Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Little old Clemson is "right where we belong" in College Football Playoff
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,435

New Story: Little old Clemson is "right where we belong" in College Football Playoff

Dec 4, 2016, 4:22 PM

Little old Clemson is "right where we belong" in College Football Playoff

The formula for winning a National Championship is simple for Dabo Swinney. Clemson entered last year’s College Football Playoff as the No. 1 seed and they finished second. Swinney wants to flip the script.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Little old Clemson is "right where we belong" in College Football Playoff

Dec 4, 2016, 4:38 PM

:)

Re: New Story: Little old Clemson is "right where we belong" in College Football Playoff

Dec 4, 2016, 9:21 PM

I do hope we go out and visit and enjoy that part of the country, but I want us, also, to go with a definite purpose and a resolve to return with the big prize still in our wheelhouse. I think we can, and I hope and pray the team does, as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2016, 9:39 PM

They believe and the coaches will have them ready...we've been to that stadium before and this time they will want that Trophy from the Fiesta Bowl. They can do it if they oprepare themselves for it...they will work hard and I just hope all will be healthy. Go Tigers!!!

Dec 4, 2016, 9:49 PM

I believe the team knows what it takes, and they will give what it takes. Get rid of the TO's, and we win the whole thing. IMO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2016, 9:54 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Little old Clemson is "right where we belong" in College Football Playoff ]

I do agree. I believe there is a "bitter sweet" memory from last year out there (and I was there and experienced it, myself). I hope we finish the job this year, and I think we are perfectly capable, too.

Dec 4, 2016, 9:36 PM

Remember the song "We Are The Champions"

You are the Champions...go Tigers!!!! WHO WILL YOU BE? ACC CHAMPS is what you are...now go get Ohio State...they said last year if they had played Alabama they would have been the National Champs ... they said Clemson wasn't able to handle Alabama like they did when they beat them...they felt Alabama was glad they did not have to play them again. I BELIEVE in THE TIGERS!!! BE the team by BELIEVING & EXECUTING!!! You can bring the Fiesta Bowl Trophy home...lets do it Tigers!!!! Oh by the way don't listen to Kirk on ESPN to much, he is an Ohio State grad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmd4OLzhQw0&feature=share
Link to the song We Are The Champions!!!!!

Dec 5, 2016, 12:26 PM

I think Kirk has been very positive about Clemson this year. If he quietly roots for Ohio State I can't blame him. He went to school there. But overall, I think he is one of the most objective guys on ESECPN.

Dec 5, 2016, 9:38 PM

Like I have admitted many times I am an OSU fan by birth and upbringing. I still think that Clemson will win this game. OSU has an average O-line and JT cannot pass when under pressure. My wife has already told me I am not allowed to go to the game if I route for OSU. I do hope that Clemson goes through because they are the only team that can beat Alabama.

Dec 5, 2016, 9:26 AM

Did mackey edit this article before it was posted?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

I prefer to think of Clemson as we right are. A program with

Dec 5, 2016, 10:07 PM

with a rich history. How many schools had John Heisman as their coach? From Riggs, Heisman, Neely, Howard, Ford and others, we have had great coaches with great success. Multiple bowl wins. Many many conference championships. Multiple undefeated seasons. A National Championship. Wins against ND, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Penn State, Ohio State just to name a few. We have a great stadium and with a rock and a hill which are part of the most exciting 25 seconds in college football. Top that off with a top 25 public university which produces great leaders of industry and in government.
So I don't see us as "Little Old" anything. We are the CLEMSON TIGERS with a long proud tradition of winning in all areas! We are though right where we belong as we've been there before.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,435
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic