Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Observations after watching game last night....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,534

Observations after watching game last night....

Jan 17, 2019, 12:44 PM

Positives:

- We picked up a big win at home and looked better than we had in previous outings.
- Reed looks to have fully recovered from his December injury...he was "on" for sure. Saw him demonstrate leadership last night as well.
- Simms has had some rough outings lately, but he made some shots in the 2nd half that might get him going.
- Skara, as the announcer rightfully pointed out, was straight up lockdown on defense. Why people criticize him is beyond me...he has been solid on D and has improved offensively overall.
- Thomas continues to play well...just has to avoid foul trouble.

Concerns:

- I don't think Shelton Mitchell is healthy. My guess is there is a knee issue, which he has had in the past. But I think we are "masking" him on defense (he has been torched by quicker point guards lately). Skara picked up his guy yesterday. He is our best distributor and we need him on offense, but something is not quite 100% there.

- Our big guys off the bench did OK last night...but against most teams we struggle when Eli goes to the bench. When he is out, our interior defense really struggles.

- GT only took 11 three pointers (making 4) last night....they must not have watched film of other teams destroying us from the 3 point line in recent weeks. Maybe that's not their game...we'll have to see how we do against teams that shoot the 3 well over the next couple of weeks. Maybe we defended it a little better last night, but it seemed like they were more into attacking the basket. Hopefully we'll improve in that area.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Observations after watching game last night....

Jan 17, 2019, 1:13 PM

Needing Skara on offense precisely, shows the problem with this team.

Tell 'em coot.

Jan 17, 2019, 1:33 PM

He scored 9 pts on 3-5 shooting last night....

Jan 17, 2019, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Observations after watching game last night.... ]

He is averaging close to 9 points per game (3x what he did last year)....

And he is the 5th scoring option on the floor after Reed, Thomas, Simms and Mitchell...although he has been more consistent than Simms and Mitchell this year.

And he locks down someone from the other team...and last night it was a PG!

There are problems with this team....but this is not one of them.

I don't think that was his point***

Jan 17, 2019, 3:01 PM

Skara was 3 for 3 on 3's but I noticed that

Jan 17, 2019, 3:21 PM

during GT's big run to cut the lead from 18 to 5 at the half, he was repeatedly wide open in the left corner but would never get a pass. Just thought he would have gotten the ball while he was hot.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,534
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic