Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
GT 2019
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

GT 2019

Jun 21, 2019, 3:10 PM

With the hire of Geoff Collins (https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Geoff-Collins-to-Ga-Tech-1862750), is anyone else mildly concerned with GT being the first game of the year? No film, minimal scheme knowledge (sure, the coaches will review temple film for tendencies). On paper & from a recruiting star power level, I'm not concerned.

However, if the GT coaches develop a different, fresh, innovative game plan we might be in for a more difficult game. For example, look to the Pitt tight end from a few years ago.

Yeah, yeah...he came from Temple. His OC (Dave Patenaude) from Temple came with him. They want to throw the ball more than the previous GT staff. From the GT bio website: "In his two seasons at Temple, the Owls had two of the three highest single-season passing totals in school history. In 2018, TU boasted one of the top two rushers in the American Athletic Conference (Ryquell Armstrong – 109.8 ypg) and one of the top three receivers in the AAC (Randle Jones – 19.35 ypr)." Reading between the lines, this sounds like Chad Morris scheme when he came to Clemson. Run first, but not afraid to open the offense.

I believe most Clemson fans think GT won't have the proper personnel to implement the offensive scheme they want for a few years. But one or two trick plays (on side kick, punt-roo-ski, etc) and we might be looking at a bigger challenge than we expected.

70 days to go, it will be another fun season!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No***

Jun 21, 2019, 3:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

No. We have FAR superior athletes. Not concerned at all.***

Jun 21, 2019, 3:17 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: GT 2019

Jun 21, 2019, 3:24 PM

Not at all. We will run them out of the stadium in the first 11 minutes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Couple of trick plays...

Jun 21, 2019, 3:28 PM

won't beat these Tigers...they win big.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Vince Lombardi could be their coach and it wouldn’t help.

Jun 21, 2019, 3:37 PM

The talent gap is too big this year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If it's closer than any imagine . . .

Jun 21, 2019, 4:51 PM

Please come back and tell us we heard it from you first . . .

But "NO", I don't think it will be close!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2019, 5:04 PM

GT’s personal was recruited for the option. It’ll take a couple of years to recruit players to run his offense. Huge talent difference especially with their new offense.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2019, 5:24 PM

Go see your snowflake shrink.I will forward your concerns to the appropriate defense coach .Be available around November 5th to be contacted

Jun 21, 2019, 8:47 PM

+1 for a reasonable post. Not sure why some people went of the deep end with their comments. I think gt is a few years away from being a serious threat.

Jun 21, 2019, 10:47 PM

What exactly do you consider the deep end? I can’t find an unreasonable response in this thread.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2019, 12:26 AM

You are right, the comments are fine, I was just complaining of the TD he got from someone. A pet pev of mine. I'm ok with a TD just hate when people don't own up to it. I should have been more specific.

No

Jun 21, 2019, 9:01 PM

Daniel could be competitive with GT next year. They don’t have the horses. Collins will do a good job there but that roster needs a ton of work. That will be an empty the bench game.

I'm extremely concerned that

Jun 22, 2019, 12:09 PM

dippin' dots will not be ordered soon enough to make it to a Thursday opening.

Jun 23, 2019, 4:51 AM

Yes, The GT game bothers me. We will win but he jackets will give us a game. Remember how we looked the first year with Bowden with Streeter under center? Tech’s athletes will adjust to their new scheme. Their coach will spend the entire summer preparing for us. Dabo will have the team ready but, I will be surprised if the jackets are not in the game in the fourth quarter.

Trick plays from a team full of players

Jun 23, 2019, 7:36 AM

Recruited for a dead Option Offense vs Brent Venables? And what, pray tell does GT have to defend against our Lawrence led Clemson offense? Trick plays on defense? Wasn't it the GT game Lawrence sealed Dabo's decision on making him the starter?

Funny the only fans saying GT scares them have dog and ga in their names.

Absolutely no chance for GT.

Re: Trick plays from a team full of players

Jun 23, 2019, 2:13 PM

Well since I have ga at the end of my tigernet name I will respond. I am a Clemson grad living in Georgia. Thus tigergirlga. If you look back at the day of the Natty I posted that Clemson was about to hand Saban the worst defeat of his Alabama career. I have also recently posted that Clemson will repeat as Champions this season over Georgia and will handily defeat Texas A&M. I feel that the tigers will defeat the jackets. I just feel that the Ga Tech game will be like the A&M game last year. I will be at the game and hope that I am completely wrong. A blowout would be awesome. I am just not feeling it. My Clemson football gut is seldom wrong. Again, I would love to eat crow over this one.

I'm trying to take you seriously.

Jun 23, 2019, 4:40 PM

But Dabo over your gut any day of the week.

GO TIGERS!

You’re having lamb for dinner and

Jun 23, 2019, 8:28 AM

at your disposal are your weapons. Pea shooter, sling shot, and pocket knife.

A full grown tiger walks in.

Who eats?

Message was edited by: TIGrrFnn®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a dangerous game with lots of risk.

Jun 23, 2019, 2:17 PM

We might not win by more than four touchdowns.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2019, 2:54 PM

Granted we won’t have much film to study on their offense and that may necessitate having to run basic defensive schemes and adjusting on the fly. That could also result in some big plays for them and possibly them scoring a little more than the talent gap between the two teams would suggest, but.....

How in the white and gold hell are they going to slow down our offense ? The coots came in to Death Valley last season with a great offensive game plan. They knew they couldn’t block our front four so they resolved to get the ball out of five-head’s hand as quick as possible. Really it was their only way to move the ball. They weren’t going to run the ball and they weren’t going to have time for long routes to develope, so they did what they could. And they were pretty effective at it.

But they still couldn’t slow us down on offense. That game was never really in doubt.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Georgia Tech is in TROUBLE.

Jun 23, 2019, 2:59 PM

Jus' sayin'...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic