Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruiting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Recruiting

Apr 18, 2019, 6:07 PM

Today is kind of a recruiting day for me (if anyone wants to transcribe recruit audio raise your hand), and it always amazes me the way the Clemson football staff treats these guys...I have had two different players tell me they walked into the football operations center for the first time and had someone come up to them and call them by name, already knowing who they are and knowing their families. That's how you win championships. The devil is in the details.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruiting

Apr 18, 2019, 6:09 PM

What all help do you need? I don’t work tomorrow.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2019, 6:13 PM

what about basketball recruiting? is there such a thing at Clemson?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2019, 6:15 PM

Who???

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, but the Clemson media doesn’t have time to cover it.

Apr 18, 2019, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruiting ]

They are too busy covering potential football recruits, what current recruits had for lunch, and what current recruits’ families thought about a tweet from an analyst.

HTH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Yes, but the Clemson media doesn’t have time to cover it.

Apr 18, 2019, 6:38 PM

Here is my analysis of the situation: Judge Keller is more interested in Clemson men's basketball than food, women, women's basketball, boiled peanuts, alcoholic beverages, reading in the library, watching Netflix late at night, baseball, football, attending church services, and hanging out with TigerBalm at the corner diner while trimming toe nails.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2019, 7:07 PM

Pretty funny post though you lost me on library and church. BORING!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, but I wouldn’t mind more basketball recruiting coverage.

Apr 18, 2019, 10:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Yes, but the Clemson media doesn’t have time to cover it. ]

I’m not aware of any Clemson sites that keep up with basketball prospects we offer and/or who are considering us. I realize that football recruiting is a much bigger deal, but perhaps if more recruiting info was posted some of our fans would realize that our staff works hard at it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Maybe if we doubled BB's salary....that would all change.***

Apr 19, 2019, 2:52 AM

As they should

Apr 18, 2019, 7:44 PM [ in reply to Yes, but the Clemson media doesn’t have time to cover it. ]

Unless they are going for zero readers

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2019, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Yes, but the Clemson media doesn’t have time to cover it. ]

I think it’s fair to say that excitement starts at the top with the head coach. He needs to force the issue if AD is not on board, which I have no idea if that is the case or not. Rick Barnes made a big splash here riding golf carts during football tailgating creating interest. What has brad done?

Transcribing is awful

Apr 18, 2019, 7:01 PM

Do you use any software to help? A pedal is nice too.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2019, 8:47 PM

I might be interested if it would be pay. Can we do all sports? Or does no one have that information. Football, Baseball, basketball, golf, softball, soccer.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

unless we are confusing white DLinemen***

Apr 24, 2019, 1:47 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We make mistakes too. Didn’t Bresee say his first visit was lame?

Apr 24, 2019, 2:51 PM

In an interview I saw somewhere else I saw where one of our people thought he was someone else and it put him off. Plus he didn’t get any time with the coaches.

Our coaches worked their butts off to get him back to campus. And then there’s the Clelin Ferrell story. His parents weren’t terribly impressed in their first visit either.

I find comfort in those stories more than the awesomeness of the moment. It’s not about perfection but the fight.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic