Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not my team , not my qb, but i must admit ....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Not my team , not my qb, but i must admit ....

Oct 14, 2018, 4:04 PM

that I feel for Bentley for what the #### fans are putting him through. They are the ones who placed unrealistic expectations on his shoulders. He is not All World and he never will be, but it aint all his fault. Line not picking up the pace , receivers dropping game changing passes that are right in their hands, running backs tripping over the chalk lines , you name it … …..it all has happened to the poor fellow, although a few ints are definitely on his shoulders...you know they wish they had a chase brice , lol

Message was edited by: Lennon-McCartney®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not my team , not my qb, but i must admit ....

Oct 14, 2018, 4:09 PM

AS I have said before, they have the nastiest, lowest form of fans in football period. This is true inside and outside the stadium.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2018, 4:13 PM

You’re right. Not a popular opinion on this board but it was just flat out wrong booing him yesterday and he gave the student body an earful from what I heard.

I mean he’s had like 3 different OC’s and was thrown in to play way before he was ready.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their fans are trash and their University and Athletic Dept

Oct 14, 2018, 4:15 PM

either just don't care or do nothing about it, or both.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The stuff they say online is brutal

Oct 14, 2018, 4:16 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So true. It's just good our fans didn't trash

Oct 14, 2018, 9:30 PM

KB when he made his decision to transfer. I'm so glad he got the benefit of just being "a kid."

No Clemson fan would ever stoop that low.

Oct 14, 2018, 4:17 PM

I watched intermittently yesterday as I was game surfing and he actually was decent. Saw three dropped passes he put on the money in their hands. Missed his intercepts but his supporting staff looked pretty weak.

I watched some of it here and there myself ....

Oct 14, 2018, 8:56 PM

saw a few drops only watching part of the game, one hit Debo Samuels right in the numbers and bounced off his chest pads ….

Not to mention their greasy-fingered WR's

Oct 14, 2018, 4:20 PM

Some big drops yestidy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They claimed they were WRU. Interesting.***

Oct 14, 2018, 5:38 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Worst WR’s of any P5 team

Oct 14, 2018, 10:09 PM [ in reply to Not to mention their greasy-fingered WR's ]

I’ve never seen so many drops - many of them uncontested.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2018, 4:21 PM

I'm glad that no one on TigerNet made a disparaging remark about KB. (TIC)

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty sure nobody on here told KB they wished he'd

Oct 14, 2018, 4:25 PM

Oct 14, 2018, 4:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Not my team , not my qb, but i must admit .... ]

This ^^^. Nice job Mr. Joe, thanks. I’m reminded of rocks and glass houses, or something to that effect.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You guys are crazy if you think the stuff that

Oct 14, 2018, 4:35 PM

Re: You guys are crazy if you think the stuff that

Oct 14, 2018, 5:28 PM

I’m not on any of the social media platforms, so I’m uninformed in that regard and will not argue about things posted in that world. And I’m certainly not accusing you personally, but there was plenty of vitriol sprayed at KB on this very board just a couple of weeks ago.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2018, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Not my team , not my qb, but i must admit .... ]

Exactly! Smh this fan base treated KB no better than South Carolina fans have treated Bentley. Actually we were worst to Kelly because the SC fans gave Bentley 3 yrs of being below average before they turned on him. Our fan base only gave KB one year, in which he took us to a playoff in a season where at the beginning of the season a playoff wasn't our expectations, before we turned on him and wanted to replace him for a talented but unproven and very inexperienced freshman QB. SMH. Then the very same fan base got furious with KB for reacting like a 22 yoand honestly not unlike most of us would have if we had been the top selling agent at our job the previous year and was demoted the next year because the new shiny kid although unproven seems as if he is going to sell more than we can.
Pot calling the kettle black uh?

Unproven?

Oct 14, 2018, 4:44 PM

Oct 14, 2018, 4:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Not my team , not my qb, but i must admit .... ]

Oct 14, 2018, 9:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Not my team , not my qb, but i must admit .... ]

With all due respect, unless you have read the comments posted on Bentley’s account by chicken “fans”, you have no idea what you’re talking about. Agree our “fans” were not kind to KB, but there is NO comparison. Literally disgusting, vile, hateful, hurtful, obscene things were said that I wouldn’t wish for my worst enemy. These “fans” are sick and have no conscious.

Oct 14, 2018, 4:22 PM

Plus, he should still be in high school. He graduated early to get tangled up in that mess. I'll be a lot of their fans don't even know this.

never again, not much better if at all after one of

Oct 14, 2018, 4:31 PM

the biggest #### whoopins in history. He gets what he deserves. He is the perfect coot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: never again, not much better if at all after one of

Oct 14, 2018, 4:49 PM

This is exactly what I was going to say. I guess people forgot that he said all these things and has acted like a complete doosher for 3 years. You’re 100% correct. He’s the perfect coot if there ever was one.

Re: never again, not much better if at all after one of

Oct 14, 2018, 9:35 PM

This is exactly what I was going to say. I guess people forgot that he said all these things and has acted like a complete doosher for 3 years. You’re 100% correct. He’s the perfect coot if there ever was one.

https://imgur.com/a/ll42GPA

You people...Bentley reaps what he sows..flick him!

Oct 14, 2018, 5:35 PM

Oct 14, 2018, 8:59 PM

What the dumb coots do not realize is that just the dropped passes, that were right in the receiver's hands, made the difference in the outcome of that game. TAMU was lucky to crawl out of there alive.

That said - TAMU is not all that good or hard to beat when the refs actually call holding penalties on their OLine. That crap in Texas was the worst officiating for any game this year. Those refs should be fired and never ref another game.

Oct 14, 2018, 9:18 PM

Its not his fault he's a 5* flopper.....

way too many dropped passes to blame Fivehead

Oct 14, 2018, 9:53 PM

Their WR’s seem to make the circus catch and drop the wide open ball

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2018, 10:02 PM

Good point. Gotta feel bad for the kid, as much as I can’t stand them

Oct 14, 2018, 10:36 PM

I'm no fan of little Jakey, but there is never a good reason to boo a player unless he does somthing dirty, and booing your own player is pathetic if it is based on what is at most a failure of performance. I've played a little football in HS, not very well, because basically it is hard and not everyone can do it well. That much harder in college against bigger, stronger, faster guys. Most of us have no idea how very good you have to be to be a backup QB in college. I do not even understand booing the opposing players when they come on the field. Makes no sense. They are just the opposition.

That said, I agree that the chickens are a breed apart when it comes to obnoxiousness. I think we get a little ahead of ourselves when we attribute it to some sort of genetic depravity. Most of us have friends and neighbors who are chickens who are alright enough people for the most part. My theory is that they have a horrific history of disappointment and grabbing eat from the jaws of victory. Gives them an automatic sour stomach. The other piece of it is that they have set up their games historically so that folks don't so much tailgate as drink themselves into oblivion. Until the 80s Clemson scarcely had night games, they were all at 1 pm lest TV dictated otherwise. The chickens always set them up at night through the middle of October because you would not want to have people passing out in superhot Columbia in September. But that gives them the chance and incentive to get loaded up pregame. It was certainly a factor in last year's game in November.

I took my two daughters to park over near Bernie's on Bluff road. We had a light tailgate and i suggested they let me go get some chicken at Bernie's after I used the bathroom. Stood in line for about 10 minutes. I just needed to whiz but a dude needed the stall and no one knew why the stall was not being vacated. He finally looked in and a chicken was on the toilet semi passed out in a mess of puke. They tried to get him taken away by a trooper at Bernie's for public drunkeness but the trooper said he had no jurisdication and they'd have to hunt down a deputy. Not much fun for anyone. Thereafter, several folks volunteered to yell "Clemson Sux!" in my ear to which I replied drop dead. Not sure how drunk they were. But alcohol is a factor.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic