Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watching Lamar Jackson on MNFB and it still
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Watching Lamar Jackson on MNFB and it still

Aug 20, 2018, 9:12 PM

Burns me that DW4 got hosed by The Heisman Committee...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watching Lamar Jackson on MNFB and it still

Aug 20, 2018, 9:13 PM

You and me both...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2018, 9:27 PM

The unjust thing that ever happened related to Clemson football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But he hurdled a guy!!!***

Aug 20, 2018, 10:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Wonder why DW4's hurdle against NC State didn't get much run***

Aug 20, 2018, 11:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wonder why DW4's hurdle against NC State didn't get much run***

Aug 20, 2018, 11:45 PM

ESPN.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

It was a crime.***

Aug 20, 2018, 9:30 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Aug 20, 2018, 9:38 PM

so unbelievable - still at a loss of words.

the entire football world should be embarrassed and feel like they need to take a shower.

null

Aug 21, 2018, 7:18 AM

And finish them with delousing powder.

Aug 20, 2018, 9:42 PM

And didn’t he lose his last four games that year?

^ YES he did..

Aug 20, 2018, 9:47 PM

YES he did!

LoL Twice.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, HE didn't. That team quit playing and Lamar couldn't

Aug 21, 2018, 9:37 AM

carry them.

Lamar is a great athlete, but not a great qb or leader.

But there's no need to have any disdain for Lamar Jackson, he just played ball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bro, time to get over it***

Aug 20, 2018, 9:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bro, time to get over it***

Aug 20, 2018, 9:51 PM

Not gonna happen....but i love how DW4 continues to disprove the critics...light years ahead of LJ at the next level.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why don't you trade that Natty for an individual trophy...

Aug 20, 2018, 10:00 PM

...in a team sport. Come back to me and let me know if that makes you feel better.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't know each trophy was exclusive.

Aug 20, 2018, 10:10 PM

You can't have both?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I didn't know each trophy was exclusive.

Aug 18, 2020, 4:10 PM

Be happy with what we got, which was better than a Heisman. DW4 wasn’t winning the award, it’s time to move on.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why don't you trade that Natty for an individual trophy...

Aug 20, 2018, 10:10 PM [ in reply to Why don't you trade that Natty for an individual trophy... ]

Yeah, ask Loserville which they’d rather have.
But agree that BOTH would have been more appropriate.

So we need to trade the Natty for DW4 winning the...

Aug 20, 2018, 10:16 PM [ in reply to Why don't you trade that Natty for an individual trophy... ]

...Heisman? No idea why you think the two are mutually exclusive. The man earned the Heisman. And the team earned the Natty. It's really very simple.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Complete Injustice Yes, but when he gets that NFL MVP

Aug 20, 2018, 10:24 PM

it won't hurt near as bad.

Lamar Jackson...the Heist-man wiener***

Aug 20, 2018, 10:29 PM

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

That will always bug me.***

Aug 20, 2018, 11:41 PM

null

Aug 20, 2018, 11:56 PM

Yep been texting my buddies about this. Just unreal. He got that award due to the hype he got for the first five games and betting a not so good FSU team that had zero defense that day. Did he ever beat a team with a defense work a crap?

Aug 21, 2018, 12:43 AM

He’s a real steal at $9.5M, huh?

https://giphy.com/gifs/61VBIeiaMsUdjH3jD2

Run Lamar,

Aug 21, 2018, 7:19 AM

RUN!!!!

Re: Run Lamar,

Aug 21, 2018, 7:55 AM

It only took him 4 seconds to give up 20 yards running backwards....that’s gotta count for something.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remember this...

Aug 21, 2018, 7:57 AM [ in reply to Run Lamar, ]

Lamar can go into the Heisman house kinda like Johnny F., RG III, Tebow, etc. But our guy DW4 can't get in that house, but maybe he gets in Canton.

Lamar was a great player, but not the best that year

Aug 21, 2018, 8:01 AM

DW4 was the best overall and we know that, but the thing that bothers me the most is how Lamar won it. The Heisman committee had pretty much made up their minds by mid season because OH WOW! LAMAR CAN HURDLE A SYRACUSE PLAYER! Many of them already submitted their votes weeks before the end of the season; which saw Lamar fumble his way to a home loss to Kentucky and Deshaun climb his way to the top of the college football world.

Aug 21, 2018, 8:03 AM

Well, though yeah, DW4 should have gotten it if votes weren't done that early, in the end he did get the 3 trophies he should care about...the ACC trophy, the National Championship.... And the Davey O'Brien trophy, for being the best at his actual position (QB). They might not have voted him as best player, but he was voted the best QB. It really had to suck getting the award for best player then to not get the award for being best at your actual position.

I wish Watson had won, but i don't think it was some

Aug 21, 2018, 8:57 AM

great injustice that Lamar won the award. Would i take Lamar or Deshaun? No. But he had a fantastic season and who knows what he had would've been capable of doing had he played on a great team like Clemson. He had inferior players around him at nearly every position on offense compared to Deshaun and still put up eye-popping numbers. Some major factors that likely played a big role include:

1) Watson and our entire offense got off to a really slow start in 2016 while Lamar and Louisville came out the gate incredibly fast, including the 63 point pasting they put on FSU. Remember Lamar was the absolute runaway favorite with nobody even close to him halfway or so through the season. Watson closed the gap a lot just to finish where he did.

2) The voting occurs before the post-season so Watson's playoff performances weren't a factor and neither was Lamar getting destroyed by LSU in their bowl game. I don't know why it's still done like this, but it is. Maybe they actually want to avoid the trap of always awarding the trophy to the best player on a playoff team.

3) Go look at Lamar's stats again if you have forgotten them. He threw for 3550 yards and ran for 1570 in 13 games and did so at a clip of 8.7 YPA passing and 6.0 YPC rushing. And that was despite playing behind a bad OL and getting sacked a ton. His adjusted rushing numbers (removing sack yardage) were even more insane. 1900 yards rushing and 8.9 YPC! Lamar was essentially a top 5 QB and a top 5 RB that year.

Sure he torched some bad teams and had his stats padded a little bit by that, but a) Watson had some opportunities early in the season to put up better numbers and didn't do it, and b) i really think if the numbers had been reasonable close Watson would've gotten the nod. The problem is that the numbers really weren't close.

Anyway, I'm not going to be bitter and hate on the kid just because he beat out a Clemson player for the Heisman. He really did have a fantastic season and he deserves some recognition for it.

But at some point its gotta be about wins and losses too

Aug 21, 2018, 10:06 AM

I think he had one big win and that was early against a failing FSU team. Now he was a Heisman in that game. But when it came to big games after he got hyped...he lost. Deshaun won all his big games. thats where a Heisman candidate lives. Not on some snap shot of a long run where he hurdles a guy but a grinding win where he leads his team to a victory..not just who's the best athlete. It was a shame. Lamar and his team folded toward the end of the year. He didn't rally his men or lead them in battle. IT was a beauty contest on a handful or plays and games. It was a hype award and was over after week 5 of the season.

not to mention...his coach would leave him in games where

Aug 21, 2018, 10:10 AM

they were up by 35 points in the 3rd qtr so he could pad his stats. And trust me they were still throwing downfield passes and giving him the rock every play. So alot of those crazy stats were garbage stats. Whereas DW4 is out... But that is where Dabo was more concerned with winning a championship than winning a heisman. Those stats were out there for dW4 too. Priorities become an issue at some point. Which is where a heisman voter has to do some homework and sift through that not just look at the bottom line and take it as the total picture.

Why though? The award is supposed to go to the best

Aug 21, 2018, 10:52 AM [ in reply to But at some point its gotta be about wins and losses too ]

player in CFB. At some point that became the best player on a team in the hunt for the national title, but should it have? If anything, i think the trend going forward will be away from that and back towards giving the award to the actual best player in CFB, regardless of team performance. If i were a voter i would discount team performance almost entirely and try to focus on the performances of the actual players themselves.

Also, Lamar was great against us in that 2016 game. He came out on the losing end, but i don't think that was through any fault of his own.

i don't know... i think along with ability and stats there

Aug 21, 2018, 2:25 PM

should be given alot of attention to leadership, team success. Especially at QB. An athletic QB is great and really fun to watch but if he's just a freak show that can't win big games and gets frustrated so much that he quits (Kentucky game and Houston game) then what is he? MVP's dig deep and gut out a win or get real close to it. They don't just give up. He was a freak athlete and very hard to handle. But his achilles heel is that you could break him down and once you get him to that point he would self destruct.

DW4 doesn't have an ounce of that in him.

You guys forgot how good Lamar was that year

Aug 21, 2018, 9:20 AM

He put up video game numbers with mediocre talent around him. This wasn't some highway robbery like you remember it.

Aug 21, 2018, 9:56 AM

I have tuned out with regard to the award. And actually had a few years earlier.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you got that right. The national media are hors when it

Aug 21, 2018, 10:01 AM

comes to heisman votes. They look at highlight reels and not results. The kid is def not cut out for the NFL.

Aug 21, 2018, 10:08 AM

I heard some moron talking head the other day say that they don't start looking at Heisman candidates until November. I wish that were true and DW would have one!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2018, 10:38 AM

Yep total BS on top of the fact the award doesn’t take into account the entire year. Most of the voters sent there cards in early which isn’t right either. They shouldn’t be allowed to vote ever again. I also think your teams record should be at least looked at. If you are the best player in the nation then you should be leading your team to tons of victories.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic