Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nuk Hopkins Baptism this year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Nuk Hopkins Baptism this year

Jan 22, 2013, 10:57 AM

You cannot tell me that this and his performance this year were completely unrelated. Yes of course off-season training and grinding played a huge part of his success, but God touched this young man over the course of the season, and He will continue to do so over the course of his lifetime. Very happy for him.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, God must not have cared much for LSU DBs.***

Jan 22, 2013, 11:33 AM

And He must really be ticked at Sammy this year.***

Jan 22, 2013, 11:35 AM

LSU probably worship that Cajun Voodoo***

Jan 22, 2013, 1:25 PM [ in reply to So, God must not have cared much for LSU DBs.*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guess hes (God) responsible for Sandy Hook too.

Jan 22, 2013, 11:41 AM

Seriously, I don't mind religion but don't give credit to everything that good happens to your God of choice. Or if you do, hes gotta take credit for the bad too.

Nuk earned it due to hard work and his ultimate goal, 1st round pick.

Hes gonna represent Clemson well for years to come

Re: Nuk Hopkins Baptism this year

Jan 22, 2013, 11:48 AM

so god cares enough about football to help a football player, but not enough about little kids to stop a shooting, or to stop gang rape, or about kids in africa starving to death and dying of horrible diseases. gotcha. god sounds like kind of a jerk.

Re: Nuk Hopkins Baptism this year

Jan 22, 2013, 11:55 AM

The comments missed the point

Jan 22, 2013, 11:57 AM

He is not sayin God all of a sudden made Nuk good or made good things happen to him. I believe what he was saying is that his baptism was a sign of what type of person he was becoming and that showed in the preparation and the way he handled himself throughout the season and previous off-season, which lead to a great season by a great person.

No they didn't...

Jan 22, 2013, 1:18 PM

the original post said that God "touched this young man" as though God plays favorites. The fact that Nuk was baptized this year doesn't make him more special than someone who was baptized years ago. Would Nuk not have been as successful if he hadn't been baptized? There's no "attack" in disputing his claim. I also don't "buy it" when some athlete claims in an interview that God made him better on a given day. Did God pick one player to be successful and not the others? I do believe that God gives people talents, and they are all different, but it's up to us to develop those talents.

Yes, I can tell you they're unrelated...

Jan 22, 2013, 11:58 AM

what about players that are baptized as infants or when they turn 12 or 13? Does God somehow care less about them than about someone baptized at 20?

WOW

Jan 22, 2013, 12:15 PM

Some people apparently just hate all things GOD or GOD related. I've noticed that when GOD and or JESUS is mentioned on this board, the attack is quick, condescending, and just plain hateful. I don't think it is a personal thing, it's just that tolerance thing that's so often mentioned.

I guess there's tolerance discrimination too. You learn something new everyday

Re: WOW

Jan 22, 2013, 5:35 PM

Or maybe we just get tired of hearing about it all the time. This is a football board, not a church. If you want to discuss religion, there is a forum on TNet just for that.

Re: WOW

Jan 22, 2013, 6:28 PM [ in reply to WOW ]

It's called conviction Bowelder. Makes alot of people mad.

I'm a Christian and I don't believe that. I believe God is

Jan 22, 2013, 1:24 PM

pleased that another of His children has chosen baptism. I do believe that Nuk's decision may have given him peace-of-mind and lifted a weight off of his shoulders. Could that have made him perform better? Definitely.

Maybe I misunderstood you, but I don't think God touched Nuk on the football field to allow him to catch a pass. (Or in Nuk's case, a lot of passes.) :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no matter what some say i beleive that was the best catch of his life***

Jan 22, 2013, 1:30 PM

Hmmm...why does spurrier continue to be successful? He is

Jan 22, 2013, 2:05 PM

The spawn of satan

My God folllows college football! Woo hoo!***

Jan 22, 2013, 5:15 PM

Did Sammy's Baptism not take?***

Jan 22, 2013, 5:30 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This topic falls into the same category

Jan 22, 2013, 5:40 PM

As the whole Clemson being a "Christian" team and Dabo being a "Christian" guy, and thats hunky do-ree and all but that doesn't mean everyone on the team is Christian, the Ten Commandments arent Trademarked, its called being a good person. We were found on religious freedom, lets stick to those roots.

I just think its the same as saying all black people like fried chicken & watermelon, they almost all do. Its not right to discriminate though lol

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic