Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A two year starter at tackle just got picked
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,160

A two year starter at tackle just got picked

Apr 27, 2019, 6:06 PM

I just don't get it. Why not Mitch.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It makes no sense at all.

Apr 27, 2019, 6:25 PM

I know, I know, the NFL is a lot different than college. Still, I'll never believe that a player that was consistently recognized as a great player in college would not project as good or better than guys that were never even all-conference. I just don't buy it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

The reports I read said

Apr 27, 2019, 6:27 PM

He lacked upper body strength and the scouts thought our offense hid pass blocking problems. Not saying this is true, but that’s the knock on him.

Re: The reports I read said

Apr 27, 2019, 6:33 PM

Not gonna lie, the 28 reps killed him. Should have played sick. One thing they can’t measure is motor, and heart. Two things Hyatt has loads of. He will sign a free agent contract. Have a 15 year career as one of the best. It just sucks he’s gonna have to work through the league minimum to do it. I watched the rest of the draft just to hear his name. The closer we got to the end, the sicker I got!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm familiar with the knocks on Mitch, I just don't

Apr 27, 2019, 6:35 PM [ in reply to The reports I read said ]

understand the reasoning. Somehow, in spite of his supposed limitations, he OUTPERFORMED the guys who are getting picked ahead of him. Why didn't these other guys make first team All-American? Why would someone think that all of a sudden, these other guys would be better than somebody they've never been better than?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Potential***

Apr 27, 2019, 6:28 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A two year starter at tackle just got picked

Apr 27, 2019, 6:32 PM

The Giants took a walk-on LB from Wisconsin with zero offers out of high school over the 2018 Butkus Award finalist Tre Lamar.

Mitch Hyatt was the “best available” OT since the beginning of round 5, yet and still, 8 other offensive tackles were chosen before him, including one from Morgan State, Elon, and Southeast Missouri State. I mean the Panthers even took Dennis Daley from USuCk at #212! I’m disgusted.

Apr 27, 2019, 6:37 PM

My honest take on Lamar: he was a bit on the injured side. He needed one more year to prove everyone he isn’t as injury prone as he is. He missed a Pro day because of injury. It’s the perception he set.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah, it was the 4.9 he ran at the combine

Apr 27, 2019, 6:50 PM

That's painfully slow for a LB

Apr 27, 2019, 8:46 PM [ in reply to Re: A two year starter at tackle just got picked ]

The kid from Elon is raw, but physically gifted.

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,160
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic