brilliant

or favor to the learned;

but time and chance happen to them all."

I will pray for you and your friends family.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As cold as it sounds, it could be that there is no God

Apr 16, 2019, 3:37 PM

and that there is no tangible reasoning for anything that happens to you, regardless of your piety.

Which is even more reason to cherish the time you have - because it can be taken away without any sense of fairness or guarantee of life after death.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perhaps, but it would take a pessimistic SOB

Apr 17, 2019, 12:05 AM

To choose that side of a fairly balanced probability equation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or it would take someone who thinks it's laughably imbalanced

Apr 22, 2019, 1:38 PM

I believe in God but also believe life is a crap shoot and

Apr 16, 2019, 6:23 PM

God had nothing to do with his death.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If God is truly omnipotent, there is no way that can be true

Apr 22, 2019, 2:19 PM

If he's causing the good, he's doing the bad, too.

I see it after every tragedy--someone thanking God nothing else happened that was worse. Wait a second...didn't God just cause your house to get blown away by a hurricane? And now you're thanking him cause it wasn't worse?

wut?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2019, 7:36 PM

I am losing both my parents soon, my dad will likely check out this year and I had to move my mom down here and pay someone to provide home care. Lately she has taken to the bottle in a bad way and I think she is trying to check out herself. This will not be pretty

But I have no answers and as much as I would like to believe that there is something else, what you do on this planet is all that matters and the rest fairy tales are for explaining tough lessons to the children.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2019, 5:35 AM

Yeah it's scary. My Dad died of cancer. My Mom is 74, but it can be scary imagining them gone and just the last years. Next year I think I am just going to get my Mom to move in my place to keep an eye on her. Last year she tripped on a curb stop carrying groceries, cracked her head open, and knocked herself out. Got to keep an eye on her.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Apr 23, 2019, 11:51 AM

I don't see why people choose to believe in a God that "takes people" like it's a conscious decision. It's such an unnecessarily painful way to look at it.

Life is a gift. The greatest imaginable gift. The alternative is nothing. We interpret things as "good" and "bad" but there are just things.

There lived an old farmer who had worked in his fields for many, many years. One day, his horse bolted away. His neighbors dropped in to commiserate with him. “What awful luck,” they tut-tutted sympathetically, to which the farmer only replied, “We’ll see.”

Next morning, to everyone’s surprise, the horse returned, bringing with it three other wild horses. “How amazing is that!” they exclaimed in excitement. The old man replied, “We’ll see.”

A day later, the farmer’s son tried to mount one of the wild horses. He was thrown on the ground and broke his leg. Once more, the neighbors came by to express their sympathies for this stroke of bad luck. “We’ll see,” said the farmer politely.

The next day, the village had some visitors – military officers who had come with the purpose of drafting young men into the army. They passed over the farmer’s son, thanks to his broken leg. The neighbors patted the farmer on his back – how lucky he was to not have his son join the army! “We’ll see”

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 767
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic