Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Bowl Practice Observations: Zerrick Cooper and Shaq Smith impressive
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

New Story: Bowl Practice Observations: Zerrick Cooper and Shaq Smith impressive

Dec 13, 2016, 3:54 PM

Bowl Practice Observations: Zerrick Cooper and Shaq Smith impressive

Practice is underway for Clemson’s date with Ohio St. in the Fiesta Bowl, and the media was allowed to watch the first four periods and we came away from that limited time with a few observations.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank god our 4th string QB will be ready to play!***

Dec 13, 2016, 3:56 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thank god our 4th string QB will be ready to play!***

Dec 13, 2016, 4:06 PM

I know that U mean this as a joke BUT Tech once lost 4 Q/B`s IN ONE HALF!! their 5th string guy had to finish that game!!I know that is extremely rare BUT???

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2016, 6:02 PM

Zeddrick cooper will be our staring QB by middle of the year if he doesn't start from day one. This kid is a very good QB and fits our system well. Bryant just hasn't developed as a passer that I thougt he would, I really like Kelley but cooper can throw very well and run. Hunter Johnson or Brice will prob compete but depth chart will prob be cooler then hunter second string but also could be Johnson cooper if hunter is just that good he is #1 QB in the 2017 class.

Dec 13, 2016, 6:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Thank god our 4th string QB will be ready to play!*** ]

Zeddrick cooper will be our staring QB by middle of the year if he doesn't start from day one. This kid is a very good QB and fits our system well. Bryant just hasn't developed as a passer that I thougt he would, I really like Kelley but cooper can throw very well and run. Hunter Johnson or Brice will prob compete but depth chart will prob be cooler then hunter second string but also could be Johnson cooper if hunter is just that good he is #1 QB in the 2017 class.

Dec 13, 2016, 7:04 PM

Take it easy on the egg nog! ??

Dec 13, 2016, 7:59 PM

Lol this killed me I was thinking the same thing. My tea now lays upon my shirt.

Dabo said Bryant will be the starter in spring practice

Dec 13, 2016, 8:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Thank god our 4th string QB will be ready to play!*** ]

That could definitely change but u know how dabo likes to start players with game experience other than ones who haven't played yet, referencing dabo's decision on playing cole over watson. The Georgia game that year was expected that cole would start but watson should have started the fsu game. I'll never forget cole throwing the ball into the dirt when the TE was wide open just 8yds away for a TD. Watson started the rest of the game after that which he played excellent and we should have won the game. One of the toughest losses I've witnessed as a tiger fan

Re: Dabo said Bryant will be the starter in spring practice

Dec 13, 2016, 10:21 PM

Cole was a decent passer when healthy, but he had to play hurt a lot and it showed. I blame Swag for our lack of depth at the QB position that year.

With QB1 Watson and QB2 Nick S. graduating, QB3 Bryant is the starter. This may (and likely will) change.

Given the QB talent coming in, Israel may transfer if he doesn't win the job, especially if he graduates before the 2018 season.

Who?***

Dec 14, 2016, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Thank god our 4th string QB will be ready to play!*** ]

Re: New Story: Bowl Practice Observations: Zerrick Cooper and Shaq Smith impressive

Dec 13, 2016, 4:01 PM

I put in 4 months this year growing a beard. I did it, but not my preference. I was pissed at little things like having to lay differently on the pillow.

Made me realize I couldn't do it on the field with nasty o-linemen trying to yank it at any opportunity. Those bearded and long haired guys...they are dedicated to it, I'll give them that.

i like the sound of this.***

Dec 13, 2016, 4:02 PM

Re: New Story: Bowl Practice Observations: Zerrick Cooper and Shaq Smith impressive

Dec 13, 2016, 4:29 PM

Thanks David. Always like to hear how the guys are coming around. Next springs QB race should be interesting.

Dec 13, 2016, 4:41 PM

Totally agree. This is good stuff, and I do like hearing the updates on the younger guys. Also, great to hear Boulware giving guys pointers. Leadership is what sets this team apart in so many ways (that and character).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jimmy GreenBeans?

Dec 13, 2016, 6:00 PM

You didn't mention GreenBeans, has he recovered from that injury to his nose?

Re: Jimmy GreenBeans?

Dec 14, 2016, 12:47 AM

Now that is one tough S0B.......... And he does have eligibility left.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2016, 9:43 PM

Love this type of insight! Thanks

5 Solid QB's Going into the Spring

Dec 13, 2016, 10:10 PM

Obviously at least one of them will redshirt (if not two). I'd suspect that we will lose one to a transfer (unless both incoming Freshmen redshirt). If there is one Redshirt and one transfer then which is which?

I can't see Tucker Israel staying (without a position change) if BOTH Cooper and one of the incoming freshmen are ahead of him on the depth chart. I'd say the chances are that it will be a battle between Bryant and Cooper for the starting spot with the other being #2. Then the question will be is #3 Tucker Israel or is it one of the incoming freshman. My guess would be that we will redshirt both of them unless one of Bryant or Cooper gets injured, Israel transfers even if he would be #3, or one of them comes in and clearly takes the #2 spot by the end of the spring.

If we want to make things even more complicated - I think both Lawrence and Joyner will be watching what happens to the above depth chart VERY closely. Both of them would probably be rooting for Cooper over Bryant IMO. Bryant will never be competition to them and if Cooper won the job AND stayed through his Senior year they could redshirt through that. If Bryant wins the job over Cooper it could increase the chances that Johnson or Brice would become a starter before they set foot on campus. Bryant-Cooper-Israel this year with both incoming freshman redshirting would mean that they'd have to beat out Johnson/Brice at some point OR possibly only have one year as a starter.

All that said - from a Clemson fan perspective I'm excited regardless of the outcome. I think we've got 5 outstanding QB's next year and 2 more solid QB recruits strongly considering us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you nailed it

Dec 13, 2016, 10:36 PM

Bryant will be our starter heading into spring according to dabo. Cooper backs up or takes the starting job with one of the freshman as 3rd string and the other freshman redshirting. I think that Tucker will transfer this off-season or next. If Cooper starts over Bryant and we pick up Trevor Lawrence i could see Bryant transferring as well. My prediction for the 2017 QB position: 1. Bryant/Cooper 2. Bryant/Cooper 3. Tucker if he doesn't transfer or one of the freshman that don't red shirt. 2018: 1. Cooper 2. Johnson 3. Brice/ Lawrence

Position change for Israel? That makes no sense.

Dec 14, 2016, 1:49 AM [ in reply to 5 Solid QB's Going into the Spring ]

Unless he can kick he is at his only position.

Great article! Thanks for the insight!***

Dec 14, 2016, 12:34 AM

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic