Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
On our "Coaches"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 460

On our "Coaches"

Nov 18, 2014, 10:41 PM

I am a big fan of the direction Dabo is taking this program. We have high standards on and off the field. Dabo doesn't mind sending great athletes packing, which can be good or bad for the program. He is a great recruiter year in and year out. I believe the only field he lacks in "Coaching". We need to coach up our players better (excluding Coach V). Venables is a true "Coach". I am more worried about him leaving than I ever was with Morris.

I trust the desisions Dabo and Morris make but believe they are young in their coaching years. One year they will be excellent coaches, but that takes time. I for one am satisfied with taking the time for them to mature. I don't see the halftime adjustments from our team, that I see in others.

After all that being said, I don't want a coaching change, I just wanna see improvement. Let's finish this year with 3 straight wins and carry it into next year!! We have the recipe for success, let's just keep it together.

P.S. If one person calls me a bleeping Coot you mies well go hang with the OBS himself!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: On our "Coaches"

Nov 18, 2014, 11:00 PM

Your not a Coot lol. But with recruiting, you get wins. We did that the last two years in a row. We are down because we lost our entire offense. Sadly we lose the defense next year... Offense will be back and we are what we are...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: On our "Coaches"

Nov 18, 2014, 11:12 PM

I agree with you except that the part about Dabo and Morris becoming better with time. By the time you are their age you have developed your strategic approach and general gamesmanship. Not a lot of improvement coming I am afraid. You know when to call time outs or you don't ( there are many examples of poor sideline decisions and this one was not that bad). You also know with the "eye test" good playing from poor (not just a win from a loss). And you can see when there is a lack of strength/physical play. I believe down deep this is what bothers most dissatisfied with these two.
Like you said, "Venables is a true coach".

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 460
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic