Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How many more seasons would you guys give Monte at Clemson?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 66
| visibility 1

How many more seasons would you guys give Monte at Clemson?

Jun 29, 2019, 9:06 AM

Would y’all say he’s on the hot seat yet or nah ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

9***

Jun 29, 2019, 9:11 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 9***

Jun 29, 2019, 12:09 PM

The real question should be ---- "How many of us posters are on the hot seat"?

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 9***

Jun 29, 2019, 2:47 PM [ in reply to 9*** ]

Question is how many more seasons can we keep Muscoot at UofSU. I say IPTAY pays part of his salary to ensure the longest winning streak in series history.

Re: How many more seasons would you guys give Monte at Clemson?

Jun 29, 2019, 9:17 AM

The quality of the the coot trolls has really bottomed out over the years

No kidding, where is NAT when you need him

Jun 29, 2019, 11:17 AM

Hell, I’d settle for a JHop - he was always good for a laugh. Tremendous troll

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

For every good one, it seems there's 6,317 bad ones.***

Jun 29, 2019, 11:41 AM

Re: For every good one, it seems there's 6,317 bad ones.***

Jun 29, 2019, 1:54 PM

+1 on that #

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2019, 10:02 AM

Think Vanderbilt should have fired Corbin after his 5th season?

Tim Corbin at Vanderbilt

2003 Vanderbilt 27–28 14–16 2nd (East)
2004 Vanderbilt 45–19 16–14 4th (East) NCAA Super Regional
2005 Vanderbilt 34–21 13–17 4th (East)
2006 Vanderbilt 38–27 16–14 3rd (East) NCAA Regional
2007 Vanderbilt 54–13 22–8 1st (East) NCAA Regional
2008 Vanderbilt 41–22 15–14 4th (East) NCAA Regional
2009 Vanderbilt 37–27 12–17 4th (East) NCAA Regional
2010 Vanderbilt 46–20 16–12 3rd (East) NCAA Super Regional
2011 Vanderbilt 54–12 22–8 T–1st (East) College World Series
2012 Vanderbilt 35–28 16–14 4th (East) NCAA Regional
2013 Vanderbilt 54–12 26–3 1st (East) NCAA Super Regional
2014 Vanderbilt 51–21 17–13 3rd (East) College World Series Champions
2015 Vanderbilt 51–21 20–10 1st (East) College World Series Runner-Up
2016 Vanderbilt 43–19 18–12 3rd (East) NCAA Regional
2017 Vanderbilt 36–25–1 15–13–1 3rd (East) NCAA Super Regional
2018 Vanderbilt 35–27 16–14 4th (East) NCAA Super Regional
2019 Vanderbilt 59–12 23–7 1st (East) College World Series Champions
Vanderbilt: 740–354–1 287–206–1
Total: 740–354–1
National champion Postseason invitational champion
Conference regular season champion Conference regular season and conference tournament champion
Division regular season champion Division regular season and conference tournament champion
Conference tournament champion

Vandy hadn't been to the Tourney since 1980, Roy finished...

Jun 29, 2019, 10:31 AM

no better than 11th in a 12 team SEC, his last 5 years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you’re telling us Tim Corbin improved Vandy’s “ Anchor Down” varsity ?? program?***

Jun 29, 2019, 11:08 AM

Haha, maybe a bit...& Ahh Anchor! Down! is a pretty cool...

Jun 30, 2019, 7:39 AM

football cheer the Dores fans do for their D - always enjoyed it.

I normally like to give

Jun 29, 2019, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Re: How many more seasons would you guys give Monte at Clemson? ]

new hires 5-6 years. that is plenty of time to get your players in and establish your philosophy. and if it doesn't work after that time period then its time to go. so I would give monte about 2-3 more years.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Corbin is a great coach

Jun 30, 2019, 9:35 PM [ in reply to Re: How many more seasons would you guys give Monte at Clemson? ]

but their fortune changed drastically after the Opportunity Vanderbilt scholarship started.

Just look at the record difference post 2009.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Jun 29, 2019, 10:22 AM

Many more than your Scok will last.

TigerClaw1819 has yours by a month, could be a photo finish?***

Jun 29, 2019, 10:35 AM

Re: TigerClaw1819 has yours by a month, could be a photo finish?***

Jun 29, 2019, 10:41 AM

Your coot-radar needs calibration DSP.

No, I know the OP is a coot, both your users are scoks...***

Jun 29, 2019, 10:43 AM

Re: No, I know the OP is a coot, both your users are scoks...***

Jun 29, 2019, 10:49 AM

Sorry my friend. You are incorrect. Too easy to prove.

No, I'm not and most certainly you're not my friend...

Jun 29, 2019, 10:52 AM

scok.

Re: No, I'm not and most certainly you're not my friend...

Jun 29, 2019, 11:04 AM

Weird conclusion. Just a Clemson grad and fan on a board.

Is this your first and only tnet user name?

Jun 29, 2019, 11:27 AM

A) Yes
B) No

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Is this your first and only tnet user name?

Jun 29, 2019, 11:31 AM

A) ?

Jun 29, 2019, 11:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Jun 29, 2019, 12:01 PM

Here’s my kitchen display case and my son Meeting Trevor Lawerence last summer. His parents are two of the most humble and nicest people I have met. Said my son was the first “kid” to ask him for a picture.

nice collection in the mini-fridge***

Jun 29, 2019, 1:35 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: nice collection in the mini-fridge***

Jun 29, 2019, 1:49 PM

Thanks! My Ugag friends down here in Savannah hate it so it’s always enjoyable to invite them over.

Re: No, I know the OP is a coot, both your users are scoks...***

Jun 29, 2019, 2:34 PM [ in reply to No, I know the OP is a coot, both your users are scoks...*** ]

I've been on T-Net for about a decade now and I'm not sure I know what the definition of a scock is ...DSP my friend, can you please bring me up to speed Sir? TIA??

Hey hey Aiken, basically a user with more than one account.

Jun 29, 2019, 3:27 PM

The 2nd and every subsequent account, user name, is known as a scok of the original.

Back in the day, they called them sock puppets, then scok became popular from a misspelling of "sock".

The most famous "scok" bandit is probably Stanley with too many users over the years to name, having many accounts at one time using them to self-point his posts. Pretty funny, self-worth issue - he's broken.

Of course, there are also posters/trolls/coots/others that have been shown the door that will just start up a new user account down the road - all scoks as well. It's become a game of sorts on TigerNet over the long years to name a particular scok's former or original user.

BloodbeOrange called TigerClaw1819 a scok, which began this meandering - BbO is all of ~6-7 months old.

Hope all is well, Aiken, and that the upstate of New York is treated you & yours as it well as it should. Enjoy your Saturday.

Oh, and some old TigerNet reading for some of the terms:

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=10&threadID=392016&messageID=4349161

Re: Hey hey Aiken, basically a user with more than one account.

Jun 29, 2019, 3:43 PM

Thanks DSP! Now I know! ????
Hope you and your family are well too! Have a great weekend buddy!

Re: Hey hey Aiken, basically a user with more than one account.

Jun 29, 2019, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Hey hey Aiken, basically a user with more than one account. ]

Apparently I didn’t know what a Scok was either. I thought it just meant being a troll. My bad?

Message was edited by: BloodbeOrange®

"Trolls" do/have had scoks, no doubt, & it's likely fair...

Jun 30, 2019, 7:33 AM

to suggest most scoks, 2nd plus user names, have come about because their prior user[s] met some horrible end at the hands of the bored gawds ie TigerClaw1819, Spruce-Diamond Knowledge-Berry, Stanley - Master of a Thousand Scoks and so many more.

But it's not limited to coots/troll/others as there are ~tried & true Clemson fans that have con-troll issues that have scoks as well.

Re: "Trolls" do/have had scoks, no doubt, & it's likely fair...

Jun 30, 2019, 9:57 AM

You’ve been here long enough to have seen them all so I’ll take your word for it. Don’t really get why an outright troll would do what they do let alone an actual fan doing so.

Haha, not sure you need to take my word for it, I gave you..

Jun 30, 2019, 3:24 PM

someone else's explanation/definition & the etymology to date. Filling in the blanks isn't hard, you've done it yourself and show a better understanding of a "scok" by listing CourageousTiger, Berry & MarlboroCounty, all known to have scoks, at least one of those a ~Clemson fan.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/My-guess-is-either-25606442#25606442

@lightbulbbill® is a Clemson fan[with coot tendencies], but one of the best, likeable[rum, womens & SOS, not Spurrier, Shagging on the Strand] trolls on this board. Never asked why he trolls, never cared, just a matter of fact - not sure it's necessary to know why they do it, just a matter of recognition - some people just like to watch the world burn & other such rot?

You for instance, are a cereal killer of sorts, a version of Lizzie Borden, because seemingly when you saw what you had done, you gave @Francis Marion® 41, TDs that is?

As of your last post, below, you've given ~2,428 TDs going on ~600 more TDs than posts you've made. Some will call that TROLLING, some will call that WEIRD, others will call that COWARDICE of sorts for TDing a post, but not offering the reason why? - all their words, not mine.

Interesting to some, maybe not so much to others?

Re: Haha, not sure you need to take my word for it, I gave you..

Jun 30, 2019, 7:05 PM

Interesting. The word troll had/has not crossed my mind when ever reading a LBB post. Sarcastic yes, troll, no. To me, therein lies he difference. LBB doesn’t come across, to me, as disparaging or “dumping” which is what I find offputting or “trolling.”

If you would like to know were the basis for my TD’s originated, reference this past basketball season. I made several posts defending Judge Keller for a seemingly endless barrage of troll posts about our basketball program, coach and team members. While many disagreed with Judges opinions, I did not. When posters continued to make personal cuts at Judge, I took issue and voted down, not without chiming in with my own opinion. Always? Well, no. I work 60 hours a week and am raising three children (mostly my wife). Sometimes the stupidity didn’t deserve my response. If that makes me a cowardess and weird troll, well, sure, everyone has an opinion. The same crap, by the way, parlayed into baseball season. Que idiots like CourageousTiger whom I, with pleasure, outwardly expressed my thoughts on they. Every post from some other moeron that called themself 23079, etc, etc just seemed to deserve the most befitting pulse, zero.

Now, let me ask a question. Are you saying that I gave FM 41 TD’s??? I’m not sure how to prove I didn’t, but between you, FM, 1994 and some others like Balm, I have given you guys 100’s of TU’s. That I know and I believe would show in history. Why would I have given him TD’s? Why didn’t I TD your outright calling me a Scok?

Sorry, I don't care the why you have all those TDs...

Jun 30, 2019, 8:40 PM

as I mentioned, just recognized it, as is the case with @lightbulbbill®. There are all kinds of Trolls, Bill likes to rub people's rhubarbs so to speak, by posting daily FP updates or lauding UofSuCk's recruiting, both he knows very well will create ~consternation on the board. He knows the pulse, the temperature here and tweaks it, which earns him notice. And really, I called him a likable troll; he's pointed others in the past for calling him as much. He's certainly not the atrocity you described, that's pretty narrow, they've started ID'ing trolls, almost akin to genus-species typing. They've even created a show about Catfishing, another type of Troll.

The other, 41, is from the infamous poem about Lizzie and her story...

No more, no less.

Re: Sorry, I don't care the why you have all those TDs...

Jun 30, 2019, 9:16 PM

I get that. I’m not advocating you were looking for an explanation. My point for telling you as such is seemingly cliche, but I don’t social media other than t-net. I have read T-net articles and boards for a very long time. I never joined simply because I have had no other online profiles other than a Facebook account I abandoned in 2007. That and an active Linkedin account. I decided last year to join in and talk about one of the only things I truly love or virtually be around like-minded individuals. Your post referencing, what I would consider all things evil on this board, surprised me, but I get what you are saying in terms of its reference and variations therein.

Regarding LBB, I understand your original meaning as stated, no question. My point was that in my neophyt-ish thinking, I had never considered the term “troll” past a cart blanche B-hole looking for negative attention. LBB, to me, has always been the Cheers character fulfilling his role. Likin to Norm, not Cliff Clavin (sp). I appreciate your responses. It may be a board, but anyone can learn something. Your Lizzie reference in particular. Funny ashell since your explanation.

All that said, I’ve enjoyed your posts as well As FM, Bob, 1994, Balm (personal fav) as I am an offbeat cat, and many others that have been here awhile. I’m happy to be a part of it, but my MO is not that of a troll, good or bad. Just a guy that loves CU and wants to joke around with others that do.

Repeat to yourself, "dsp does not care"...

Jun 30, 2019, 9:25 PM

until it finds purchase.

Re: Repeat to yourself,

Jun 30, 2019, 9:44 PM

Got that. To your point, some enjoy watching things burn. Too, some of those like to ignite the fire.

BloodbeOrange

Jul 1, 2019, 12:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Haha, not sure you need to take my word for it, I gave you.. ]

DSP did to you what I’d call being completely pawned. Same as owned, just with a few more stickers on the bush and no lube. It’s in the TNet dictionary, just maybe not described as eloquently as I was with my choice of words. I’m sure you’re familiar with the dictionary I mentioned. Keep up the the good work - it’s fairly entertaining

Re: BloodbeOrange

Jul 1, 2019, 10:08 AM

No clue what that is supposed to mean. I’m glad you are entertained. After all, relevance hangs in the balance with assumptions made about faceless people on a message board.

Jun 29, 2019, 11:31 AM

How long will Mark Kingston last as the gamecoots Head Baseball coach???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 29, 2019, 12:44 PM

Been life long Clemson baseball fan went to games since I was 6 months old seen a lot of baseball at Tiger Field, yes I said, it Tiger Field that is what its original name was and I'm sticking to it. I have seen Khalil Green, Matthew Lecroy, Jeff Baker, Billy Koch, and Kris Benson and many many more. This team this year did not deserve to go to Regionals they did not earn it and like I have said on the radio when I called into Mickey Plyler show before the Regionals that if they went they would be embarrassed well, unfortunately, I was right I do not wish any of the player's bad luck or wish them to lose but when you know what is going to happen because you have seen it time and time and time again you have to speak up.

Jun 29, 2019, 12:48 PM

I would give Monte 3 more years if and only if he fires Bradly Lecroy abd he changes his Batting/Hitting philosophy

Jun 29, 2019, 1:16 PM [ in reply to Re: How many more seasons would you guys give Monte at Clemson? ]

He’s a keeper for um.

Jun 29, 2019, 1:47 PM

He (and any other coach you'd care to name) can stay just as long as Dabo's here and winning. I promise I won't notice Monte or Brad or anyone else sucking down large paychecks for middling results.

one more and if he does not get out of a regional this year.

Jun 29, 2019, 1:52 PM

along with something similar to last seasons collapse or a series loss to coot U. That seat begins to smoke a little bit.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Jun 29, 2019, 2:39 PM

I would have him fired this year! But dumb ### d rad prob gave him 10 year extension ! If he didn’t fire Brownell he won’t fire Lee cause he was on former coot staff!

Jun 29, 2019, 2:45 PM

Does that mean you’re not in favor of coach BB either?

Counter question is how long do you coots give muschump?

Jun 29, 2019, 4:31 PM

I mean.. your program is a dumpster fire. heading for a 6-6 possible 5-7 season.. a 6th straight loss to your big brother? On the subject.. how long does Kingston have? how long does Martin have? I honestly hope you give lifetime contracts to ALL of these clowns. :) You probably will once you win the "palmetto series" again. LOL!

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Jun 29, 2019, 9:06 PM

I expect him to have a long career here.

Jun 30, 2019, 9:01 AM

Recruiting in baseball is completely different than that of football or basketball. It’s the only sport where you can take years cultivating a relationship with a player, gain his trust and commitment, and then have the player get drafted straight to the pros out of high school. You also have to deal with the inability to provide full scholarships so the same kids you recruit have to also make financial decisions regarding how much of the difference in tuition cost their family can afford to pay. I say give Monte a break and see what transpires. I hope he gets things going at a higher level than current results show, but only time will tell. Until then he has my full support. As a season ticket holder, I will be back in the stands next season cheering them on again.

Jun 30, 2019, 7:06 PM

10+

Jun 30, 2019, 7:29 PM

2 more if we do not advance out of the regional round. Unfortunately this will force a move. That will give him 6 years? Maybe they would go 7 years total,but we have to advance.

Jun 30, 2019, 8:58 PM

No worries with Monty, his record against the Chickens is in the good side

as long as he makes the NCAA each year

Jun 30, 2019, 9:02 PM

He's ok in my opinion but just the ACC tourney wouldn't get it. It's true he's up against some tough odds in terms of lack of scholarships but so are a lot of other coaches. But I can't, in good conscience, give him the boot while we continue to make post season. That is as long as attendance is strong. When the home crowd dwindles it basically forces the AD's hand.

Jun 30, 2019, 9:07 PM

He only has 3 seasons left on his contract. A disappointing season next year will make it very hard to justify his second extension and recruiting with only 2 years on his contract will tie a hand behind his back. Next year is fish or cut bait.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Jun 30, 2019, 10:07 PM

I agree.

Jun 30, 2019, 10:19 PM [ in reply to Re: How many more seasons would you guys give Monte at Clemson? ]

What would a disappointing season look like??

Jun 30, 2019, 10:27 PM [ in reply to Re: How many more seasons would you guys give Monte at Clemson? ]

hey viz maybe you should just keep telling everyone how the rocker kid who was drafted in 1st round turned down those millions just so he could except a one half scholarship to play for vandy in that marvelous facility they have hoked up to their football stadium.

Jun 30, 2019, 10:36 PM

DE, good to see ya buddy!

Jun 30, 2019, 10:46 PM [ in reply to Re: How many more seasons would you guys give Monte at Clemson? ]

Please show everyone where I ever said any such thing then feel free to espouse more internet conspiracy theories. Never imagined I’d see grown men, supposedly Clemson men, crying (for completely made up reasons) about big bad Vanderbilt. It’s pathetic.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Jun 30, 2019, 11:08 PM

Because several Tigerneter’s were in such a hurry to ride Jack Leggett out of town so Monte Lee could be hired Monte should have plenty of time to change the way the baseball team thinks. They should have some simple goals like the football team. Forget putting Omaha on the back of the hats. Change the slogan to something that focuses on Team. The have a few simple goals. 1. Win first game 2. Win first series 3. Win first game of the each series 4. Win every series 5. Win every weekday game 6. Win ACC 7. Host and win regional 8. Host and win super regional 9. Make it to Omaha 10. Win first game in Omaha 11. Win last game played in Omaha This includes all games,

I am sure there’s away to even make the above list more simple. Each player could have his own goals like eliminate 50% of my errors from last season. This is just one example. But I believe the baseball team needs to be more focused and we need more consistent pitching and hitting with runners on base.

This should take another 2 to 5 years to win NC.

The above is one Tigernet members opinion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 30, 2019, 11:45 PM

100 more. One of the best in the business. A true leader and coach.

#trustinmonte

Go Tigers!. Beat Georiga Tech!

Jul 1, 2019, 12:05 AM

Which tech???

Jul 1, 2019, 8:11 AM [ in reply to Re: How many more seasons would you guys give Monte at Clemson? ]

Best in business? Lmao he’s been to one super regional and that was at c of c! He does eat pressure like candy though!

Jul 1, 2019, 10:23 AM

time will tell

Replies: 66
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic