Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Notre Dame: Undefeated
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,451

Notre Dame: Undefeated

Oct 28, 2018, 1:51 AM

It looks like ND will end the year undefeated.....their 2 "sort of" challenges come up next week against Northwestern and the other is in 2 weeks against Syracuse. So that tells you not much competition. They sure won't lose to FSU and USC in Pasadena won't be much of a game either.

But that's all they have to do to make the playoffs. Every other team has to at least participate in and probably win a conference championship game. So that says really there is no upside to a conference championship game, only risk.

I know this topic has been beat to death but the closer we get to the playoffs the more it comes into play.

I suppose the good news is that not having a championship game didn't help Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl against the Tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Notre Dame: Undefeated

Oct 28, 2018, 2:32 AM

Oklahoma, tOSU, and Bama have made it in the last three years with a bye during Conference Championship week. So what else is new? Committee will love them as an easy semi-final win for the beloved Bama.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Oct 28, 2018, 2:57 AM

Every weak more 1-loss 'contenders' add their second loss, practically DQing them from consideration for the CFP so long as 4 or more still qualify.

None left in Pac12.
Only OK and WV in Big 12. Only one at most can survive.
Only 031-0 St still possible from B1G.
GA/KY winner, and Bama/LSU winner will square off, so SEC will only have 1 or 2 teams with fewer than 2 losses.
Clemson and ND will have 2 of the 3 best resumes. I welcome the Irish as a first round foe.
I hope we don't hear pathetic lobbying for UCF this week. ND is far more deserving than they are.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2018, 3:04 AM

ND looks good, but not sure that Defense can hang with either Clemson or Bama. Hopefully we get ND first round of CFP. If everything stays the way it is.

Message was edited by: Doc Diesel®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ohio St and Bama already proved this

Oct 28, 2018, 3:24 AM

1 loss without a championship > 2 loss Champion. Basically, the 1 loss non-champion is assumed better. See Wisconsin last year. 1 loss but it was a championship game so that is worse than a 1 loss during the regular season. The committee has shown that championship games don't mean anything, they are just an extra game. They can hurt you, but don't help you at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,451
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic