Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Perception? Bias? Or Both?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Perception? Bias? Or Both?

Oct 30, 2018, 9:05 PM

The national media is always proclaiming the $EC as the premier conference and ranks several of their teams at the top. Seldom do the $EC teams play a high ranking non SEC team during the regular season so how can one compare their true strength versus other conferences? Now, if the ACC and other conferences did not play out of conference high ranking teams how would we know if they were truly better or worse than other conferences?

If all ACC teams played all "cupcakes" as our out-of-conference opponents then we could rightfully say "we beat up each other within the conference" so, we must have a strong conference, just like the $EC proclaims to all the world.

And Florida, (my first degree) ranked way up there. BC, NC State, Virginia and Syracuse (and maybe, Pittsburgh) would defeat the Gators.

When we defeated Alabama for the national championship, was it not said that Alabama was the best football team ever assembled?

PERCEPTION ???? BIAS ????? OR BOTH ???????

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What are the odds...

Oct 30, 2018, 9:14 PM

Alabama is the first undefeated team.
LSU is the first one loss team.
Florida is the first two loss team.
Mississippi State is the first three loss team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What are the odds...

Oct 31, 2018, 12:20 AM

Brevity is the soul of wit. Well done

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What are the odds...

Oct 31, 2018, 9:35 AM [ in reply to What are the odds... ]

Had not noticed that!
That says it all!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

neither???

Oct 30, 2018, 9:22 PM

they all get their shot during the bowl games. unfortunately the ACC and the rest lay the egg every year when matched up against the SEC teams in their bowl game. Thats what leads to the so called "perception/bias" it happens every year. teams get their shot at an sec team and blow it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Every year." Wasn't the ACC like 8-1 in bowls two years ago

Oct 30, 2018, 9:55 PM

selective memory is also part of the bias.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Perception? Bias? Or Both?

Oct 30, 2018, 9:50 PM

Virginia Tech losing to ODU really hurt the perception of the ACC as a whole.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To answer this question we must compare envelopes:

Oct 30, 2018, 10:51 PM

If there is more money in the perception envelope then the answer is perception.

More money in the bias envelope, the answer is bias.

If both envelopes contain the same amount of money then your answer is both...

Notice the SEC stamp on every bill in the envelopes?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Re: To answer this question we must compare envelopes:

Oct 31, 2018, 7:58 AM

Up until last year the ACC bested the SEC in head to head games for about 3 years, especially on rivalry weekend and I believe had a better bowl record.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Perception? Bias? Or Both?

Oct 31, 2018, 9:07 AM

I answered this yesterday and I'll answer it again. Between 2010 and 2017, UGA has played 5 regular season out of conference games against ranked teams. LSU has played 4 and Bama 6. For comparison, Clemson has played 7. While Clemson has played more those numbers hardly suggests the SEC never plays those kinds of games.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Careful....we play a cupcake from the SEC every November.***

Oct 31, 2018, 9:19 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic