Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What has impressed you so far with 2019 Clemson Football?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

What has impressed you so far with 2019 Clemson Football?

Sep 15, 2019, 10:36 AM

With me 2 things.

1. Goal Line Defense.

I don’t know how you can lose 4 high-round draft picks and be a stonewall at the goal line. Thanks, Coach V.! This d just seems to thrive at these situations. They are physical, disciplined, and seem to really WANT the challenge of stuffing the other team. Coach V.’s goal line situational coaching is top notch.

2. Amari Rodgers

The determination and grit of this young man is inspirational. Didn’t his serious injury occur just 5 months ago? He said the injury would make him stronger and he would come back better than ever. Not lip service, folks! He meant it! Just so happy and proud of Amari. He is definitely a leader on this team that will help us achieve our ultimate goals.

GOOOO TIGERS!!!

Have a blessed Sunday.

~JKB

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nolan Turner

Sep 15, 2019, 11:15 AM

He just seems to be in the right place at the right time a lot. He had an amazing Pass Defended last night, and caused a fumble in the A&M game. This guy is a baller and we're better when he's on the field.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Goodrich showed up and Booth had a great play near the end

Sep 15, 2019, 11:19 AM

when he went up and almost snatched the ball one handed turning around and about to land on his back

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Any updates on Booth?

Sep 15, 2019, 11:40 AM

He didn’t get badly hurt on his fall, did he?

~JKB

Defensive play in general. The scheme is creative, utilizing

Sep 15, 2019, 11:28 AM

the experience we have. Linebacker play has been good, and we are getting the second string in well.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Isaiah Simmons

Sep 15, 2019, 11:20 AM

This new look 3-2-5 defense (if that is in fact what it is), seems to be build almost exclusively around Isaiah Simmons. He really makes it work for the whole defense. Skalski and Smith are getting free lines straight to the QB because Simmons creeping up has everybody's attention. Simmons is ridiculous fast and seeks out contact. I don't think enough can be said about him. He was great last year. But, he's a man on a mission this year and just wrecking opposing offenses. The only question in my mind, when it comes to Simmons, is whether he's a Top 5 pick in the draft or a Top 10 pick. Either way, he's an NFL starter next year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is a BEAST!***

Sep 15, 2019, 11:21 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are bringing 5 every play. You just don't know where

Sep 15, 2019, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Isaiah Simmons ]

the last two are coming from

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That we haven't started off September "SLOW"***

Sep 15, 2019, 11:22 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Without question

Sep 15, 2019, 11:38 AM

The defense. Especially the goal line defense that you alluded to in your post. Amazing accomplishment with all the new guys up front. I was sure that it would take a few games before someone took the place of K Joseph but the new guys are playing like veterans. Coach V is a special guy. I hope that he never leaves Tigertown.

I thought that the Tigers did a better job last night of reducing the penalty calls that we have had earlier. The one holding call by a reserve OL cost us a big TD but it was a good performance by everyone.

I think 20 straight September wins...

Sep 15, 2019, 11:43 AM [ in reply to That we haven't started off September "SLOW"*** ]

Which is quite impressive considering the early-season matchups we have had the past 4 or 5 years.

~JKB

Re: What has impressed you so far with 2019 Clemson Football?

Sep 15, 2019, 11:45 AM

The way that Venables has adaspted our D to help our weaknesses. Its amazing how he adapts.

Sep 15, 2019, 11:53 AM

Kendrick getting targeted and shutting his man down. Also the play of Chalk and the blocking of Price. Allen and Lay are going to he studs at TE tho.

Sep 15, 2019, 12:23 PM

1, Certainly not the Punting game. That said, if Spiers, who is obviously all we’ve got then, I guess there isn’t anything that can be done. I’ve rather gotten use to terrible to mediocre results by this kid.

2. Impressed with the Defense overall. Great job by the coaches to prepare this young group.

3. Lyn-J Dixon and ETN have shown flashes of greatness even though ETN’’s hopes for the Heisman are as bleak as Trevor. Even most analyst are concerned and saying it openly that something is very wrong with this kid. Doesn’t matter just improve offense and maybe we can make it to Atlanta and New Orleans.

4. Except for sketchy FG ‘ BT Potter can kick it out of the end zone, effortlessly.

5. Trevor Lawrence must improve. No I don’t mean stats but rather the perception that he isn’t himself. We must have him to stop overthrowing the receivers and for the love of God, cut out the interceptions. Anyone that says ther aren’t concerned are just not being honest.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic