Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Odd temperature stat (for the good guys) from Tim Bourret
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 3,226

Odd temperature stat (for the good guys) from Tim Bourret

Sep 5, 2019, 10:25 AM

Pic.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I find it surprising that Clemson has only played

Sep 5, 2019, 10:46 AM

6 games with temperatures at 92 or higher.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Are you mildly surprised, quite surprised, or just a little

Sep 5, 2019, 10:49 AM

surprised?

It's important.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I'd put it at quite surprised

Sep 5, 2019, 10:56 AM

Although that temperature is measuring temps outside the stadium while it's about 30 degrees hotter inside Death Valley

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I find it surprising that Clemson has only played

Sep 5, 2019, 10:50 AM [ in reply to I find it surprising that Clemson has only played ]

92 is the new 91

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bring Back 1:00 games in September!***

Sep 5, 2019, 10:58 AM [ in reply to I find it surprising that Clemson has only played ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember one game, early 2000's, maybe against UGA

Sep 5, 2019, 11:38 AM

where it felt like Death Valley was 3 feet from the sun. We got blown TF out on the field and the heat just made it all the more miserable.

2003 Dude puked on the ball.***

Sep 5, 2019, 11:57 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, that's it. That game was probably the worst I've ever

Sep 5, 2019, 11:59 AM

felt at a football game.

Is that when you were a stud-

Sep 5, 2019, 12:08 PM

ent at Clemson?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

No, it was a couple years after I graduated***

Sep 5, 2019, 12:40 PM

And, all this time I though GWP was a coot.

Sep 5, 2019, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Is that when you were a stud- ]

Oh, wait, he did not specify from which university or high school he graduated.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I graduated from Clemson University. Hth***

Sep 5, 2019, 12:56 PM

Yeah that was a miserable experience. Drank too many beers

Sep 5, 2019, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Yes, that's it. That game was probably the worst I've ever ]

and not enough water. Got severely dehydrated and spent the entire afternoon and evening puking and nursing the worst headache of my life. The game wasn't any better.

Twice I believe***

Sep 5, 2019, 12:29 PM [ in reply to 2003 Dude puked on the ball.*** ]

Agreed. That seems way low. Plus, if only six,

Sep 5, 2019, 12:25 PM [ in reply to I find it surprising that Clemson has only played ]

what games were they?

null

That was the most odd thing about

Sep 5, 2019, 1:44 PM [ in reply to I find it surprising that Clemson has only played ]

this report - I would have lost money betting that I had been to at least 20 100+ degree games in my life. Swore I would never attend another 1:00 game in September ( but broke down and went anyway).

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only that few games at temps of 92 or higher? This global

Sep 5, 2019, 11:01 AM

warming thing must really be legit!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Only that few games at temps of 92 or higher? This global

Sep 5, 2019, 11:50 AM

I have a radical suggestion. Perhaps the quality of the opponent in those games had more to do with the result than the frapping temperature.

Sep 5, 2019, 12:12 PM

Sounds like you’re suggesting someone intentionally schedules lower quality opponents when the temperature gets cold? That doesn’t seem right... wait, what time in the football season do we always play the coots?

Sep 5, 2019, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Only that few games at temps of 92 or higher? This global ]

Nope. I remember in to '70s & '80s most Sept games feeling like the Hades Equator. Just brutal. Usually people praying for a passing cloud or even a 4mph "gust" of wind.

Re: Odd temperature stat (for the good guys) from Tim Bourret

Sep 5, 2019, 12:04 PM

Should we just go ahead and give aTm the W then?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2019, 12:09 PM

Tim Bourett comes out of left field with some of these stats .

Love him . Who thinks to research record vs ambient air temperatures ... historically ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 5, 2019, 12:25 PM

and ignore more relevant info. His next tweet will point out both teams won more games in 20th century than in the 21st or 19th century..

What about the temperatures between 41 and 91?***

Sep 5, 2019, 12:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Why 92 instead of 90?

Sep 5, 2019, 12:39 PM

And is that at the start of the game? At any point in the game?

Silly useless stat

Should we all bring an airconditioner to the game?

Sep 5, 2019, 12:40 PM

Maybe this guy can figure out something.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/watch-florida-man-suggests-wild-plan-to-fight-hurricanes-and-goes-viral

Yes, let's build an ice dome over the stadium.***

Sep 5, 2019, 12:48 PM

Tim Bourret is the Gold Standard for stats, but back when I

Sep 5, 2019, 1:06 PM

was there, due to lack of lights at the Valley, ALL the home games were in 12:00 to 1:30 time period. And it sure SEEMED to be above 92 for a lot of those early season games, as my scorched butt could attest! And, we lost a lot back then, regardless of what the temperature was. I'll take the global warming in a heartbeat to have the results we have now! :)

Replies: 28
| visibility 3,226
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic