Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dont think Trevor would leave Cleamson for $$$
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Dont think Trevor would leave Cleamson for $$$

Feb 11, 2019, 3:49 AM

ttps://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2019/02/08/pro-football-new-leagues-aaf-xfl-change-nfl-college-game/2800945002

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dont think Trevor would leave Cleamson for $$$

Feb 11, 2019, 5:50 AM

Https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2019/02/08/pro-football-new-leagues-aaf-xfl-change-nfl-college-game/2800945002

Feb 11, 2019, 9:00 AM

are you kidding? do you really believe he is there for academic challenge and intellectual growth? maybe TL would not, I dont know him, but many would. the greatest impediment would be the fact that anyone joining this league now is sticking their necks out as there is no guarantee the league will make it long term.

Only an IDIOT high prospect kid would leave from his spot

Feb 11, 2019, 9:05 AM

to go to the Clown Football League, unless he was given a check for 1st 4 years in excess of $80M. Not a guarantee but cash money.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2019, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Dont think Trevor would leave Cleamson for $$$ ]

Anyone that wouldn’t leave for tens of millions is not very smart. That’s life altering kind of money. But it’s have to be cash

Message was edited by: MackDaddy®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Feb 11, 2019, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Dont think Trevor would leave Cleamson for $$$ ]

are you kidding? do you really believe he is there for academic challenge and intellectual growth? maybe TL would not, I dont know him, but many would. the greatest impediment would be the fact that anyone joining this league now is sticking their necks out as there is no guarantee the league will make it long term.

Feb 11, 2019, 7:58 AM

Only if he needed money for pizza, and why should he need that when Dabo would just have a pizza party!

Agree regarding Trevor

Feb 11, 2019, 8:12 AM

But i can see this league pulling some prospects away from college football.

Feb 11, 2019, 8:37 AM

Why would he? He has 2 more years until he is the 1st pick in the draft. They will be a great 2 years also.

Feb 11, 2019, 9:33 AM

Skip Wise. Enough said for oldtimers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2019, 9:58 AM

Dabo doesn’t touch the skip wises. He occasionally gets snowed ala belk but not often.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2019, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Dont think Trevor would leave Cleamson for $$$ ]

Skip Wise was a drug addict mess. TL is not similar.

Feb 11, 2019, 8:50 AM

The concern is if any of these startup leagues catch on and start to become development leagues. Yeah they'll still mostly have the guys that don't make final NFL rosters, but if talents like Lawrence start to see an opportunity to go get paid for 1 or 2 years before going to the NFL, they might take it. I'm sure that these leagues will eventually adjust their contracts to allow for this as well because having a high profile college player on his way to the NFL for a couple of seasons would be good for business.

Feb 11, 2019, 9:11 AM

I think they will never be a major factor. It's not like the NBA. Many football players want their degrees and they realize the big money in the NFL is a long shot, so being able to have a decent job with a degree matters.

Feb 11, 2019, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Dont think Trevor would leave Cleamson for $$$ ]

The NFL rule is a player has to be out of high school for 3 years, so no one would go to one of these leagues right out of high school unless he's just not going to make it to college.

Biggest threat is a rising junior or RS sophomore with a family in need weighing the option of spending another year in school and earning nothing or going to one of these leagues and earning 50k.

If the league sticks around for 4 or 5 years and shows a little lasting power I think you'll start to see guys leaving college early, but someone would really need the money to jump when these leagues first start.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dont think Trevor would leave Cleamson for $$$***

Feb 11, 2019, 10:38 AM

That will probably cost the bagmen more but it shouldn't...

Feb 11, 2019, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Dont think Trevor would leave Cleamson for $$$ ]

have an adverse effect on programs which try to maintain integrity like Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2019, 9:49 AM

The only kids I can see doing this are ones that fail to qualify academically to a P5 University. They may see it as a better way than doing a post grad year in HS or playing somewhere off the map at University level.

Feb 11, 2019, 12:02 PM

Isn't safety a major concern with high school kids playing professional football? They just aren't as developed. Basketball and baseball don't have this issue but a 27 year old with 8 years post high school experience will have a vastly different body than even the most developed 18 year olds.

Feb 11, 2019, 12:08 PM

Im not sure but I believe TL would stay but wouldn’t blame him if he did.

Im in favor of leagues like this and if the NFL would create a legit minor league would be the best option in regards to this whole pay the players issue that is popping up. There would still be plenty of talented players that would want and value the college experience.

It would go a long way to actually cleaning up college football and reduce a lot of the cheating that goes on. A lot of the kids that don’t value the college experience would go straight to these options.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic