Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So what’s Oregon got going for it?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

So what’s Oregon got going for it?

Mar 31, 2019, 11:42 AM

I know they have signed some top tier talent recently but anybody know what else is driving interest in Oregon as opposed to any other West Coast team? Great facilities, coaching?
Definitely not Natties. What have they got?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nike money. Phil Knight almost single handidly supports the

Mar 31, 2019, 11:46 AM

Oregon sports programs.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Nike money. Phil Knight almost single handidly supports the

Mar 31, 2019, 11:53 AM

Yeah I forgot about that. Can’t buy a Natty though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well I mean you could've said that about Clemson before

Mar 31, 2019, 11:58 AM

They played in the title game twice this decade and are looking to build back to that level.

Also their football team facility is considered one of the top 5 best in the country

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nike money. Phil Knight almost single handidly supports the

Mar 31, 2019, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Nike money. Phil Knight almost single handidly supports the ]

The money doesn't hurt your chances.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well

Mar 31, 2019, 11:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So what’s Oregon got going for it?

Mar 31, 2019, 11:59 AM

Pretty area and the school has amazing facilities thanks the Nike.

Mar 31, 2019, 12:04 PM

2 Things: 1) Nike and 2) A ton of Snowflakes

Mar 31, 2019, 12:09 PM

Oregon is generally filled with white rednecks. I used to live there. The snowflakes are generally just in Portland.

Mar 31, 2019, 12:03 PM

Ducks are held in high enough regard to have their own hunting season - vs. chickens are just rounded up and slaughtered wholesale year round.
Ducks migrate, chickens are too lazy to migrate.
Ducks migrate, chickens are too stupid to migrate.
Duck habitats are protected, chicken habitats are detested.
Ducks fly and swim, chickens stand around waiting to be slaughtered.
Humans paint pictures of ducks, humans take pictures of chickens.....after they’ve been cooked.
Ducks make a pleasant sound, the only pleasant sound chickens ever make is after you slaughter them in an athletic competition.

Mar 31, 2019, 12:15 PM

Excellent post except that you forgot to add that Duck sauce improves Chinese food. Nobody wants chicken sauce on anything!

No dominant teams in PAC 12***

Mar 31, 2019, 12:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2019, 12:53 PM

2 words: Phil Knight

That's all they got (and need)

Mar 31, 2019, 1:10 PM

No titles yet but one playoff appearance and two championship game appearances, a lot more than other schools can account for. They have the ability to be elite, honestly gotta wait and see what Cristobal does.

I think we have gotten seriously big heads.

Remember our recruiting class of 2011? Sammy Watkins, Peake, Mike Bellamy, as well as some other big guys on defense like Tony Steward and Stephone Anthony, these guys were 5 stars and could have gone anywhere, we had only won 9 games or less in 20 odd years until they came. So before you guys start to talk #### about another program, maybe the coach is building trust and the belief in the program.

I hope DJ comes here and starts to keep our Dynasty alive but he wouldn't be bad off at Oregon either.

Mar 31, 2019, 1:14 PM

Good post. Oregon is an ok school that seems to have a pretty good and relatable coaching staff. Add in proximity to Cali and also a strong Polynesian lineage and I see why it could be appealing to DJ. In the end Clemson will hopefully win out but it’s not like Oregon is UofSC or anything.

Immediately after graduating from Clemson, I lived in

Mar 31, 2019, 1:17 PM

Eugene and worked next to the U of O.

Beautiful part of the country (evergreens, mountains, clear streams) incredible athletic facilities, not far from great recruiting areas (i.e. California), great mid-sized city, etc.

And Phil Knight’s (Nike) full backing and support.

One of the coolest football stadiums (and accompanying facilities) I have ever been to.

Clemson’s facilities are on-par (I think better), and I prefer the rural, lakeside setting (please God don’t ruin Clemson with too much development). Death Valley is better than Autzen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic