Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let's hear your 2, 3 or 4 keys to winning va Bama in NC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Let's hear your 2, 3 or 4 keys to winning va Bama in NC

Dec 30, 2018, 2:42 PM

I am curious about what you are really thinking. We all watched the two games. Clemson looked good. Some things to work on and strengthen. Bama looked at first unworldly with pass rush and all over the WRs. Then something changed and OK started moving the ball.

So for me, I keep coming to the core items - trenches and secondary. Below are my 3 things that need to happen for Clemson to win. Plus 2 other wishes.

1. Offensive Line must play above average with protections. TL will be blitzed early and often. Pressure will come over and over again early and if it stays effective.
- perhaps this could also be boiled down to RBs better play above averge with QB protection.

2. D-line must be able to get pressure on Tua all night long. (Last year, I think Bama won vs our D-Line)
- perhaps pare this down to something smaller and special - Get pressure with only 4!

3. Coaching
a. Veneables has to get Tua thinking. So many of Tua's throws are to wide open people. He seems to make decisions on where he is going early. I do not see him in progressions. He scrambles and may find people.
Any former players or coaches out there that see something different? Please educate me.

b. Tony and Jeff need a great game plan for the first three series. Start strong and fast.

My other two areas of need are:

4. Punting
Our punting must be very above average. We need to match field position advantages. We need all the punts - 55 yds from deep in our territory and the pin the deep short punts.

5. Secondary
DBs and Safeties must play like they did vs ND and like they can. Would love to see zero busts. If #2 above occurs, then tight, clean secondary play will complement the defense's effort.
- That middle gets softer when the time/protection drags on. Hard to cover when QB has too much time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's hear your 2, 3 or 4 keys to winning va Bama in NC

Dec 30, 2018, 2:45 PM

1. For God's sake don't be afraid to use lawyers and the courts so Dex can play.

2. Don't give up any points on special teams.

3. Feed 9 the ball. He should get 25 carries.

4. Put Tua on his @ss.

Nice assessment for a coot ;-)***

Dec 30, 2018, 3:01 PM

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

luckily TL is so good

Dec 30, 2018, 2:46 PM

Because our run game has not been so great against good defenses. We will have to rely on passing as usual against Alabama. Agree on the punting, it will be very important.
Other than that, just win turnover margin and play smart and loose and we got a great chance of slaughtering an elephant

Dec 30, 2018, 2:51 PM

1. Stop the Bama slant. Tua is accurate on deep throws but they do most of their pass damage on the slant.

2. Give Tlaw time. He's accurate and lethal with time. Give him time and a few seconds for our WRs to get open, we can move the ball with ease.

3. More 4 wide sets of Tee, Ross, Rodgers and Renfrow. Alabama's secondary is their weakness and we need to exploit it with our elite WRs.

4. Safety discipline. We can't get sucked in on RPOs.. our front 6/7 is the best in the country. Our safety's need to trust them and let them do their job and not cheat up or get sucked in on RPOs.

5. Run. We didn't have consistent success verse ND running and I doubt we do verse Bama either. However, we can't completely vacate the run.. and as shown, all it takes is 1 run to make a difference. Keep running, eventually ETN will break off a big run or at least some chunk plays.

I don't know chit about football so this is for others who..

Dec 30, 2018, 2:52 PM

are ignorant.

If we can find a group of officials who aren't SEC homers but insist on calling what they see with their eyes and not what they want in their hearts all we have to do is perform as we did last night.

ND burned us on tunnel screens three times and the lane was open twice for QB cut back runs. The officials threw one of at least five flags on PI against ND which cost us no less than 17 points.

That's my synopsis of the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Plus 1 - Nice assessment minus #4

Dec 30, 2018, 2:58 PM

We can't punt for ####.

I look for this game to be very similar to the first two NC games between Clemson & Bama. Both teams are talented and aren't afraid of each other. Protecting Trevor and getting pressure on Tua will be the key to the game.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Dec 30, 2018, 3:02 PM

Mine are simple.

#1 Clemson must be Clemson. Play the way we have played this year and it’s a done deal.

#2 Protect Trevor. The OL played very well last night.

#3 Get a new punter and FG kicker before the National Championship Game. Spiers is a great kid as is Huegel but they
are the weak(very weak) link of this team.

#4 keep pounding the running game, no matter what. ETN, Feaster, Choice, Dixon can and will eventually break out for a big gain.

#5 Lastly....Don’t fall for the Alabama hype. They have more issues than we do and they know they’re going to have their hands full!

Score more points than them.

Dec 30, 2018, 3:02 PM

Htywia

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic