Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our 2019 OL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Our 2019 OL

Mar 3, 2019, 4:48 PM

For many years we had questions about our OL and a lot of discussions about our perceived lack of recruiting top OL talent. The 2018 season OL appeared to me to progress as the season went along and their handling of the Notre Dame and Alabama DL in the final four was a thing of beauty. Looking at the potential top five for the 2019 season appears to me to be one of the best we have had in years. Not only is there talent with experience, there is some size that can provide our QB just an extra second to find a target. Being able to provide a pocket when there is an outside rush is always a plus.

How about this fivesome --Pollard --6' 5", 315#; Anchrum -- 6' 2", 310#; Simpson -- 6' 4", 330#; Carman - - 6' 5", 345# and Cervenka -- 6' 3", 325#. That averages out to a hefty 325#. And we have talent and size at backups that will see plenty of playing time. This should be an exciting season because the potential is there for new offensive records all across the board.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our 2019 OL

Mar 3, 2019, 4:58 PM

There will not be much of a drop off if any with this group that you mentioned. That left tackle spot is always a key position to fill and I think we have that solved. My only concern is replacing Williams if he chooses to enter the military. He does a great job in pass protection that goes unnoticed by some. His return to the lineup this year after missing 2017 was a key to our success and he certainly made the QBs job a little easier. I’m sure TLaw would like to see him back.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2019, 7:54 PM

THIS

Mar 3, 2019, 9:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Our 2019 OL ]

What a absolutely great time to be a clemson tiger fan. I remember bout 6-8 years ago and during the Bowden era, we were lucky to have one olinemen over 300. We have had excellent skill players for a long time and even more since CJ came to clemson and started the movement but never had the hogs upfront to win the big ones. Now like stated we are averaging 325 on the Oline now. since Hyatt and our oline recruiting has increased with the development of our guys it has really made the difference into turning clemson into the elite program with 2/3 national titles with more to come. Man such a great time to be a clemson fan. This 2020 oline recruiting class might go down as one if not the best olines in clemson history, only time will tell! Go Tigers!!!

TL with a top-tier O-line is about the

Mar 3, 2019, 5:35 PM

scariest thing I can imagine.

I agree Joe ....

Mar 3, 2019, 6:02 PM

..., Truly a top tier O- Line!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Mar 3, 2019, 7:13 PM

But what about Fruhmorgan?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jake got one ring

Mar 3, 2019, 7:28 PM

But, forfeited a second Natty ring for Baylor. I don't think he's gonna get one there. In fact, I'd wager all I own on that point! Yep...book it!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jake got one ring

Mar 3, 2019, 8:24 PM

But, I mean, I thought he went to Florida.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Jake got one ring

Mar 3, 2019, 9:13 PM

He did. Had a cup of coffee and left.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2019, 8:36 PM

I just hope we can develop some depth because in 2020 we will have 4 new starters. We don’t typically sub much for the OL but I sure would like to get some snaps for those guys.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 3, 2019, 9:58 PM

We DO sub a lot on the OL. Bockhorst, Vinson, Carmen, Cervenka, Stewart all got a lot of reps this past year, and they will all get reps this year. Count on Putnam, Rayburn, Boteng, McFarland to figure in also.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic