Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Think we should be mindful of LSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Think we should be mindful of LSU

May 18, 2019, 4:27 PM

No doubt, Clemson has to focus on Clemson to stay great - but at the same time, a passing glimpse at other teams from the corners of the eyes can't hurt. The Bama's, Dawgs, OHSTs, Sooners, et al.

One team that might surprise in a year or 2 or 3 - Ed Orgeron's LSU. The guy certainly had rough spots in his life, but has turned a lot of that around. He's a great recruiter, born on the Bayou & grew up loving LSU (even tho' he signed to play there & then quit to play for another LooZee-anna school) - but he's not that crazy kid or the "too tough" coach he once was. The older, happier "Be` Be`" is a lot more mellow & focused.

He's a fun interview, loves his players, family & LSU. A much different guy in his 50s. Just saying - he could be, one day - the Cajun Dabo. Not THE Dabo...just the Bayou version.

Should we meet one day in a big ole game, I think we still win like 56-3, but Ed won't offer 100 excuses like Nick.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Think we should be mindful of LSU

May 18, 2019, 4:31 PM

I'll be worried if LSU can figure out the forward pass.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2019, 4:36 PM

Eggsactly!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2019, 4:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Think we should be mindful of LSU ]

Until then their offense sucks too much to worry about. Venables attacks the LOS too hard for run heavy teams like LSU to be too much of a threat. They have top 5 talent like the Dawgs but 5-20 results.

They couldn't even score with a tOSU trained 5* transfer QB.

#59 in yards (5227) and #38 in PPG (32.8)

Florida actually had a better defense and offense but both struggled on offense and were 6ppg (~50%) behind Clemson on defense.

....despite his Movie Star looks, not sure...

May 18, 2019, 4:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Think we should be mindful of LSU ]

..if Ed Ogeroon can get LSU over the top: and they always have the same type teams there, killer defense, great RB and mediocre QB. Me no worry about them...

Re: ....despite his Movie Star looks, not sure...

May 18, 2019, 5:04 PM

Good defense. O offensive identity. Reminds you of the tommy west and Hootie Ingram era. Soo they play to not lose

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ha! I was here for the latter part of the Hootie era. If he

May 18, 2019, 7:49 PM

played not to lose, he failed at it miserably! :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ha! I was here for the latter part of the Hootie era. If he

May 18, 2019, 7:55 PM

^ no pollo de primavera ^

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: ....despite his Movie Star looks, not sure...

May 18, 2019, 10:34 PM [ in reply to Re: ....despite his Movie Star looks, not sure... ]

The only thing that came out of the Hootie Ingram era was the Tiger Paw. Tommy West did a few good things but was not ready. Beats the heck out of Hatfield who was given a championship team and ran it into the ground.

Now if they are seeking to cast the Cajun Fred Flintstone

May 18, 2019, 10:23 PM [ in reply to ....despite his Movie Star looks, not sure... ]

… they have their man …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-VBYitLIfQ

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2019, 6:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Think we should be mindful of LSU ]

Forward pass could certainly spark their offense.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

He will have them on probation in a few years just like everywhere else he has been.***

May 18, 2019, 5:11 PM

Too bad the only two people who can understand

May 18, 2019, 5:53 PM

a word Ed says are his mom and himself. Everybody else needs a closed caption translation for the ol' Cookie Monster.

It's pronounced "L Heff A" and it means "The Boss".

May 18, 2019, 9:14 PM

I'll always remember 4th and 16, Boyd completion to Nuk. That play started the rise of CLEMSON, and the demise of LSU. Don't believe me, just check it out.

May 21, 2019, 9:04 AM

The demise of LSU began on January 9, 2012 when they lost to Bama 21-0 in the title game. They have yet to recover. 1/9/12 is to an LSU fan what 12/7/41 or 9/11/01 was to every American.

Outside of the National Championship game

May 21, 2019, 6:47 AM

My favorite game of all time is the Clemson/LSU matchup in Atlanta! Soooo glad we scheduled a series with them! I’m excited! Would love to meet them in the playoffs too!!

Ainno doutaboudit wegonna be areally gooda disyearhere.

May 21, 2019, 8:26 AM

Signed,
Coach Ogre.

May 21, 2019, 9:05 AM

Ed O isn’t going to do jack #### at LSU.

https://youtu.be/th51wVMLOEM

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic