Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
South Carolina WR Deebo Samuel on Bill Belichick (Tweet)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

South Carolina WR Deebo Samuel on Bill Belichick (Tweet)

Apr 15, 2019, 9:18 AM

After his visit with Patriots, he posted to Instagram saying:

"Hey Billy. I'll see you in a month, my man."

https://sports.yahoo.com/south-carolinas-deebo-samuel-message-184534965.html
https://media.zenfs.com/en/csnne.com/4e54ba507e025627a8578880b5c8cfd2">

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can’t help but to see this as extremely immature

Apr 15, 2019, 9:25 AM

To just assume the champions are going to draft you is arrogant. But then to publicly state it and do it towards a head coach that is notoriously quiet publicly, that is not a good look. Bill probably just took him off the board.

Snowflake Basher........Out

ESP "Billy" and "my man" ***

Apr 15, 2019, 9:41 AM

Re: I can’t help but to see this as extremely immature

Apr 15, 2019, 10:17 AM [ in reply to I can’t help but to see this as extremely immature ]

Well - it would be - if Billy was not his man .... -:D

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Oh come on

Apr 15, 2019, 2:56 PM [ in reply to I can’t help but to see this as extremely immature ]

If Wilkins had done this you’d all be laughing and saying “how could you not love his personality?

The dude is just trying to have some fun. I’m sure the pre-draft process is grueling and gets old, so who cares if he’s trying to lighten it up a bit. I’m sure he’s not the first to do something like this and won’t be the last.

I dislike the coots as much as the next, but this is a non-story. And to think the Pats would take him off their draft board for that is pretty asinine when you consider they’ve drafted plenty of guys with way worse “character concerns” over the years.

Wilkins being from Mass

Apr 15, 2019, 5:46 PM

probably goes over better than this guy.

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation(al CHAMPIONS!)!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Re: Oh come on

Apr 15, 2019, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Oh come on ]

Yes, it's a non-story, but something tells me that Belichick seeing a potential draft pick call him "Billy" means he'll erase him off the draft board haha

As a Mass-born Clemson grad, I've come to realize you can have starkly differing coaching styles and still be successful...but I don't think anyone, including Tom Brady, calls Bill Belichick "Billy".

what exactly is going on here?***

Apr 15, 2019, 10:12 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: South Carolina WR Deebo Samuel on Bill Belichick (Tweet)

Apr 15, 2019, 2:43 PM

The funny thing is that I guarantee all the teams in the NFL are extremely professional and tell these kids all kinds of things. Deebo is the proverbial "doesn't know when someone is just trying to be nice" guy. The type who buys a new outfit and moma tells him he looks like a model and actually starts getting head shots.

Re: South Carolina WR Deebo Samuel on Bill Belichick (Tweet)

Apr 15, 2019, 4:50 PM

He opened his mouth and closed the door at the same time. He's amphibious!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like a mennAL Erra***

Apr 15, 2019, 2:56 PM

Ha! Pro teams, ESPECIALLY the Patriots, are famous for smoke

Apr 15, 2019, 7:51 PM

screens ahead of the draft. If they are letting it out that they are after Deebo Samuel, he better not be house shopping in New England, because he will almost certainly NOT be drafted by them. It would be really poetic justice if they took Renfrow instead of him, they would have to put jumper nets below every tall building in Cootlumbia.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Otis ... MY Man!!” ... “Mind if we dance wif yo dates?”***

Apr 15, 2019, 8:45 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Call me immature but I loved it ...

Apr 15, 2019, 9:42 PM

Christian would be great back home in Mass … but he will be long gone by #32. Not that Pats can't trade up.

Deebo will likely go around 32 so it's not inconceivable, but it is funny. It's possible Coach B and Samuels hit it off. It's also possible the interview went terrible or Deebo is eliminating a cold weather city. But I would not put it past Deebo to tell Belichick that in person and get a laugh … and repeat it on Twitter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic