Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Student profanity caught on ACCN TV camera :(
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

Student profanity caught on ACCN TV camera :(

Oct 28, 2019, 1:12 PM

I’ve heard this mentioned on Tigernet in the past but I saw it with my own 2 eyes, in slow-motion no less, on the ACCN on Sat PM. They were doing a quick spot on the Hill and showed slow-mo footage of the team entrance Sat PM. Well right in the front of the camera is one of the students adding “shall we say, more colorful metaphors” (Star Trek quote) to the Clemson chant.

I know, I know….kids will be kids. But folks, we gotta get this stopped. There are families with children within earshot of that. And just like the Booth punch at Louisville – that is not who we are. We have another fanbase in SC that will conduct themselves this way – let them do that. We need to be better than this.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, I saw that, too. Very disappointing!

Oct 28, 2019, 1:16 PM

Someone needs to tell them two things:

1. There are no words between the 'O' and 'N" of 'CLEMSON'!
2. If you are going to sing the alma mater with the band, get with the band's rhythm. The student section was about 2 measures ahead of the band.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Kinda like C-L-E-M

Oct 28, 2019, 1:32 PM

In cadence count. I’d hate to hafts March as fast as they say it now.

Re: Kinda like C-L-E-M

Oct 28, 2019, 4:39 PM

Most don’t even know what a “cadence count” is.

Re: Yep, I saw that, too. Very disappointing!

Oct 28, 2019, 5:17 PM [ in reply to Yep, I saw that, too. Very disappointing! ]

The student section sounds ahead to you because you are sitting further away from the band then they are and the sound takes longer to get to you. Same reason the CLEMSON spellout in Tiger Rag isnt perfectly synced across the stadium.

GO TIGERS

Re: Student profanity caught on ACCN TV camera :(

Oct 28, 2019, 1:46 PM

I did not see hear about that, but if it's true that is dissappointing.

One of the things that makes Clemson so special is that it's a genrally a fan-frindly family environemnt.

I'm not orignally from South Carolina, and my 1st semester as a student I learned that swearing is not tolerated in the stadium...EVER. It's a family atmospehere, not an NFL game. There are women and children in the stands. I witnessed adults on numerous occasions calling out students, opossing fans, and even some of our own when language crossed the decency threshold. Learn it, live it, love it.

It's up to all of us, especially adult-males to remind people who get out of line that swearing in or arund the stadium is bush-league and not what Clemson is about. We're better than that.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2019, 2:08 PM

Oh my mister. Those words shant pass the ears of Mrs Penelope. Who knows how she may turn out! For shame!

Just an FYI - All that YouTube replays of Fortnite, Minecraft, etc are full of f, s, a bombs. You're crazy if you think you're shielding anyone from this. Stop being such old fogies. Sheesh.

Oct 28, 2019, 2:12 PM

YOU HAVE TO TEACH YOUR OWN KIDS. MOST LEARN CURSE WORDS BY OR BEFORE THE 1ST GRADE. YOU AS PRENTS HAVE TO HANDLE THAT.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2019, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Student profanity caught on ACCN TV camera :( ]

It's called being considerate, and don't take for granted you're always going to get away with it.

I don't care what you, your friends, your kids, etc...do in the privacy of your own home. But, when you're un public at a Clemson game in mixed-company it's completely innaporioproate to swear.

If you think it's ok, then you have ZERO class. Don't act like you're not bothering anybody, and don't pretend it doesn't matter.

I'll be honest, I've had a couple of people who were near my kids removed from the stands because they were swearing (upper deck). I punched an NC State fan in the face a few years back (upper deck) because he was drunk and kept F-bombing near my wife and my 13 year old son. Yeah, I felt bad about punching him and dropping him like a sack of potatoes. But, he was a drunken nuisance to everybody and it was my only option becuase security was MIA. My wife was pissed...but it was worth it.

Some of us "old fogies" don't like being disrespected by young punks. Either way, if you can't handle not swearing inside of Death Valley just stay away from it.

Oct 28, 2019, 4:21 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Oct 28, 2019, 4:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Student profanity caught on ACCN TV camera :( ]

You’re the bigger idiot for punching someone over using a word.

You literally committed an act of violence against another human because someone said something you didn’t like.

Get a set of thicker skin or stay home so you don’t harm any more fellow human beings.

Message was edited by: E36Tiger®

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please tell me this isn’t true

Oct 28, 2019, 4:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Student profanity caught on ACCN TV camera :( ]

You are on a soapbox of considerate behavior and then you casually drop a story of punching a complete stranger?

Call me old fashioned, but I thought violence wasn’t the answer.

Re: Please tell me this isn’t true

Oct 28, 2019, 4:37 PM

I couldn’t believe it.

Like yea man, you’re such a class act for assaulting another human for using a bad word!! Model fan we have here!

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you ask me. We have defintely found

Oct 28, 2019, 4:44 PM

RenegadeTiger® 's scok.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Oct 28, 2019, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Student profanity caught on ACCN TV camera :( ]

You committed assault and battery because someone used a word you don't like? You have absolutely no room to talk about class. You're honestly a bigger piece of #### than the nc state fan.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

IT IS NOT ABOUT SHIELDING anybody from anything.....

Oct 28, 2019, 3:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Student profanity caught on ACCN TV camera :( ]

We GET that they will learn all this REGARDLESS, you maroon . . . .

It is about TAKING them to a place & LOVING a place that has HIGHER STANDARDS than the run of the mill.

BEST is the STANDARD. . . . that garbage will happen 100's & 100's of other times in people's lives - but it SHOULDN'T happen at a Clemson University event.

Ever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Oct 28, 2019, 1:49 PM

I took my 6 year old boys to the spring game. I had to move 3 times because students were using the F-word even after I asked them to refrain.

Oct 28, 2019, 1:51 PM

COLLEGE KIDS CURSING. THE HORROR OF IT ALL.

Oct 28, 2019, 1:52 PM

THEY SAID A BAD WORD!!! THEY NEED JESUS!!!

Oct 28, 2019, 2:02 PM

I don't like Whoohoo either, but I wouldn't call it profane, assinign maybe!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2019, 1:57 PM

This is interesting because I told my wife the same thing yesterday. It's not just a few people doing it, the entire student section started doing this a couple of years ago. I agree that we need to try and get it stopped. Some of the ridiculous responses below are typical of the fact that nobody wants to act responsibly any more and just blow it off like it is nothing. We are better than this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2019, 1:58 PM

Honestly if there's even a sliver of hope in your mind you're going to control the tongue of 20,000 drunk college students then I'm here to put that hope out. It's going to happen anywhere.

Oct 28, 2019, 2:00 PM

COME ON SETH HAVENT YOU HEARD, WE ARE BETTER THAN THAT.

Oct 28, 2019, 2:08 PM

When our coaches and players go on tirades with vulgarity I'll be bothered by it, until then I don't see point in attempting to change the public and their vocabulary.

Oct 28, 2019, 2:11 PM

MAYBE INSTEAD OF CURSING WE COULD JUST THROW BOTTLES AND BATTERIES AND SHOOT THE BIRD BECAUSE AS WE ALL KNOW IT JUST MEANS MORE IN THE SEC CONFERENCE.

Oct 28, 2019, 2:26 PM

Wonder where they get their role models from...um?

Those students ruin everything. Shut the school down!***

Oct 28, 2019, 2:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Oct 28, 2019, 2:32 PM

I've always presumed those who use profanity in a public place are taught to do so by their parents and it is allowed in their home. It's a reflection of their home life. For those who think it's OK to use profanity in a public place, is this true?

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2019, 2:57 PM

I've never understood why people make such a big deal about this, especially at a sporting event with 20k drunk college kids.

This isn't the church choir. Stop trying to police the stadium with how you think people should speak in public.

That is the beauty of this country. We can say offensive things in public and there isn't anything you can do about it.

One day you may have kids and maybe, just maybe,

Oct 28, 2019, 5:12 PM

you will want to preserve their innocence as long as possible while still allowing them to have experiences like a college football game at their parents' alma mater.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2019, 2:36 PM

SMH..............

Go Tigers............

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Here's a suggestion

Oct 28, 2019, 3:14 PM

The only way you might be able to stop it would be to get Dabo to take about 3 or 4 minutes during his weekly presser to address it. In reality, as HC, he's essentially the boss of the stadium.

The other side of that is how the media would spin it: "Millionaire Christian Coach Swinney not only wants to keep players unpaid - now he insists on controlling students' speech in the stadium. 'No more cursing!' insists Dabo, the evangelical zealot. As long as he collects his $8-$10-million a year, wins championships and controls everyone's lives at Clemson - he'll be happy."

That's about how they'd write it. Depends on whether Dabo wants to take that heat or not.

But we will all know that Dabo just wants to protect our...

Oct 28, 2019, 4:14 PM

family atmosphere and create a civil environment for our children and grandchildren. Imo, you can't go through life behaving like you want to please the heathen. Serve one, God or man. It's your choice.

I mean, God forbid that The Apostles and First Church had negative articles written about them to be read while they hung upside down on a cross or were being fed to the lions, right?

There is no persecution of Christians until the lions get hungry, imo. It's Dabo's choice what and if he addresses this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The student section has done that for years. Unfortunately,

Oct 28, 2019, 3:28 PM

that IS who we are - apparently...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2019, 3:44 PM

Seriously, somebody thumbs downed jscott224 for this post?

What kind of loser does that?

That kind of idiocy is a micrcosim of everything that is wrong with our society. It's exactly why our country won't exist in another 40-50 years.

Yuk it up dummy...and reap what you sow.

Oct 28, 2019, 3:48 PM

The link to the video. If time-stamp fails to implement, its around the 1hr22min35sec mark:
https://youtu.be/LtJAXQ-uqUQ?t=4956

I was a college kid once too. And yes we all say & do stupid stuff. And most grow out of it. Not everyone here...apparently....but most do it. But even when I was young, dumb & ________ I had the decency ingrained in me to 1) Avoid using strong language in the presence of children or elders...technically, in public. If the message I wish to convey could not be done so without the language then it needed to be left unsaid. 2) If I did slip up and let something fly, apologize and don't do it again.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

Oct 28, 2019, 4:01 PM

As Chuck Larabee (LMS) would say, "Not cool."

Oct 28, 2019, 4:13 PM

This thread is a waste of time, calls attention to bad behavior and serves no useful purpose.

FWIW, I am a huge prude regarding language. There are a host of words that have no place in polite company or in public spaces. I raised by 3 kids going to Clemson games and for at least the last 35 years, I know that profanity from adult Clemson fans sitting near my family was not unusual. Not normal, not common among the regular ticket holds, but also not unusual. So the F-bomb by folks on the hill is not some new or student thing. When I heard more than 1 unacceptable word with my kids in earshot, I called the speaker down, pointed out my children were present and told him his or her Mother and Grandmother would have been horrified by the public profanity. That often did the trick.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bet they are even smoking reefer in the stadium

Oct 28, 2019, 4:39 PM

With those new fangled vape pens.

Those kids better stay off of my dammmm lawn.

Worse than the ‘woo-hoo’.....

Oct 28, 2019, 4:56 PM

Not sure why people think using those particular words makes them seem cool or something. Kind of does the opposite.
Also lacks creativity.
If you’re going to use profanity, at least use it in a proper context. And the same can be said for the ‘woo-hoo’. Both are guilty of the same crime. Leave the Clemson fight song alone.

Re: Worse than the ‘woo-hoo’.....

Oct 28, 2019, 5:01 PM

The way I learned "C L E M" was with Darn it in it , only it was not darn.

Re: Worse than the ‘woo-hoo’.....

Oct 28, 2019, 5:07 PM

Talking about the song that is played bunches of times each games....rather than a chant that is sparingly heard.
And at least in the chant, it’s added on to the end....while the other just interrupts the beauty of the original.

I too had heard of this...

Oct 28, 2019, 5:01 PM

... and was dismayed to see it in full flower. While I despise coarse language, especially around impressionable ears, I would not want any sort of legislation to prevent it. Rather, I would hope that the majority of Tiger fans would choose to do the honorable thing: refrain.

Re: I too had heard of this...

Oct 28, 2019, 5:03 PM

Good thing you were not around Frank in less public moments.

What you're saying is .The Hill had students on it?!

Oct 28, 2019, 5:06 PM

And from my vantage it looked pretty filled out.As a matter of fact. The Hill has looked great ALL year. Which is pretty #### awesome in my book!
But hey let's put a negative spin on the students or any fan in attendance cuz that's what the internet is for these days right?

Yeesh! You people!

Oct 28, 2019, 5:15 PM

People on Tigernet: PEOPLE ARE SO OFFENDED BY EVERYTHING TODAY, GET OVER IT SNOWFLAKE

Also people on Tigernet: COLLEGE STUDENTS SAID A SWEAR, IM SO OFFENDED

GO TIGERS

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic