Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Offense questions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,164

Offense questions

Sep 14, 2015, 11:21 PM

First of all I was at the game Saturday and what a blessing it was to be in Clemson. The weather was great for early morning tailgating and spending great time with friends and family.

That being said I was lil nervous the first couple of possessions. After that I began to calm down and enjoy the atmosphere a little more haha. I am no expert nor to do I pretend to be. I am a die hard Clemson fan til the end and want nothing but a W on game days.

There were a couple things I think we need some improvement on. 1) being our center play. I was highly upset when Watson went down bc of a bad snap. I think there was atleast 3-4 over snaps on the first half!

2) Down field passes of 15+ yards I feel maybe need to be increased. Maybe I am over reacting. I know we rely heavely on the bubble/quick short passes. For once I feel like the run game is better than our down field passing. We strengthen the 15+ yard passes I believe the O will be in better position for the post season.

Let me know what my fellow Tigers think.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Offense questions

Sep 14, 2015, 11:29 PM

Also I miss the Pistol formation.

Sep 14, 2015, 11:30 PM

My opinions on the questions you raised are follows
1) Jay Guillermo should be the starting center. I think he has more control on where his snaps go and I think he fires off the ball better than Ryan Norton.

2) Our biggest threat at reviver at the moment is Scott. Scott is the type of player that you just try to get him the ball in space and let him make the play on his own Ray Ray is the same type of player. Mike was our big down field threat with him out Peak is going to have to try and fill that roll a roll that he was thrown into just a couple of weeks ago. It's going take a little bit of time before we have the same down field ability with Peak as we did with Mike.

Sep 14, 2015, 11:33 PM

I feel the same way, would like to see some downfield improvements. As Peake is the easiest answer I would like to see someone step up and help. Trevion/Cain can hopefully help out after some time

Sep 14, 2015, 11:38 PM

I think you will see Thompson get some snaps this Thursday night. I think that he will be rotating in for Peak but I doubt we will see much if any of Deon.

Sep 14, 2015, 11:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Offense questions ]

We really haven't opened up our playbook at all there is no need too when we were playing wofford and app state

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Offense answers

Sep 14, 2015, 11:48 PM

There is a trade off between the snaps and blocking. I won't say which center is better at which as I'm not expert enough to have an opinion. I will trust the coaches to protect their high paying jobs and play whom they think best.

On the downfield passing game, I think both the Wofford coach and the App St. coaches plan was to not get beat deep (more so Wofford then App. St.). I think that we have proven we can put together 10-12 play drives, so defenses will have to adapt, opening up the deep pass more. Personally, I prefer we take 10-12 plays to score (especially early in the game) as it wears down the defense more. I believe in the long run a 10 play, 70 yard drive for a TD is better than a 3-5 play 70 yard drive for a TD in most cases (obviously not in a 2 minute drill.)

That's what I think.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

According to players & coaches, we've only run 10-13 plays

Sep 14, 2015, 11:51 PM

after 2 games.The coaches have intentionally put the players in tough positions and tried to force the run game, even when the defense was playing the run.

I think the offense has been vanilla, by design. I think we'll see some new wrinkles this Thursday. I think we'll see TE play increase throughout the season.

I also think the center issues will get fixed. I think Watson & Peake's game will get better in the coming weeks.

The only issue that really makes me worry is special teams. Specifically, return game. Special teams have been a struggle since Burns left.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,164
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic