Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Offensive calls in 2nd half perfectly understandable ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Offensive calls in 2nd half perfectly understandable ...

Oct 29, 2017, 12:01 AM

However, Tiger Net is Bi-Polar

For the last two weeks all you heard on T-net was "Protect Kelly Bryant, PROTECT KELLY BRYANT!!)

... So we build up a substantial lead, then see Bryant get a little nicked at the end of the first half and we decide to "Protect Kelly Bryant" the rest of the game.

... and now what we do hear from post after post? "We'll never make it to the playoffs with that conservative play calling".

The coaches know how to win a game ... they just can't EVER win with the fans on Tiger Net.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Offensive calls in 2nd half perfectly understandable ...

Oct 29, 2017, 12:02 AM

Amen

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tnetters gonna tnet..................***

Oct 29, 2017, 12:05 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

B!tches gonna b**ch....***

Oct 29, 2017, 12:07 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's what Spud said***

Oct 29, 2017, 12:13 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't say Tigernet is bipolar.

Oct 29, 2017, 12:09 AM

Maybe you're combining posts from different people?

Do the research and get back to me with a spread sheet ...

Oct 29, 2017, 12:12 AM

Of who said what, when. ... LOL.

Nah I'm good.

Oct 29, 2017, 12:56 AM

I think that was just a common internetism. Saying things like "everyone" when it's just a few, and combining entire groups of people together based on the typed words of a few, and saying the same people said two different things when in actuality it was lots of people saying different things.

Internetisms... Did I make that up?

Re: Nah I'm good.

Oct 29, 2017, 8:19 PM

I like it. You are spot on. Exaggeration and re-writing to one's agenda or beliefs.

When you've been here a while you'll learn.

Oct 29, 2017, 11:36 AM [ in reply to I wouldn't say Tigernet is bipolar. ]

Some Tnetters look for negative things to say about Clemson. It's always the same people and they contradict themselves within a week or two. They are foolish and to remove all doubt they speak out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok cool

Oct 29, 2017, 2:40 PM

I still think a lot that, most of it actually, is an internetism.

I'd be curious to see some of these alleged flipfloppers though.

exactly***

Oct 29, 2017, 2:31 PM [ in reply to I wouldn't say Tigernet is bipolar. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But how are we supposed to find out

Oct 29, 2017, 12:24 AM

what Johnson can do at QB? I know he can hand off!!! Why can't you see we don't pass the eye test in spite of being the only team with three wins over top 25 FPI teams, two on the road, and rings on our fingers? It's October! Only four weeks left and no team ahead of us can possibly loose a game!!!

Re: But how are we supposed to find out

Oct 29, 2017, 12:36 AM

I agree with Striperfan. However the OP has a point.

Oct 29, 2017, 11:05 AM [ in reply to But how are we supposed to find out ]

And snag a snap that is 2 feet over his head with a wet ball.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2017, 4:46 PM [ in reply to But how are we supposed to find out ]

How do we not pass the eye-test? We lost to Syracuse and still are getting tons of love from the talking heads and are in the thick of the playoff race where, if we win out we are in.

We also have 6 wins against P5 teams with a winning record, more than any other team in the country.

Oct 29, 2017, 12:38 AM

Boom... indeed. D was dominant so... protect the O skill, play some youth and win the game. All good

Oct 29, 2017, 12:52 AM

Who cares...its a silly cfb message board

Don't get so bent out of shape ??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2017, 11:01 AM

So what you are saying is that the coaches had a brain freeze with Syracuse and forgot how to win. Anyway you can word it, it has to be repeated again and again, we stunk up the field from goal line to goal line in that game. I actually believe and trust the feelings I have in my heart for Clemson, and those are that nobody can love a school or a FB team no more than I do. I live for Clemson sports year round, my closets are mostly orange with some purple, and I wear something Clemson every single day of my life, and I will be buried in my Clemson gear if my wife respects my wishes. For me, IMO, the facts are, we played one ugly game against Syracuse, and we will have to wear that black eye for the rest of our season and suffer the consequences from that black eye at the end of this season!!! We have become one of the best FB programs in college FB, and I'm as proud of what Dabo has done at Clemson as I've ever been in my 55 years of GOOOOO TIgerssss!!! We are still one of the best, we're just not the best this year, and I'm OK with that bc I understand how extremely hard it is to remain at the very top of college FB. I believe that even more top talent will come in that will put us back on the very top again, and that could very well be next season!!! We can't change anything that has happen this season, but we have next season to have a perfect season, and I believe we will bc Trevor Lawrence will be as good and maybe better than a DW4, and it takes DW4 type player to lead a team to the very top. All teams that has landed on the very top, has had those type of players leading them....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Point for emotionally charged, but irrelevant response ...

Oct 29, 2017, 12:20 PM

You personally are obviously not bi-polar ... you personally are very focused and consistent.

However, Tiger Net, as an entity is very bi-polar. And it’s got nothing to do with how badly the entire team performed at Syracuse.

The point is that Tiger Net (as an entity) was very critical of how we “risked the health” of Kelly Bryant at Syracuse then did a complete 180 to criticize how we went conservative to protect him in the second half against Ga Tech.

Go Tigers! Beat the Pack (with a healthy KB2) :)

ok how does that explain going away from throwing the ball downfield...

Oct 29, 2017, 2:34 PM

and playing Choice/Fuller over Ettiene/Feaster, or Hunter Johnson not given a chance to throw some passes

could have taken better precaution for Bryant by building the lead in the 3rd qtr...

Oct 29, 2017, 2:47 PM

And could have took him out for the entire 4th qtr and let Cooper/Johnson get some experience

We were up 18-21 in the 3rd quarter, it was a 3 score game

Oct 30, 2017, 4:48 PM

and Tech wasn't going to score 3 times unless we gave them help. Hence conservative play calling.

Re: ok how does that explain going away from throwing the ball downfield...

Oct 30, 2017, 12:24 PM [ in reply to ok how does that explain going away from throwing the ball downfield... ]

Ettiene/Feaster each had a fumble, Choice/Fuller didn't. That may have something to do with it.

The coaches probably have a little more confidence in the upperclassmen when it comes to controlling the ball in terrible conditions. Also, it's not like the young guys were playing SO much better...

Choice: 8-54, 6.8 ypc
Fuller: 8-50, 6.3 ypc
Etienne: 7-43, 6.1 ypc
Feaster: 7-35, 5.0 ypc

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My personal opinion is that ...

Oct 30, 2017, 4:46 PM

... no matter who is in the backfield, if our QB ... (KB2 in particular) ... is not running the ball, then our offense is screwed.

Agree that using Fuller and Choice late was probably to avoid fumbles, but calling off any Kelly Bryant planned running plays was the real reason it appeared our offense went "conservative" in the second half.

We didn't need more points and we didn't risk anything in an attempt to score more points when they weren't needed to win the game handily.

We kept Kelly in the game for the same reason we had Fuller and Choice out there ... ball security. But, we decided to protect Kelly from injury by not calling his number even though it would have moved the chains several times and stretched potential scoring drives.

Re: My personal opinion is that ...

Oct 30, 2017, 4:56 PM

Agree completely, and I have no problem with this as long as we have control of the game. Had GT pulled to within 1 score, or even within 2 scores early in the second half, I would like to think we would've opened it back up a little.

That said, I've never been one to come on here and question our coaches. They didn't luck into winning a national championship last year, and I trust them to make the right decisions the large majority of the time... Everyone makes mistakes eventually, but I think they've earned a little more respect than some of the crazies here on tnet give them

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ok how does that explain going away from throwing the ball downfield...

Oct 30, 2017, 2:04 PM [ in reply to ok how does that explain going away from throwing the ball downfield... ]

If I had those answers I would have been happy to answer. The only thing that I can come up with is this, our entire coaching had a major brain fart all in the same game. I believe that the Syracuse scheme and energy had a lot to do with all those brain farts by our coaching staff!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the criticism is about going away from what's working in the 2nd half of games...

Oct 29, 2017, 2:29 PM

1st half we were running the ball good with KB, Feaster and Ettiene, threw to the TE for a TD, and threw the ball down the field good. 2nd half we stop throwing the ball downfield, don't use the TE's, and played Choice and Fuller over Ettiene and Feaster. Ain't nobody calling for a coaches head, just criticism of an offense that settles for shutting it down in the 2nd half

Re: the criticism is about going away from what's working in the 2nd half of games...

Oct 30, 2017, 1:29 PM

we had basically a 3-score lead, and we beat the spread in a monsoon. Guess what we won. Period!

Agree. If you are up 20 points at the half, and the 2nd half

Oct 29, 2017, 2:51 PM

is punting contest, you win. We do that a few more times and we are in the playoffs.

Tnet coaches have

Oct 29, 2017, 2:59 PM

a very low buyout clause for a reason...:~)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tnet coaches have

Oct 31, 2017, 10:10 AM

Agreed 100% !! Good to see you being all feisty on T-Net! Hope you are doing OK.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic