Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our 3 guys may miss the game, but unlike Deebo Samuels,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,303

Our 3 guys may miss the game, but unlike Deebo Samuels,

Dec 26, 2018, 5:06 PM

its not because they're "too chicken" to play.....:~)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our 3 guys may miss the game, but unlike Deebo Samuels,

Dec 26, 2018, 5:25 PM

I greatly dislike the coots as much or more than any human but, if you were Deebo Samuels, would you risk injury to play in a bowl game with your team that barely got into a bowl game, and you're about to show case your talent for NFL teams. There is no way in #### or high water would I even come close to thinking about playing in that bowl game with all I would be risking for an absolutely meaningless bowl game. Deebo is smarter than I gave him credit for!!! He is doing the best thing for him over a losing team that he happen to play for, and without him, they wouldn't even be in a bowl game. He did his part!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2018, 5:34 PM

Glad that guys who go into the military don’t think the way Deebo does. If they did, we’d have no military. Everyone would be looking out for their own little selves with no thought about others.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2018, 5:42 PM

I really don't get this comparison at all. There's many awesome people in the military who do amazing things. However, the military has its share of people who try and get kicked out when they realize it isn't for them, and it has its share of people who can't follow rules. There's also people who serve in the military until retirement, and those who are ready to get out after serving the 4 years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Outside of the CFP, bowl

Dec 26, 2018, 5:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Our 3 guys may miss the game, but unlike Deebo Samuels, ]

Games emphasis has shifted to focus on extra practices and playing time for the following season's roster. Coupled with the red shirt rule change, players get 'live fire' without burning eligibility. In many respects, bowl season is the first game of the next year, outside the CFP.

Deebo got the Scoks to a bowl game...one they wouldn't be in if not for his contribution. He paid his dues time and again.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2018, 4:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Our 3 guys may miss the game, but unlike Deebo Samuels, ]

I think I would. This game they play is a TEAM sport. These guys have practiced together, played and won and loss games together. Any alcolades this kid has earned he earned it with his team helping him and vica versa he helped them. They are brother and brother stick together.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

yes, I would play. Most would and do play their last game.***

Dec 27, 2018, 5:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Our 3 guys may miss the game, but unlike Deebo Samuels, ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2018, 5:32 PM

You honestly think Deebo would be sitting out if they were in the CFP?(funny I know)

You honestly think none of our players on this team or any future team would consider sitting out a bowl game between two 7-5 teams?

Dec 27, 2018, 1:10 AM

If not part of the playoffs...Bowl games are a reward for the players...not for the school or team. I do not blame marquee players for not risking injury and loss of NFL draft stock on a fairly meaningless bowl game. Every game is a real risk of a torn ACL or such that could cost Deebo millions of dollars, just to play in a meaningless game. If I were in his position...no way would I play either. From a risk/reward analysis point of view, it is the smart decision. The risk of playing far outweighs the reward of participating. If the schools or NCAA do not like it, then pay these kids to increase the rewards. That might convince at least some of the star players on the team. I, for one, would not be upset if a Clemson player chose to sit out their bowl game, if they were not in the playoffs.

Dec 27, 2018, 5:29 AM

Deebo has had a RS and medical RS already. He has been hurt 2 out 4yrs he tried to play. He really has paid his dues with being there for 5yrs, injured multiple times and is ranked as high as he ever will based on the team he plays for. There is not a single reason why he should risk another injury for a team that is barely .500 and has only beat 2 P5 teams with a winning record in 2yrs. He doesn't owe USC anything.

Now let's say they were 10-2 and going to a NY6 bowl. It would be pretty disappointing if he didn't play like Grier from WVU. Quality bowl win earns respect for school and players. Then obviously step it up to playoffs and I doubt you see players sit.

That said, I think you will see the number of bowls decline as more players sit out of low end bowls. I think low-end bowls should buy insurance policies for all players that are draft elligible. As players continue to reject playing lower Bowls, TV and stadium viewers will decline dramatically, therefore reducing revenue therefore decreasing renewals of bowls and decreasing NCAA revenue's. Insure the players, create a better product, increase revenue's. But I am in the arena of too many #### bowls, it used to be a privilege to make a bowl, now if you can pee further than another 5-7 team then you get invited as a very non-deserving team.

Some of these guys skipping bowl games are soft

Dec 27, 2018, 7:16 AM

But I think Deebo has proven he’s a pretty tough dude. I get it’s fun to pile on the coots but I don’t blame Deebo at all for skipping a bowl nobody cares about. He’s sacrificed his body a bunch for that team, now it’s his time to focus on his future.

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,303
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic