Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Noticed how crisp, hard & centered the snaps were from center to TL which allowed him to look ..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,770

Noticed how crisp, hard & centered the snaps were from center to TL which allowed him to look ..

Jan 9, 2019, 9:59 PM

downfield quickly..while in years past in Natty many snaps to DW4 seemed to be slower & lower which caused him to bend down to retrieve and didn’t give him that extra split second to check his receivers as readily, imho.

Was Cervenka our center? If so i heard he bench pressed 660 lvs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Noticed how crisp, hard & centered the snaps were from center to TL which allowed him to look ..

Jan 9, 2019, 10:01 PM

Good point. Details like that get overlooked and under credited. Need to give credit when it’s due.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Noticed how crisp, hard & centered the snaps were from center to TL which allowed him to look ..

Jan 9, 2019, 10:18 PM

Great observation. Snap issues were prevalent in multiple seasons. I don't remember a single snap-related miscue, and protecting the ball was a big factor in this victory. Was really pleased with ball security on offense and special teams.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2019, 10:23 PM

And only 1 penalty and touchback kickoffs. They were very well prepared.

Whoever made the decision to fair catch the kickoffs . . .

Jan 9, 2019, 10:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Noticed how crisp, hard & centered the snaps were from center to TL which allowed him to look .. ]

I applaud!!! Going into the game, I feared for DK's ball security during those returns. That single decision could have saved us a turnover or two, plus we started our drives with decent field position.

Again . . . to whomever . . . I applaud that single decision!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Whoever made the decision to fair catch the kickoffs . . .

Jan 9, 2019, 11:34 PM

I agree. We've seen the impact turnovers have had in our other games against Bama. The difference is that this time it was Bama turning it over. Thanks to Coach V, DB coach, and defensive backs for getting in their film study.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Jan 9, 2019, 10:30 PM

Falcinelli was our center.

Jan 9, 2019, 10:53 PM

....I heard that he squats 660 lbs., not bench. Unbelievable!

Jan 9, 2019, 11:32 PM

The snaps were amped up no doubt..I even commented to my son early on I was scared Falci was gonna airmail one

Jan 9, 2019, 11:37 PM

I noticed in the Cotton Bowl they were perfect. I think in the Natty there were just a couple that made Trevor reach a little but nothing like Deshaun used to have to react to. He didn’t panic trying to get out of his crouch early to get on Q Williams.

Jan 9, 2019, 11:37 PM

excellent point!

Re: Excellent point! Somebody learned from last year

Jan 10, 2019, 12:05 AM

when KB was bending over to take the snaps.

I didn't think he really needed to much of the time--a guy who has taken shotgun snaps for years has no reason to bend over for a thigh-high snap except being extra careful and playing cautiously.

So it was awesome to have a QB playing with confidence again. Just like DW4 did before him.

I believe they snap the ball lower so the probability it...

Jan 10, 2019, 12:32 AM

goes over the QB's head is minimized. It's common in baseball when relaying or throwing to base. You can always get to a low ball but everyone has a limited vertical hop.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,770
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic