Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do you think the buyout for Brad...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,937

Do you think the buyout for Brad...

Mar 17, 2019, 10:35 AM

Getting lower each year and was not increased after his contract extension after last season is going to start hurting us in recruiting?
The buyout is going to be less than $850K next year.
I’m saying this in that the AD needs to either get firmly behind this guy and increase his security or let go of ties relativelly soon or we won’t even get top 150 players yet alone too 50 players...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dawes and Hunter are in the Top 150

Mar 17, 2019, 10:42 AM

For the 2019 class.

For the (historical) record, the top 4 signed hoops recruits in Tiger history (post Al Gore internet), did NOT pan out...not even close. The #5 was James Mays and #7 KC Rivers. The #9 slot belongs to Dawes.

You despise Brownell with every fiber of your being...everyone is crystal clear on that. But don't pretend Clemson has EVER done a stellar job at identifying the top recruits in basketball...that's simply a well-grounded fallacy.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One more point...

Mar 17, 2019, 10:52 AM

Of the Top 25 all-time, referenced above, six are currently on the roster, or signed in the current class. All will be on the squad next two years, at the very least. That suggests the upgrades in facilities are having an effect. But, they had to exist, not be under construction or on a drawing board. High school kids live in a 'now' world...a year or two out is an eternity.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They didnt really have official recruiting rankings

Mar 17, 2019, 2:14 PM

when some of the greatest players in our history played, and best recruits. So saying 6 of the top 25 recruits of all time are currently on our roster is misleading.

Recruiting has picked up, but the only top 50 player in the last 25 years was Thomas, who was a transfer. Guys like Wise, Rollins, Rome, Ricky Jones, Clark Bynum, Sharone Wright all would have been top 50 guys. Guys just from the 70's and 80's would make up more than half a top 25, though many of them didnt pan out

Most of those guys you named played for coaches

Mar 17, 2019, 2:33 PM

who are known cheaters, with NCAA infractions/probation to prove it.

I wouldn't use those guys as examples of legitimate recruiting.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

They signed to play here and did

Mar 17, 2019, 3:31 PM

that's like saying none of our 70's-80's football recruits should count among our best

Re: Dawes and Hunter are in the Top 150

Mar 17, 2019, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Dawes and Hunter are in the Top 150 ]

You bring up a good argument.

So why aren’t we doing better with these recruits?

Seems either it’s bad luck they are not panning out or they aren’t being coached up like they should be?

I can see both sides of this argument... but this is a weird

Mar 17, 2019, 11:20 AM

year

We are literally a few buzzer beaters from being 24-9. Look at our close games. Do we have to start winning those? Absolutely.

But you could argue that we have just been flat out "snake-bit" this year.

That's why I think, if we can get in the NCAAT and hit the reset button, we are dangerous.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you think the buyout for Brad...

Mar 17, 2019, 11:05 AM

Nc tig you are wasting your time. You are not going to get rid of Coach Brownell so move on. There are plenty of basketball programs that you can be a fan of! Note ... I didn’t say support. You have no idea what that is.
The current coach at Clemson is firmly affixed in his position and no change is being considered. The program is in better shape than some of the ‘fans’!!!!!

OP...I'll wade thru these CBB apologists and

Mar 17, 2019, 11:54 AM

Answer your question. I do not think the lower buyout will affect the results of recruiting good players. Brad was rightfully rewarded for last year and taking the team thru the period while LJ was updated and they essentially played all away games. Now going forward he has to produce or in a couple of seasons someone else will/should get a chance. This is all about results. Ask Tommy Bowden.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OP...I'll wade thru these CBB apologists and

Mar 17, 2019, 12:05 PM

Snowtown watches the same Tiger games as I do. Go Tigers. IF we make it into the tourney we have a great chance to make right a few wrongs we have had along the way. IF, however, is a big word. I hope we have friends on the selection committee!

Re: Do you think the buyout for Brad...

Mar 17, 2019, 12:09 PM

How low does his buyout have to get before Tnet can start a go find me page?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

About $100.00, You know we are all talk

Mar 17, 2019, 1:26 PM

No action. Heck I will fork over twenty now, just to get it started.

This Is TigerNet Level Material

Mar 17, 2019, 2:43 PM

Oh wait......

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,937
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic