Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ostarine rears its ugly head again....this time in MLB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Ostarine rears its ugly head again....this time in MLB

Jun 22, 2019, 4:20 PM

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27025746/a-montas-suspended-80-games-playoffs

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

After lil ole Clemson destroyed CFB's BEST TEAM EVER...

Jun 22, 2019, 4:36 PM

is it really surprising Ostarine has become the people's enhancer of choice?

Or did you has something else in mind?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: After lil ole Clemson destroyed CFB's BEST TEAM EVER...

Jun 22, 2019, 4:41 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seriously, what is going on? An over the counter product from a place like..

Jun 22, 2019, 5:34 PM

GNC, or something else purchased online.

I never was satisfied with Clemson's official answer or was it a really No Answer..or We don't know.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t think the FDA is doing its job.

Jun 22, 2019, 5:42 PM

But then again what do we expect from a government agency?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don’t think the FDA is doing its job.

Jun 22, 2019, 7:12 PM

Especially a bureaucracy out of control and unanswerable to the general electorate. In fact I have found they rarely answer to anyone. Some of the worst are the FDA, DHEC, DEA, and probably the most dangerous is FEMA!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't forget the EPA

Jun 24, 2019, 11:41 AM

Everything you need to know about them is summed up nicely in Ghostbusters.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This isn't a job for the FDA.

Jun 23, 2019, 11:06 PM [ in reply to I don’t think the FDA is doing its job. ]

Dietary supplements are considered safe until proven unsafe. Until that time, they are considered "food" and thus have different regulations, not covered by FDA.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seriously, what is going on? An over the counter product from a place like..

Jun 22, 2019, 6:18 PM [ in reply to Seriously, what is going on? An over the counter product from a place like.. ]

I heard through the grapevine that a certain overbuffed former Tiger who has a gym in Anderson is no longer welcome around the current team.
The reason is implied but not stated anywhere.

Just wondering if anybody else knows anything about that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boulware?***

Jun 22, 2019, 11:45 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Boulware?***

Jun 23, 2019, 10:57 PM

I have no way of confirming what i was told. I also assume there is no hard evidence of wrongdoing, but a firm commitment to limit future players' exposure to ALL unauthorized substances.

I could see any or all of the 3 Tigers not wanting to throw a former Tiger All-American under the bus. Especially if they took something he offered, in spite of repeated instructions from the coaching staff.

As i said, i am repeating something that has no confirmation, only because i too am frustrated by the lack of information.

This is the highest profile, most thoroughly researched PED-case in NCAA history, and we still know nothing.

I'm sure they're all broken up about your dissatisfaction...

Jun 22, 2019, 6:21 PM [ in reply to Seriously, what is going on? An over the counter product from a place like.. ]

coot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seriously, what is going on? An over the counter product from a place like..

Jun 24, 2019, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Seriously, what is going on? An over the counter product from a place like.. ]

Post and Courier article.

https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/clemson/clemson-won-t-release-ostarine-investigation-findings-cites-privacy-law/article_7367fdc8-9380-11e9-8b76-4f3b8d2465fa.html

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Thanks for picking the scab

Jun 22, 2019, 5:56 PM

moran

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

"Moran"?

Jun 22, 2019, 6:00 PM

You need to stop paying Bob these compliments.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ostarine rears its ugly head again....this time in MLB

Jun 24, 2019, 6:02 AM

With the volume of these stories coming out now, it certainly makes secondary contamination seem much more likely. I don’t think any of the athletes involved would knowingly take banned substances when they know they will be tested for them.

Ostarine

Jun 24, 2019, 8:23 AM

An 80 game unpaid suspension will cost Montas a lot of money. It cost two Clemson guys a year of play. Except of Clemson's exceptional depth on the D-Line, it could have cost us a Natty. One would think responsible athletes would stop taking supplements not given to them by their ball club or school.

That assumes of course that the 'supplement' stories are not just the excuse of the day for using a PED.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: excuses

Jun 24, 2019, 10:47 AM

Contamination is a logical conclusion when only a trace is found. I appreciate your caveat.

Away from amateur and some professional sports, ostarine has a great reputation for effective muscle development and fat burning with no negative side effects. It was designed by Rx giant Merck for the aging population losing muscle mass and other patients who suffer from muscle atrophy and dystrophy. However, it is only legal for research purposes only, not for human consumption. This is on the label of every bottle, and every user ignores it.

It is very effective. It's crime was becoming too popular. People who were very critical of the destructive effects of steroids were very positive of ostarine.

That is as of December 2018.

Now labs have a stockpile of 'healthy' performance enhancers that they cannot sell. What would you do with them, especially if you hoped that "good science" would eventually prevail in the courts? Keep holding them? Flush them? Or get a little of your investment back by diluting your other products with them? I think option #3 is clearly wrong, but i understand why they do it.

One of the other biggest problems with investigating contamination is the timeline. When you have 3 athletes test positive, the contamination was obviously very recent; but Allonzo Trier at U of Arizona tested positive twice for what was probably the same inadvertent usage (he said his stepdad gave him an ostarine-protein shake). His positive tests were TWO YEARS APART. Because he had passed numerous tests between the two failed tests, the second failed test was considered to be fresh, not a recurrence of the original.

Apparently small amounts of the chemical can be stored in fat cells while the body otherwise purges itself. Then when those fat cells are burned, the chemical is released into the body at its full effect, and a "false" positive reading is the result. It's not a "false" positive as much as it's a delayed positive. Nevertheless, NCAA guidelines are not constructed to consider that.

After losing parts of 3 college seasons, and getting to know his lawyers on a first name basis, Trier successfully went pro last year.

Message was edited by: Rw43

Re: Ostarine rears its ugly head again....this time in MLB

Jun 24, 2019, 8:29 AM

Random trivia about Grankie Montas that I always found interesting. He was a Dodgers prospect before he was traded to the A's. Anyway, while with Dodgers he had discomfort in his ribs when he threw the ball. He ended up having a rib removed to free him up some for his throwing motion. I had never heard of that surgery before.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic