Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ostarine
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Ostarine

May 5, 2019, 5:30 PM

repost
Everyone should read and reread this. The tide might just have turned, Also, those of you still not banned,post the link on evry Chicken , Bucknut and Dawg site you can lol

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/26664202/usada-ends-ostarine-suspension-ufc-strawweight-ribas

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ostarine

May 5, 2019, 5:34 PM

While I like the sound of that I think the NCAA approving that is a different beast. I’ll keep my ???? and hope they apply the same tests.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2019, 10:38 AM

While I like the sound of that I think the NCAA approving that is a different beast. I’ll keep my ???? and hope they apply the same tests.

Agreed.

While this is good news going forward, i doubt that it really changes our guys' cases. I'm not an expert, but i see these distinctions:

1) She still had to prove her innocence through 4 passed blood tests, and while it's great that her name is cleared, she still served 23 months of a 24-month suspension. That would be like our guys getting cleared to play before the ACC Championship game.

2) Even then, the NCAA would have to change the terms of its penalty. Right now, Giella and Galloway have been penalized not in months, but in terms of losing next year's entire season of eligibility. ZG has to evaluate whether or not to enroll in Grad school based on the slim possibility that he could be totally cleared in time to play, because simply having his suspension reduced won't do him any good.

3) NCAA guidelines are not allowed to take into consideration the amount of a banned substance that is detected. It is an absolute ruling. If a banned substance is present at all, the athlete is DQed from participation. We would say that there are so many common sense variables in this case, but the NCAA rules do not allow for interpretation of the data. A 'trace' might imply tainting rather than ingestion, but that is an interpretation and isn't allowed.

4) UFC has a working partnership with USADA, so any USADA rulings are implemented immediately. I doubt that the NCAA has a similar partnership but i do not know. If not, the decisions, rulings and advice of the USADA would certainly be relevant to future decisions by the NCAA, but not necessarily to old ones.

I hope I'm wrong. Living here in Augusta, where Zach went to school, i am simply hoping that Zach's (and Braden's, of course) name, and Dabo's program, get cleared.

Restored eligibility would be like winning the lottery.

May 6, 2019, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Ostarine ]

Agreed.

While this is good news going forward, i doubt that it really changes our guys' cases. I'm not an expert, but i see these distinctions:

1) She still had to prove her innocence through 4 passed blood tests, and while it's great that her name is cleared, she still served 23 months of a 24-month suspension. That would be like our guys getting cleared to play before the ACC Championship game.

2) Even then, the NCAA would have to change the terms of its penalty. Right now, Giella and Galloway have been penalized not in months, but in terms of losing next year's entire season of eligibility. ZG has to evaluate whether or not to enroll in Grad school based on the slim possibility that he could be totally cleared in time to play, because simply having his suspension reduced won't do him any good.

3) NCAA guidelines are not allowed to take into consideration the amount of a banned substance that is detected. It is an absolute ruling. If a banned substance is present at all, the athlete is DQed from participation. We would say that there are so many common sense variables in this case, but the NCAA rules do not allow for interpretation of the data. A 'trace' might imply tainting rather than ingestion, but that is an interpretation and isn't allowed.

4) UFC has a working partnership with USADA, so any USADA rulings are implemented immediately. I doubt that the NCAA has a similar partnership but i do not know. If not, the decisions, rulings and advice of the USADA would certainly be relevant to future decisions by the NCAA, but not necessarily to old ones.

I hope I'm wrong. Living here in Augusta, where Zach went to school, i am simply hoping that Zach's (and Braden's, of course) name, and Dabo's program, get cleared.

Restored eligibility would be like winning the lottery.

May 5, 2019, 5:40 PM

Pronounced ( Eewww stuh ree nay)

...is a 5 star target at QB for the 2021 Recruiting Cycle

Word has it that CLEMSON U. holds the early lead for this game changer!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You drinking ? LOL

May 5, 2019, 5:43 PM

Wrong thread ? LOL

Re: You drinking ? LOL

May 5, 2019, 6:12 PM

Eewwwps!!! ??

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 5, 2019, 5:43 PM

This should improve our chance of a successful appeal.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 5, 2019, 5:48 PM

”None of the four, like Ribas, had been able to provide evidence of a tainted supplement. But the trace amount they tested positive for, which the USADA is now able to see more clearly with new science, made it likely the positives did not come from intentional ingestion, the agency said.”

May 6, 2019, 12:57 PM

The USADA is interpreting the data. They have that opportunity and expertise.

The NCAA uses third-party drug testing, so they don't have the expertise to interpret. Another credible agency must do it for them. This complicates communication exponentially.

Someone should forward to Spakoff, rhymes with, ;)

May 6, 2019, 5:41 AM

Maybe he'll mention it in his next hit piece

Has anyone ever taken Ostarine

May 6, 2019, 6:30 AM

on purpose or does it only come from unknown contaminated substances?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Has anyone ever taken Ostarine

May 6, 2019, 7:29 AM

I think it’s in the chickens. The breasts I cooked yesterday were bigger than a Velociraptor’s.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have

May 6, 2019, 7:34 AM [ in reply to Has anyone ever taken Ostarine ]

You got a problem wit dat?

Would hate to have your

May 6, 2019, 8:11 AM

Search history now!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's my kinda man...

May 6, 2019, 10:39 AM [ in reply to I have ]

if I was gay. I wouldn't go in for fancy pants who want to be girls. I'd be all in if I were gay.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2019, 7:49 AM

I was saying this when the story first broke. I’m a huge UFC fan and Jon Jones went through this same thing. He avoided a 4 year suspension because USADA found such low amounts of steroids in his system that they believed he didn’t knowingly take them. You can listen to Jeff Novitzky discussing this on Joe Rogan’s podcast.
https://youtu.be/so3qOEMZXDQ

Word

May 6, 2019, 7:52 AM

null

Message was edited by: GeeVille Tiger

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: You're not going to Convince them of anything

May 6, 2019, 9:42 AM

You're not going to Convince them of anything

May 6, 2019, 7:52 AM

Fact..

Nutritional products, Especially related to weight loss/ gain, are the most adulterated items in food.

It is easy to test a drug with 1 active ingredient for purity. When you have 50 active ingredients it gets much harder, infinitely harder when you add a bunch of botanicals.

They were putting ephedra in everything a few years ago and not claiming it. I was reading 483's on a regular basis.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Probably good for changing NCAA rules

May 6, 2019, 8:57 AM

On this going forward at some point and improving testing but believe our appeal is in and don’t believe there really is any subjectivity based on the policy in effect at this time. We basically had to prove where it came from which is virtually impossible

May 6, 2019, 9:06 AM

The UFC is a lot more lenient unfortunately. They even allow fighters to use cocaine, ostarine is a joke when it comes to steroids and I had never even heard of it so I can definitely agree with the ruling to overturn.

Ostarine -

May 6, 2019, 12:57 PM

I get it that you don't want unfair advantages going on in sports. I get it. But, do you not have to have some common sense to it? The amount of this banned substance being what it is alone should give you pause. I'm not sure of how they proceed after they find players with it or not; but one would think "we must do a deep dive to see if it's a bigger problem"! No doubt they did that and didn't find anything going on in the program! These players are all maybe a little bigger than when they came in; Dex may have lost a few pounds. I just don't see how they can look at this rule as a: "no fault" thing! This is one that deserves some wiggle room. If these players wanted to cheat: two were reserves and not even key reserves why would they not have done more than trace amounts? If they wanted what this substance promises; why not far more than what was found in other words? Makes no sense!

I hate it and the Smith thing b/c Coach Swinney runs a clean program. He strives to do it the right way. When b.s. comes up; be good to squash it like Clemson beat Alabama in the championship game in January.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I skimmed through this before clicking on the link

May 6, 2019, 1:32 PM

And thought they linked the substance to Strawberry-ritas. Haha

Hopefully this bs stops and the players who are still here

May 6, 2019, 1:35 PM

GET TO PLAY NEXT YEAR

Ridiculous

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic