Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Love following ratings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,533

Love following ratings

Apr 9, 2019, 8:13 AM

They are one indicator of where your program's headed. BUT, lately it seems too much stock is put into who's camp you at,if you attend camps>Rivalas bumps their guys and so on the ESPN ^ Rivals.

If you attended the Spring Game,or even watched the Spring game, does anyone really think Joe & Frank are 4 stars ?? LOL

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&Position=WR

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s why I like the composite

Apr 9, 2019, 8:45 AM

Where it will weed out the outlying rankings. But it wasn’t a great WR class last year and Ladson has also put on 10-15 lbs since January so he’s not really the same player he was. Ngata and Ladson were both high 4* guys. Ngata likely would’ve been higher if he went to more camps

Ngata and Ladson were the top 2 WRs on Scott's board

Apr 9, 2019, 8:47 AM

And that is the only ranking that matters. He scoured the entire country and reviewed every top prospect. These were the 2 he wanted and he got them. Specifically for WR recruiting... I don't give a #### what they are ranked. If Scott wants them, they are elite.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Love following ratings

Apr 9, 2019, 8:47 AM

It's tough to say if Ladson and Ngata should be 4 or 5 stars. There are only 30 or so 5 stars in a given year and maybe 4 or 5 guys per position in that group. Ngnata was the 5th ranked WR and Ladson was the 8th ranked WR of all receivers throughout the country. I didn't watch any of the guys that were ranked ahead of them, but being ranked 5th and 8th of the thousands of WR playing in HS is just splitting hairs as to if they are 4 or 5 stars.

I think they met the expectations that were put on them, and I would guess the others ranked in the top 10 are probably equally talented.

Re: Love following ratings

Apr 9, 2019, 9:00 AM

I've watched all of the guys in front of them multiple times. I wouldn't trade either of them for a single guy in front of them.

I think there were about 6 elite WRs last year that were all about on the same level. Ladson and Ngata are both in that group.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Yes they are

Apr 9, 2019, 8:53 AM

There are 10,000 plus high schools. They are both in the top 10. Some might even say they are 5 star recruits. I assure you that our staff couldn't care less how many stars they are.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,533
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic