Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson hosts No. 16 FSU in key conference clash
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson hosts No. 16 FSU in key conference clash

Feb 18, 2019, 4:18 PM

Clemson hosts No. 16 FSU in key conference clash

Clemson (15-10, 5-7 ACC) welcomes No. 16 Florida State (20-5, 8-4) for a 9 p.m. tip Tuesday with hopes of splitting the season series and gaining a big win for Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson hosts No. 16 FSU in key conference clash

Feb 19, 2019, 6:29 AM

9:00pm start on a Tuesday.......I guess tv controls everything. Don't expect fans with kids to attend. Don't expect fans from other parts of the state to attend. Don't expect students with early classes to attend. I guess the locals will have their choice of good seats. Just have to hope that the players can generate their own home court advantage.

Feb 19, 2019, 6:33 AM

Win this one and we still have life
Lose and it’s all she wrote

This game tonight tells you all you need to know about

Feb 19, 2019, 7:41 AM

a possible tourney this year. We are now on last ditch effort protocol. I think we'll pull it out. I think we win this one and one more that you wouldn't expect.

Re: This game tonight tells you all you need to know about

Feb 19, 2019, 12:36 PM

Those two controlled away Ls will not define this team. I been getting the feeling that we not only pull this one out but go on another winning streak that includes the Tarholes, too. Then onto the ACC Tournament; fueled by those 1 point setup Ls, that had all the negative chatter swirling.

I'd be ticked as heck if I was on this team. These guys keep battling for a reason and it isn't spelled N-I-T.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Grit. Let's go!!***

Feb 19, 2019, 12:49 PM [ in reply to This game tonight tells you all you need to know about ]

Defeat, is NOT an option !

Feb 19, 2019, 12:46 PM

I don't want no excuses. You put the stupid ball in the darn basket and you stop the other team from putting the ball in the basket. And for gosh sakes, crispy passes and no hacks out of frustration. Lastly, drive to the stupid basket, none of this hot potato junka round the key ... you drive, you get put the ball in the basket. You drive, they collapse on you, you kick out to the open man. FOLLOW THE SHOT ! How come no one follows their shot anymore. Once in a while when someone does that its "oh what a brilliant play !" C'mon that's Rec League fundamentals ... chit, I should coach this team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2019, 1:00 PM

Sooo next year we will return Simms as a starter and Trapp as the only other guy who has played any real minutes.

Brad has been at Clemson for 10 years and in his 10th year he has built the depth of returning 2 players...

Hope we win tonight, next year is going to get ugly without some JUCO transfers

Not sure how a post about tonight's big game

Feb 19, 2019, 1:11 PM

turned into your complaining about Brownell and next year's team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

We are crabby and bitter ...***

Feb 19, 2019, 3:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not sure how a post about tonight's big game

Feb 19, 2019, 3:43 PM [ in reply to Not sure how a post about tonight's big game ]

Well I know this may be too much for your simple mind to handle but I am a person who likes to look past the present much like our beloved football coach did 10 years ago (see the trend with 10 years and progress). Also, where in my post was there a complaint. I'd say it was more stating the obvious. We are banking on a big win tonight to even stay tournament worthy with a team that returned 4 starters...

Judge Kelly = Brad's burner account. Calm down Bradley.

That’s great! Then I know you don’t subscribe to the overly simplistic statements

Feb 19, 2019, 7:26 PM

criticizing our team and coaches for being bad, and blaming them for all of our problems. I’ll assume that you are able to look at the bigger picture and see that Clemson’s basketball struggles are not simply needing a better coach, but needing better support from the administration and fans.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Chicken..Egg***

Feb 19, 2019, 7:47 PM

Over 100 years of basketball mediocrity suggests an institutional problem.

Feb 19, 2019, 7:51 PM

And in our case, the problem is clearly that we don’t make basketball enough of a priority. Keep blaming the coach, whomever he is. Criticize him if he doesn’t win enough, or if he leaves on bad terms. But don’t blame Clemson, because we couldn’t be the problem.

Can you please describe how, today, our administration

Feb 19, 2019, 7:59 PM

is keeping us from winning enough basketball games. I'm not interested in the last 100 year study, just today.

By the way

Feb 19, 2019, 7:49 PM [ in reply to That’s great! Then I know you don’t subscribe to the overly simplistic statements ]

How is our administration not supporting basketball?

Well, as I’ve said, the last few years have been much better.

Feb 19, 2019, 8:02 PM

Since getting the new facilities (which we can largely thank Browbell for, since he met with donors himself to raise the necessary funds) Radakovich agreed to give a couple of Brownell’s assistants raises and also approved a couple of support staff positions. Brad had been asking for all of this for years, but didn’t get it until their meeting in 2017.

That meeting occurred after our 2017 season ended in disappointment with the NIT loss to Oakland. That meeting was very productive, as Brownell agreed to an extension but also a reduction in his buyout (good for Clemson) and Radakovich agreed to giving Brad some of the program improvements he should’ve gotten years before.

For these reasons, I largely look at this being year two or three of the Brownell regime.

There is still more the administration can do to support basketball. We need more staff to improve the recruiting process, including more staff to help evaluate tape and also to assist with recruiting trips and official visits. Social media staff is much better than it used to be, but something closer to what the football program has would be ideal.

I'll go with some of that.

Feb 19, 2019, 8:15 PM

Namely, "We need more staff to improve the recruiting process, including more staff to help evaluate tape and also to assist with recruiting trips and official visits. Social media staff is much better than it used to be, but something closer to what the football program has would be ideal."

But that doesn't excuse losses.

Re: That’s great! Then I know you don’t subscribe to the overly simplistic statements

Feb 19, 2019, 10:12 PM [ in reply to That’s great! Then I know you don’t subscribe to the overly simplistic statements ]

The only way you get support from the fans is play a brand of basketball that is exciting and knowing the type of players you have. No fan likes a team that scores in the mid 50s and plays mediocre defense. Purnell knew this and knew he had mediocre players that could hang with teams by playing street ball and running. Brownell runs an offense that is made more for the caliber players that Duke has not Clemson. To your point, Brownell is a good basketball coach but not the right fit for Clemson right now. We need a Shaka Smart (Coached under Purnell...not a coincidence)or just a coach who is in touch with reality. Brownell is the definition of insane, he continually does the same thing over and over that doesn't work expecting it to somehow just magically start working.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic