Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wiltfong on Burch
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Wiltfong on Burch

Apr 19, 2019, 6:00 PM

Saw this as a hot topic so here's what I read, Steve said that he believes Jordan definitely favors Clemson but that his family and peers favor him going to South Carolina. Sounds like family and peers are trying to push him the wrong way as some expected, I think he's a smart kid and like XT ends up at Clemson against all the peer pressure and ends up happy. U5C is probably not going to be bowl eligible this year and that's definitely going to make things easier.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wiltfong on Burch

Apr 19, 2019, 6:00 PM

After the first sentence is my thoughts on Steve's analysis.

Needs to head down to IMG***

Apr 19, 2019, 6:15 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2019, 6:19 PM

I think this will be the year of the decootmitment. Boom has done ok recruiting on hopes and dreams but his luck has run out and 6 or 7 of his daddies are gonna lay a whoopin on him and the blind love for him will turn into a lynch mob ready to fire him and players will start bailing.

The new "portal era" of college football may force teams that are stuck in mediocrity like this even further down as kids currently on the team will also bail. Giving the new HC an even bigger rebuild.

If Burch chooses sCar

Apr 19, 2019, 6:20 PM

it would make me hate those chickens even more(didn't think that was possible). To watch a kid as talented as Burch make such a costly mistake would be sad. He will not get to be in a Family during college.

GO TIGERS

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: If Burch chooses sCar

Apr 19, 2019, 6:26 PM

Exact same thing happened to Zach Bailey except he had his girlfriend and best friend attending Coot U. He won 1 mediocre bowl game in 4 years. That's it. Peer pressure is tough.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Burch chooses sCar

Apr 19, 2019, 7:23 PM

I always felt bad for Bailey, because he seemed like a good kid and a really good football player. But, he made his choice. Could have had 2 national titles.

Apr 19, 2019, 6:23 PM

I'm not in any way convinced that Jordan is anything BUT a Tiger .
I know he's living in Cola , that his family may be pulling him in a different direction and that he is young and impressionable ... but being a youngster and having seen what Dabo is capable of and what the Coots are not ... I wholeheartedly believe that this kid will commit to Clemson as soon as he settles his mind down from all the attention he's getting and the pressure being applied to him by the have-nots at U5C .

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Apr 19, 2019, 9:42 PM

I mean they did get 5* Zaach Pickens so it’s possible.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2019, 8:48 AM

Sounds like Dr Eddie Floyd is in the mix. Originally from Pee Dee area+ family support for U5C= $$$.

That should never happen.

Apr 20, 2019, 12:32 PM

If the recruit had the choice between the two schools but grew up a Gamecock or had people there that he wanted to be with or had a relationship with a coach, such is life. But there is no metric by which friends and family could be pressuring him to go to South Carolina “in his interests.” Everything about going to Clemson, and I think an unbiased observer would agree, is better for him. Overall academics, push to graduate, safe environment, family environment, coaching stability, player development, success and exposure. All better, easily. But I can still understand that sometimes a kid wants to go where he wants to go...I cannot understand him wanting to come to Clemson but people who care about him pressuring him to go to South Carolina.

null

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic