Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why do so many of you care that some idiot criticized our schedule?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Why do so many of you care that some idiot criticized our schedule?

Apr 20, 2019, 12:07 AM

We are national champions. We’ve won 2 of the last 3 titles, and beat the absolute crap out of just about everyone last year.

Who cares what anyone thinks about our schedule? Especially some loser columnist who is just trying to generate clicks, retweets, and mentions.

Let it go, and if you can’t, say nothing while you point to the scoreboard.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Why do so many of you care that some idiot criticized our schedule?

Apr 20, 2019, 12:12 AM

Ditto. +1!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2019, 12:40 AM

exactly the same way I feel,preach on Judge Keller

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2019, 12:52 AM

100% correct

Apr 20, 2019, 1:16 AM

And Amen!

This is by far my favorite Judge Keller post!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2019, 3:12 AM

Agree - Judge!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

doesnt bother me in the least. Big deal

Apr 20, 2019, 3:42 AM

When you're as successful as our teams have recently been I always expect idiots to show their envy any way possible. We're national champs. That's what they despise. Not our schedule.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2019, 6:59 AM

I had to give a thumbs up to everyone who posted above! Thanks Judge, and all of you. I, too, don’t know why anyone feels the need to get mad at the moron who said that, or the coots who seem to think it somehow makes them a better team. Let it go - Our team does their talking on the field, where it counts.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2019, 7:49 AM

Because it’s the off-season and Tiger Nation need something to attack - criticize. They poor writer is as good a target as any. Weird thing is he likely wrote the article in a way to tick off as many fans as possible trying to jump start his career. Tiger fans are simply giving him exactly what he wants

Cause Bama's schedule isn't that much better if at all

Apr 20, 2019, 7:54 AM

and it isn't discussed ad nauseam

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excellent and indisputable point. Plus its a reason message boards exist

Apr 20, 2019, 10:01 AM

That is, to have fun poking holes in said idiot's idiotic statements.

Apr 20, 2019, 7:55 AM

Exactly right. We have to play our schedule. As far as being weak, we beat the crap out of 2 of the top 4, so that should shut up the sec idiots.
Also, the sec sucked last year other than Georgia and the fighting Saban’s. The ACC will be improved this year.

Re: the SEC sucked last year--really?

Apr 20, 2019, 3:39 PM

Basically, the SEC was highly regarded all season. There was no reason to consider them overrated until bowl season exposed them.
SEC teams won more games last season than any conference in FBS history. They averaged 7 wins. Mathematically, it's pretty simple: each team averaged a 4-4 record in conference, and averaged 3-1 OOC.

Were they visibly much better than any conference in history? Analysts say so, but IMO the answer is Yes. And no. The secret is in the scheduling.

The SEC went 40-2 in games vs. FCS and Group of 5 schools (both losses were by the hapless Razorbacks). They 'only' went 9-4 in OOC games vs Power 5 schools (inc Notre Dame). That's pretty stout, esp. when 2 of the losses were to the eventual national champion. They won more OOC games vs Power 5 schools (4) the first weekend than the entire ACC did ALL SEASON (3)--again, 2 of those wins were by Clemson.

Compare that to the ACC, who went 31-4 with 3 cancelled games (and 2 of the cancelled games were expected to be losses) vs FCS and Group of 5. Those losses were also very visible. Pitt got blown out three times OOC, yet won the Coastal Division. VT is supposed to be a conference leader with a hot coach, but they lost to ODU who played with a backup QB. Including the conference's 5 losses to ND, the ACC collectively went 3-14 against Power 5 schools.

Duke's win over Northwestern is the ONLY conference victory over a Power 5 other than Clemson's.

I am not an SEC apologist, but these numbers are undeniable. The SEC wins. The SEC schedules cupcakes, and then wins. Even against Power 5 schools, they rarely play true road games. But they win. So long as the players 'want to be there', and don't sit out the games. They win.

Except against Clemson. Then they lose.

Apr 20, 2019, 7:59 AM

Exactly 100%. And more importantly why is it being posted on tnet as an article?

I judge you to be cowrecked!***

Apr 20, 2019, 8:06 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2019, 8:33 AM

Yes. That article has really continued to be given life on this bored. Who cares?

Apr 20, 2019, 8:38 AM

The story is interesting in the same way that we like to read really bad history essays, such as "Nero tortured his subjects by playing the fiddle for them." We know there are some facts in there, but the writer draws some really distorted conclusions.

Exactly. And beating down those types of

Apr 20, 2019, 10:04 AM

ridiculous conclusions is one of the key reasons message boards exist.

People who pump that superior conference crap after watching their “BEST TEAM OF ALL TIME!!!...”

Apr 20, 2019, 8:46 AM

Lose by 28 in the most games important game of the year need to re-evaluate reality and their deteriorating mental capacities.

~JKB

As far as I'm concerned, they can all kiss my a$$...

Apr 20, 2019, 8:47 AM

especially those mouthy, deluded and ignorant u of 5c fans.

They've enjoyed the benefit of playing $-EZ bottom feeders Vandy, Ole Pi$$, Nissouri, Mississippi State, Arky, Tennessee and FLorida for the last several years and now that they finally have to start playing more than one conference opponent with an actual pulse, they whine, cry, b!tch and moan like a bunch of prepubescent little girls.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

There really is a big plus

Apr 20, 2019, 9:02 AM

For the other conference teams to win as many games as possible outside the conference. It is very,very difficult for me to pull for the tar holes but it helps when they win a big game. I can’t believe I said that!!!!!!

Re: There really is a big plus

Apr 20, 2019, 3:44 PM

Tar holes haven't won a big game for a looooooong time.

Because we are the most sensitive fan base on the planet

Apr 20, 2019, 9:37 AM

Just win and you’re in

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really???

Apr 20, 2019, 10:06 AM

Would love to see the data backing that statement ??

Why do you care if people care?

Apr 20, 2019, 9:57 AM

And you know what? People will continue to care and reply and no wordsmithed post will ever change that. This is kinda like a death and taxes things. No sense griping when you cant change it. There are numerous parallels here, that I won't mention, but fighting against that cant be changed is and will always a fruitless endeavor.

Take care.

Why do you care if I care if people care?***

Apr 20, 2019, 3:35 PM

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Because Im trying to help you.***

Apr 21, 2019, 12:11 AM

Apr 20, 2019, 11:12 AM

Exactly. I don't care what anyone says. I actually don't even pay attention. The end result is all that matters.

It matters, in the same vein that the mythical "Eye Test"

Apr 20, 2019, 12:29 PM

figures in on who gets into and who gets left out of the playoffs. A 12-1 ACC Champ with a perceived "strong" schedule should have no problem getting into the CFP. But, the same record with a perceived "weak" schedule could get that same team left out. That is the only reason it is important to fight that line of drivel early, before it becomes a season long narrative. (Sadly, it may already be too late to stop that from happening, unless the ACC rises up on the field this season and outperforms all expectations.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We don't usually agree on much, but on this we do +1.

Apr 20, 2019, 3:43 PM

Couldn't say it any better.

Apr 20, 2019, 4:01 PM

Isn't this somewhat akin to --- "Why do so many of you care that some idiot criticizes your opinion"?

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2019, 4:11 PM

Personally Judge I don't care. We play who ever we are scheduled to play, and we don't have any say in who our conference schedules us play. Dabo will pick a hard Out of conference team to play about every season, and it's usually a TOP SEC team, and it's mostly the sec fans that does the complaining about our schedule. In reality though, when the sec west teams play a sec east team, and playing an east team is really no different than playing our ACC schedule bc, playing against the sec east is like playing our ACC schedule. Those sec fans that complain about our schedule, they make it to easy for our fans to throw the barbs back at them bc they can't beat us, and I enjoy throwing a few barbs back at them!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2019, 6:45 PM

That was the only way he could get on Finebaum's show.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic