Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU BEAT LSU LAST NIGHT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,378

LSU BEAT LSU LAST NIGHT

Nov 4, 2018, 7:10 AM

In the beginning, LSU started out on defense steam rolling Bama's offensive line. Not very wise against a team you expect to go 60 mins down to the wire with. They didn't pace themselves and that cost them dearly due to the lack of offensive production.

They couldn't establish the run game and that really hurt them. They didn't attempt to throw the ball on a deep route not even once. A few connections for a score would have held Bama honest and opened running lanes. LSU did connect on a few slants for 4 to 5 yards, but that doesn't cut it with Bama.

Another thing LSU tried doing was playing with TEMPO. You cannot start out with TEMPO until you find your rhythm against Bama. TEMPO works great when you're in a rhythm and the defense is on it's heels. However, it works against you when you cannot find a rhythm and fire on all cylinders.

As a result of failing to extend drives, the LSU defense became tired and Bama was able to score at will. The QB play from LSU was not very great. He failed to have a solid pocket presence, and didn't seek targets down field on a deep route. Wide receivers weren't running routes the way they should and they weren't getting open. The offensive line couldn't block a telemarketer. Running backs weren't able to break tackles.

Another factor of the game for both teams was the lack of depth. I didn't see too much depth for either team. Our depth will be a huge factor in the post season. We have guys earning quality snaps. We are literally three deep at every position right now and I do not see a team that can match our talent, experience, and depth at this point.

I will say that we need to clean things up on the defensive side of the ball when we play our third string defense. I'm not just speaking about the busted coverages and missed assignments. I'm referring to leaving WR's all alone on an Island. I'm also speaking about our tackling. It appeared as if some of our backups were arm tackling or merely trying to tackle the ball. You have to wrap them up and gang tackle to be effective. That will bite you in the butt in the long run. We need to correct that ASAP!

GO TIGERS! 15-0 Dream With Me Baby

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

We must’ve watched different games

Nov 4, 2018, 7:25 AM

LSU was over rated and (sec typical) over hyped. They aren’t that good - so, perhaps they ‘beat themselves’ much in the same way NCSU, FSU and UL did against us.

Alabama will be a tough game (for our Tigers), however, we have a better defense (overall) than LSU. I’ll agree that our secondary is definitely going to have their hands full with Tua and his very good receiving corps.

But we also have a much better offense than LSU, so I see us putting points on the board. As we have been stymied by good run defenses, Trevor Lawrence is going to have to carry a BIG load by being effective throwing the ball while avoiding Bama’s front seven. Those guys get AFTER a QB!

But, I respectfully disagree that ‘LSU beat themselves’.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: We must’ve watched different games

Nov 4, 2018, 7:33 AM

All this. LSU isn’t very good. We may not beat Bama or even get to play them but we are way better than LSU.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU BEAT LSU LAST NIGHT

Nov 4, 2018, 7:28 AM

LSU lost last night because they have NO offense. None at all

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saw a lot of the same stuff myself

Nov 4, 2018, 7:29 AM

Awfully called game on offense IMO. They only had 12 rushing attempts the entire game (I know the game ###### dictated they needed to pass more because of the deficit). Running the ball is their bread and butter and completely giving it up was inexplicable.

Great point about playing with tempo. For the life of me I couldn’t figure out why they were going hurry up knowing they couldn’t sustain drives and were totally reliant on their defense.

Neither team rotated a lot of guys until Bama put the 2’s in late 4th.

Last night proved that they’re mortal.

No, just like the last 10 years or so LSU doesn't understand

Nov 4, 2018, 7:30 AM

The concept of a forward pass, much like a lot of other SEC teams. No way you're going to beat a Bama or Clemson if you're one dimensional on offense.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Bama didn’t play particularly well and still killed them***

Nov 4, 2018, 7:50 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU BEAT LSU LAST NIGHT

Nov 4, 2018, 7:58 AM

actually, alabama beat them pretty soundly. Credit LSU's defense for holding the tide to a season low, but LSU could not run on Bama and that was the difference in the game.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,378
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic