Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Once at The MASTERs I rubbed elbows with Chi-Chi Rod, Tenn. Earnie Ford & Jimmy Brown!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Once at The MASTERs I rubbed elbows with Chi-Chi Rod, Tenn. Earnie Ford & Jimmy Brown!

Apr 14, 2019, 9:39 AM

What a place.. even without the $1.50 pimento cheese sandwich, colorful clothing, loud gallery screams thru the pine trees from excited fans, unreal beauty of the landscape.

You must attend once in your lifetime, even for a practice day!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Once at The MASTERs I rubbed elbows with Chi-Chi Rod, Tenn. Earnie Ford & Jimmy Brown!

Apr 14, 2019, 9:43 AM

Television doesn't really do it justice. Beautiful

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Once at The MASTERs I rubbed elbows with Chi-Chi Rod, Tenn. Earnie Ford & Jimmy Brown!

Apr 14, 2019, 9:50 AM

Also - Ben Hogan .....That was a loooong time ago... -:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

I went once

Apr 14, 2019, 9:55 AM

it was fun, but it was enough

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 14, 2019, 10:28 AM

I rubbed elbows with a host of people but I didn't catch their name and they didn't ask for mine. There were so many in the line at the concession stands, the rest rooms and moving and sitting on the course. It was ill mannered of me not to introduce myself and let them know who I was. I promise to do better in the future.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 14, 2019, 10:54 AM

I once spent about 20 minutes talking to Chi Chi Rodreguez’s Caddy at a Chinese restaurant on south boulevard in Charlotte

There was a Senior tour event at Piper Glenn and several of them were in a hotel near my apartment

This guy was hilarious

I thought he was yanking chains but tuned in the next day and there he was caddying for Chi Chi.

I asked him about something I saw Chi Chi do on TV (hit two balls teed beside each other - hooked one and sliced the other and made them hit in the air)

The caddy got serious for a moment and said that some of the things Chi Chi would do on the practice range and practice rounds was unreal. He said he had been caddying for Chi Chi a long time and Chi Chi would still amaze him with what he could do with the ball

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chi-Chi Rod knew Tn Earnie Ford and once saw the Singer sitting in gallery under pines next to me..

Apr 14, 2019, 11:48 AM

and during a backed-up situation near Amen Corner many years ago..Chico saw Tennessee (sitting in front of me on a single peg wooden stool embedded in the soft ground, carving on a small piece of wood) with a cloth brim hat which had a large collection of fishing lures attached..

and Chi-Chi yelled outloud “TENNESSEE” so loud it scared all around..and Tenneesee stood up and yelled back CHI-CHI..

and then they approached the other under the pines (remember ChiChi was playing and he’s left the fairway to communicate with a famous friend).

Afterwards my Clemson Buddy had the nerve of mentioning to me he’d like to get Earnie’s autograph since we were standing right behind him!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 14, 2019, 4:26 PM

Two of my wives ( ex ) have been winked at by Arnold Palmer .

Now what are the odds on that ?

(I'm not proud of being divorced twice)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic