Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So... to make it simple..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,977

So... to make it simple..

Mar 17, 2019, 6:49 PM

A 15 team Power Conference with the top 3 overall seeds only got 7 bids

Two of the teams, from said conference, left out were .500 in conference and had the highest NET of any other bubble team (33 and 35)

that's interesting

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So... to make it simple..

Mar 17, 2019, 7:13 PM

The reason they gave for leaving State out was a lack of quality wins. Something we also didn’t have. There was never a prayer we’d get in just like several on here said and got landblasted for.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do NCSU's 22 wins compare to Ohio State's 19?

Mar 17, 2019, 7:21 PM

NCSU beating Auburn looks pretty good. Heck Ohio State went 8-12 in their conference. NCSU got hosed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

The worst SOS in the country

Mar 17, 2019, 8:08 PM

And 0 wins against the top 7 ACC teams is what did State in

That's really not what I asked

Mar 18, 2019, 7:53 AM

BornATiger13, I was asking how NCSU's 22 wins compared to Ohio State's 19. Was Ohio State's win over Cincinnati to start the season really more impressive than anything NCSU did?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: That's really not what I asked

Mar 18, 2019, 9:28 AM

The committee is saying that NCSU’s 22 wins is inflated because of a terrible SOS. Can’t just look at 22 to 19 as apples to apples or else nobody would ever schedule challenging non conference games.

Ok, then justify Ohio State getting into the tournament

Mar 18, 2019, 11:12 AM

with a 19-14 record, 8-12 in the B1G, but Clemson not getting in with a 19-13 record and going 9-9 in the ACC when our SOS was better and our NET ranking was better...

BornATiger13

Neither should’ve been in the tournament

Mar 18, 2019, 12:46 PM

If you’re going to reward beating good teams put someone like Indiana in. There’s reasons to put in/leave out every team but you can’t go by the NET rating on anyone because obviously it was meaningless.

At the end of the day, it wasn’t the committee’s fault Clemson didn’t get in, it was Clemson’s. There were numerous chances to play their way in and not have to rely on the committee and they didn’t take advantage. So if I’m on the committee I’m saying “why should we put this team in who had almost everyone back from a Sweet 16 team and squandered every chance they had for a big win?”

Why doesn't the SEC's football argument apply here though?***

Mar 18, 2019, 12:51 PM [ in reply to The worst SOS in the country ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Blame morans like Vitale who have been

Mar 17, 2019, 7:20 PM

Re: So... to make it simple..

Mar 17, 2019, 7:20 PM

Yeah, I am scratching my head with this bracket.

OU being 19 wins and 7-11 in conference. Add Minnesota in that group too.

It looks like they like sub .500 teams with a few wins against a weak conference top tier and then obliterated those .500 teams with 3 of the four top teams.

How did Florida State "fall" to a 4 seed. I had them as a 3 easily. (Sorry, not buying Houston)

They awarded conference with 3 #1 seeds so could pass on bubbles***

Mar 17, 2019, 7:21 PM

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,977
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic