Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Penn State vs Ohio State.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Penn State vs Ohio State.

Oct 22, 2017, 10:37 AM

Who do yu have and who do you want to win? I assume we need OSU right?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Penn State vs Ohio State.

Oct 22, 2017, 10:40 AM

I don’t think it really matters as far as how it will effect Clemson.

Either way the winner will be ranked higher than us, and the loser will be below us. It would bury OSU’s playoff chances and leave PSU in very bad shape, needing OSU to get knocked off so that they can get into the B1G championship game.

I think it will be a great game though. I like PSU to win but since it’s in Columbus I think it will be close and I wouldn’t be surprised at all if OSU wins.

Still thinking..

Oct 22, 2017, 10:47 AM

since very complicated.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate Ohio State, so it’s Penn State for me.

Oct 22, 2017, 11:27 AM

But if Penn State wins, it means they’re that good to beat Ohio State in the Horse Shoe.

Re: I hate Ohio State, so it’s Penn State for me.

Oct 22, 2017, 11:41 AM

Oklahoma beat OSU in the horse shoe... Oklahoma doesn’t look like world beaters.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I knew someone was gonna say this.

Oct 22, 2017, 7:09 PM

I’m pretty sure if Oklahoma plays Ohio State this week, the result wouldn’t be the same.

I hope I’m wrong though. I wish nothing but Ohio State being beaten badly.

Re: I knew someone was gonna say this.

Oct 24, 2019, 9:08 AM

Osu takes games off. What they do and what they can do are two different things. Kind of like us in New York recently.

Yeah you're right. Clemson doesn't need any help from #2

Oct 22, 2017, 2:10 PM [ in reply to I hate Ohio State, so it’s Penn State for me. ]

losing.

Let your irrational hate hold firm.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Oct 22, 2017, 11:39 AM

Need OSU to beat PSU and then have Michigan State beat PSU the following week and then have Michigan knock out OSU the last week of the season. Dream scenario would then be one of these 2 loss teams defeat Wisconsin in the Big 10 title game,thus eliminating the Big 10 from playoff contention.

If that game shows up on the Donor's Pick Six...

Oct 22, 2017, 1:36 PM

I will take OSU. I have some respect for PSU but at this time I view them in the same category as ND. They played an easy schedule and beat a team that was ranked way too high in the preseason. USC and UM aren't all that, both teams were beaten on the road and both had unforced mistakes which made them look pitiful to me.

I expect both UM and USC to finish the season ranked lower than #20, possibly one or both will finish unranked.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate Pedophiles, so it’s Ohio State for me.***

Oct 22, 2017, 1:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

That's kind of silly.

Oct 22, 2017, 2:13 PM

How many PSU people do you reckon were involved in that mess? 10, max?

Let's try to be Tiger Gentlemen and not lump 100,000+ people into the actions of 10.

I don't think its silly. Would you be cheering for Clemson if that went on in Memorial Stadium?***

Oct 22, 2017, 2:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Yes. With the assumption that most if not all associated are long gone.

Oct 22, 2017, 2:38 PM

Don't have to pay for the sins of the father and all that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. I would want to tar, feather, castrate, and

Oct 22, 2017, 4:32 PM [ in reply to I don't think its silly. Would you be cheering for Clemson if that went on in Memorial Stadium?*** ]

publically humiliate the few involved in such heinous crimes and the cover up..

But at the same time I wouldn't hold it against hundreds of thousands of innocemt and good Clemson people either.

Please tell you see this?

No, I don't think Penn St fans are bad people.

Oct 22, 2017, 7:24 PM

I do think that if this happened at Clemson, I would want the program shut down for 5 yr minimum. What's that accomplish? Maybe not much. Or maybe it gives a chance to completely revamp the power the program has and review how something so heinous happened. It also is an act of contrition.

In no way, could I in good faith, walk proudly with a Tiger paw on my hat or shirt, or walk into Death Valley and cheer knowing the evil that happened there.

Call it a cleansing period. The staunch support for JoePa and the program is misguided. So, yes, #### Penn St.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: That's kind of silly.

Oct 22, 2017, 2:39 PM [ in reply to That's kind of silly. ]

I think there was willful and blind ignorance among the Penn State administration and faithful fans. In addition, they're honoring and venerating Joe Paterno already in spite of his involvement in the cover up. So, no I don't think it's silly to root against Penn State as a corrupt institution.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/penn-state-honors-joe-paterno-as-fans-from-both-teams-protest/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's kind of silly.

Oct 22, 2017, 3:03 PM

Rather play Penn State in playoffs two knock that smug arrogant look off of their POS coach face.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude, the entire Penn State fanbase?

Oct 22, 2017, 5:07 PM [ in reply to Re: That's kind of silly. ]

Come on man.

Dude, enough for me to root against them.

Oct 22, 2017, 5:18 PM

In addition, they honored Joe Paterno this year. That's the Athletic Department and current Administration.

Dude seriously?

Oct 22, 2017, 6:44 PM

That's like saying you hate all Germans because of Hitler.

Come on man.

By the way, I'm guessing you're old school anti-yankee. Right?

Dude, seriously.

Oct 23, 2017, 10:09 AM

You're vastly understating the complicity of the administration and the fans. Your analogy is completely bogus. Germany isn't honoring Hitler during halftime.

By the way, I'm guessing you either attended Penn State or have friends/family that did.

Wants Penn State to win. Thinks Ohio State will win.

Oct 22, 2017, 2:13 PM

Hasn't thought about best scenario for Clemson, if any, at this point.

Oct 22, 2017, 2:14 PM

I've gotta go with Penn State. A second loss by OSU knocks them out of it completely.

And then hope Penn State loses later in season.

Inagree, morher loss eliminates OSU from playoffs

Oct 22, 2017, 2:34 PM

Worry about PSU later.

And if OSU wins, no guarantee PSU drops below us.

Oct 22, 2017, 2:36 PM

We could have still both of them ahead of us which we really dont want.

Disagree. We win and PSU loses and

Oct 22, 2017, 6:48 PM

they drop below us.

Re: Inagree, morher loss eliminates OSU from playoffs

Oct 22, 2017, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Inagree, morher loss eliminates OSU from playoffs ]

Exactly

Easy.. Strict never pull for Penn St policy since child rape was condoned there.

Oct 22, 2017, 2:28 PM

I'd pull for the coots or UNC over Penn St, and that's saying something.

null

Not me. Never as far as the coots*****

Oct 22, 2017, 2:54 PM

Oct 22, 2017, 2:50 PM

If Ohio State wins, they control the east unless they take a B10 lost. I'm sure none of us want that.

Oct 22, 2017, 4:38 PM

Tough one. I think you have to pull for PSU. Eliminates OSU from the conversation completely. Otherwise if OSU wins and they both win out there could be a push to put 2 BIG teams in.

Wisconsin's schedule is an absolute joke by the way. They may go undefeated with the way Michigan is playing until the championship game. The BIG west is the worst worst division in CFB. Worse than the SEC least.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t think that would matter if we win out.

Oct 22, 2017, 7:24 PM

If we don’t, nether of those would matter too.

Oct 23, 2017, 10:28 AM

tOSU and somehow MSU losses one more game, but beats both PSU and tOSU and goes onto win the B1G.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

I hope they both lose***

Oct 23, 2017, 10:41 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic