Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Only 2 & 1/2 weeks until Ealy decides
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Only 2 & 1/2 weeks until Ealy decides

Jan 19, 2019, 2:58 PM

I hope come Feb. 6, RB Jerrion Ealy will decide to play football (& baseball) at CU. It seems like Clemson would be the obvious choice for him. Would think playing @ CU would open a bunch of big doors for him, not only in MLB but the NFL too.

I guess a big enough offer this summer from MLB would be hard to turn down, but 2 or 3 years at Clemson would seem the best path to get even bigger offers from baseball AND the NFL.

I hope he's patient & will seize the opportunity with the Tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gavin @ TCI had linked this article

Jan 19, 2019, 3:01 PM

Kid's not all about the money. I think we stand a good chance of seeing him in Orange

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/2019/01/18/mspreps-jerrion-ealy-choose-mlb-college-football-jackson-prep/2565688002/

$2 million may be a bit of an understatement...

Jan 19, 2019, 3:50 PM

In 2018 the first fifteen selections in round one of the MLB draft received between $3.5 and $8.1 million in signing bonuses.

Of course, all teams can't afford to pay that kind of money so Ealy's decision may be based, at least in part, on who drafts him and the bonus they're capable of paying.

The MLB draft is June 3 - 5 and while Clemson's fall camp doesn't open until July 29th, the staff will want him on campus much earlier than that, especially if early PT as a true freshman is a possibility, so Ealy will have a fairly short time to make a decision.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Only 2 & 1/2 weeks until Ealy decides

Jan 19, 2019, 4:12 PM

It’s not too the decision on signing day you have to worry about. It’s the one in June where he’s probably going to have to turn down $5 million to come play school for free.

The young man has already decided and

Jan 19, 2019, 4:18 PM

I’m sure our choaches know his decision. Just watch what our coaches do the next two weeks and that will tell you Ealy’s decision.

Re: Only 2 & 1/2 weeks until Ealy decides

Jan 19, 2019, 4:31 PM

Lord willing, I got a 100% feeling he has already made up his mind. I believe he truly wants to play at Clemson and enjoy the FAMILY, GROWING AS A MAN, AND ADDING 3 MORE NATTIES to the TROPHY CASE!!!

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic