Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Passing chart:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Passing chart:

Sep 30, 2019, 7:59 AM

I rewatched the game after returning from Chapel Hill yesterday. I wanted to chart where we are throwing the ball. I only counted three balls thrown between the numbers across the line of scrimmage. Only one ball ( to Chalk) down the middle between the hashes. I'm not trying to coach the team but we are eliminating a third of the field ourselves.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thats what Deshaun was so good at...when we would get a

Sep 30, 2019, 8:16 AM

setback like a false start penalty and we're sitting at 3rd and 12 on the our 15 he would then throw a ### 30 yard dart over the middle to mike williams to get a demoralizing first down. And it was always that crossing route over the middle.

This isn't exactly a new phenomonon though

Sep 30, 2019, 8:37 AM

Our offensive philosophy does not involve using the middle of the field much. Even if you look back at the CFP games last year against ND and Bama, our passing attack wasn't better because we attacked them differently, it was better because we were hitting the deep throws to the boundaries.

We really need to get the ground game going, and if our OL doesn't allow us to do that, the staff needs to figure out a different way to attack with the short passing game. Since the GT game everyone has been able to take away Etienne far too easily and i think that's allowed them to keep safeties back to help against our vertical passing attack.

Etienne from week 2 on:

A&M - 16 carries for 53 yards - 3.3 ypc
Cuse - 14 for 76 - 5.4 ypc
Charlotte - 11 for 61 - 5.5 ypc
UNC - 14 for 67 - 4.8 ypc

Total - 55 for 257 - 4.7 ypc

For whatever reason our OL is just struggling this year. It was easy to assume that with the pieces coming back this group would pick up where they left off last year, but that just hasn't been the case. Etienne has had very little room to run.

Re: Passing chart:

Sep 30, 2019, 8:43 AM

We are NOT attacking MOF right now and opponents are figuring that out. I think some of that has to do with personnel issues (Rodgers just getting back, we dearly miss Galloway at TE). But something has to change.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: Passing chart:

Sep 30, 2019, 9:04 AM

Yeah it was pretty nice for their D.

I agree with this ... maybe the staff is just baiting Bama

Sep 30, 2019, 9:21 AM

I hope this is the case.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coaches in love with TL's arm strength, it still is strong

Sep 30, 2019, 9:42 AM

down the middle of the field.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic