Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our great football staff. We cannot expect to keep all of
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,273

Our great football staff. We cannot expect to keep all of

Aug 6, 2019, 6:02 PM

them forever. I’m sure most of them have a desire to be a head coach some day. That being said, who do you think will be the first to go? I say Tony Elliot first, then Jeff Scott. I cannot blame either if they get a great offer. I think their problem is that they want to go to a Div. 1 school and most of the “big” programs always look for head coaching experience.

To counteract this, pay me $1mm a year to live in Clemson, SC and not have head coaching responsibilities then it better be a great offer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it is Jeff Scott but no reason for that feeling..nm

Aug 6, 2019, 7:46 PM

nm

Re: Our great football staff. We cannot expect to keep all of

Aug 6, 2019, 7:55 PM

Some of our coaches are already getting attractive offers, but I don't think we need to speculate quite yet on who may leave us or when. Elliott, Scott and Streeter are coaching at their alma mater and have young kids they want to raise in a healthy environment. Venables has his own sons playing for/committed to the Tigers. Mickey Conn's nephew was our game-saving backup QB when Trevor went down. And I believe all of our coaches enjoy their work environment. So yes, we should continue to keep their salary packages in the upper levels, but there are other factors besides money keeping our staff together. Let's just focus on enjoying the present - What a time to be a Tiger!!

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,273
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic